976 12 2023-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which props should I get for my Mavic 3, original or master air screw stealth props?
2023-3-23
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have always used original props.  Especially if your drone is still under warranty.  I believe the warranty would be void by using 3rd party parts.
2023-3-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tom_765 Posted at 3-23 19:30
I have always used original props.  Especially if your drone is still under warranty.  I believe the warranty would be void by using 3rd party parts.

yeah kinda like your car, if you put different tires on your vehicle than came with the car (or recommended by the manufacturer), it will void the warranty.  power windows stop working?  no warranty.  trunk lid won't close shut?  no warranty.  water pump leaking?

at least that's what the dealership used to tell me....  
2023-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OEM all day long for me,  especially as the rules in EU seem to treat non OEM parts as unsafe.
2023-3-24
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tom_765 Posted at 3-23 19:30

Yes I heard about that.
2023-3-24
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-23 20:36
yeah kinda like your car, if you put different tires on your vehicle than came with the car (or recommended by the manufacturer), it will void the warranty.  power windows stop working?  no warranty.  trunk lid won't close shut?  no warranty.  water pump leaking?

It’s totally the tires fault
2023-3-24
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 03:48
OEM all day long for me,  especially as the rules in EU seem to treat non OEM parts as unsafe.

I see your point.
2023-3-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use either.  It really does not hurt the warranty.  When you sent it in for service, it is not like you must include the props....
2023-3-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-24 11:57
Use either.  It really does not hurt the warranty.  When you sent it in for service, it is not like you must include the props....

Two things, I had a Care Refresh case where I crashed my drone. They wanted the props, everything I could find.
Also, every time DJI is asked about this the answer is - no warranty IF the aftermarket part causes the problem, otherwise the warranty is good.
2023-3-24
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-24 11:57

True but still…
2023-3-24
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-24 12:05
Two things, I had a Care Refresh case where I crashed my drone. They wanted the props, everything I could find.
Also, every time DJI is asked about this the answer is - no warranty IF the aftermarket part causes the problem, otherwise the warranty is good.

Just break a couple oem parts for the case
2023-3-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-24 12:05

they can ask.  : )
2023-3-24
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-23 20:36
yeah kinda like your car, if you put different tires on your vehicle than came with the car (or recommended by the manufacturer), it will void the warranty.  power windows stop working?  no warranty.  trunk lid won't close shut?  no warranty.  water pump leaking?

I’m not saying it’s right. Just saying that it’s better to be safe than sorry.
2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules