DJI RS3 // 3D roll 360 not working properly
5636 22 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TTEntertainment
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi all,
We have recently upgraded our handheld workflow to using the Ronin RS 3, great little machine.
After shooting some amazing initial 360 barrel roll shots it with the 3D roll 360 function, it is now completely refusing service in this regard. The gimbal will only roll about 15° before it comes to a stop.
Gimbal is fully balanced whilst turned off, all locks are in place and settings have already been reset just in case. But no dice.

In the attached images you can see the the gimbal is fully balanced whilst turned off, the motors are not working too hard to keep balance and lastly the maximum amount of roll possible before the entire gimbal starts twitching and puts itself in sleep mode.

Completely at a loss here as to what's going wrong so any help would much appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/3cYlS85
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We fail to check your images by copying the link. Would you please upload it again? It would be better if we can have a video. Thanks in advance.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_ftTJTh9J865q
New
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-24 23:39
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We fail to check your images by copying the link. Would you please upload it again? It would be better if we can have a video. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue with the dji rs3 mini, it’s turning like 15° and then the display shows I should check if I locked the axis or if the gimbal is not balanced…

Both isn’t the case, I am wondering what’s going on with this!
2023-3-25
Use props
TTEntertainment
lvl.1

Netherlands

https://imgur.com/a/g9NJmz3
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ftTJTh9J865q Posted at 3-25 08:12
I have the same issue with the dji rs3 mini, it’s turning like 15° and then the display shows I should check if I locked the axis or if the gimbal is not balanced…

Both isn’t the case, I am wondering what’s going on with this!

Hello, there. Our engineers wish to have a video for further verify the issue. Would you please help?

2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TTEntertainment Posted at 3-26 23:02

Hi, Sorry for the late response. We click the link but it sends me to the first page.
Will you be able to upload the picture on the Forum? Or attach a video link with Goggle Drive or Dropbox?
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TTEntertainment Posted at 3-26 23:02

Thanks for your video in PM. Our engineers checked the video.
it seems that the issue lies in the Roll axis and the Pan axis.
Please turn off the power, tilt the Roll Axis to the left and right, and tilt the gimbal to the left and right and record a video for us. Thank you in advance.  
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_aLqPddf8LYw3
lvl.1

United States

Same thing happened to me, while I was doing 360 Roll and then it stop responding to any movements
2023-6-15
Use props
djiuser_aLqPddf8LYw3
lvl.1

United States

Same thing happened to me, while I was doing 360 Roll and then it stop responding to any movements
2023-6-15
Use props
enricsr3
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I am dealing also with the same kind of issue, can't take 360 pictures with my ronin RS3 and Sony A7Sii + Sony 16-35 GM (perfectly calibrated with both ranges 16 and 35).
After few pictures and rotating looking up, motors start to complain and after a while stops working.
How can a product with this main features can fail on this?
We are buying this for professional usage and not as a hobby or showing off on Instagram how the expensive gear is, and doesn't work as it should.
Is there any solution to this?
(Bear in mind that I mostly bought the product for video stabilization and 360 pictures usage and doesn't work).
Hope to find a fast solution regarding this.

2023-6-29
Use props
Bruce Sokolovic
New

Jamaica

The 3D roll feature has been a complete failure here as well. Like the others I hit 15-20 degrees then the gimbal has a fit.
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

Здравствуйте ребята
я тоже столкнулся с такой же проблемой, после активации  не могу делать 360 снимков с моими ronin RS3 и Sony A7iii + sigman 24 70 (идеально откалиброван с обоими диапазонами
Во время вращения взглядом вверх моторы начинают жаловаться и через некоторое время перестают работать.
Мы покупаем это для профессионального использования, а не для хобби или демонстрации в Instagram, насколько это дорогое оборудование и что оно не работает должным образом.
Есть ли какое-нибудь решение для этого?
(Имейте в виду, что я в основном купил продукт для стабилизации видео и использования 360 изображений, и он не работает).Что мне делать помогите пожалуйста
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

Hello guys i also faced the same problem after activation can't take 360 ​​shots with my ronin RS3 and Sony A7iii + sigman 24 70 (perfectly calibrated with both ranges During face-up rotation, the motors begin to complain and stop working after a while. We buy this for professional use, not for hobby or Instagram showing how expensive the equipment is and how it doesn't work properly. Is there any solution for this? (Keep in mind that I basically bought a product for video stabilization and using 360 images, and it does not work). What should I do please help
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

djiuser_ftTJTh9J865q Posted at 3-25 08:12

Both isn’t the case, I am wondering what’s going on with this!

Hello guys i also faced the same problem after activation can't take 360 ​​shots with my ronin RS3 and Sony A7iii + sigman 24 70 (perfectly calibrated with both ranges During face-up rotation, the motors begin to complain and stop working after a while. We buy this for professional use, not for hobby or Instagram showing how expensive the equipment is and how it doesn't work properly. Is there any solution for this? (Keep in mind that I basically bought a product for video stabilization and using 360 images, and it does not work). What should I do please help
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-29 05:10
Thanks for your video in PM. Our engineers checked the video.
it seems that the issue lies in the Roll axis and the Pan axis.
Please turn off the power, tilt the Roll Axis to the left and right, and tilt the gimbal to the left and right and record a video for us. Thank you in advance.

2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI Posted at 7-7 07:22

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please record a video for us? Please show us the balance status and the issue you said.
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-8 02:56
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Would you please record a video for us? Please show us the balance status and the issue you said.

Hello, thanks for the answer, the reason was in the balance, everything works fine

Привет спасибо что ответили причино было в баллансе все отлично работает.
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI
lvl.1

Tajikistan

djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI Posted at 7-9 21:03
Hello, thanks for the answer, the reason was in the balance, everything works fine

2023-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_0OBdXfoMndzI Posted at 7-9 21:03

Thank you for your reply. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-7-9
Use props
enricsr3
lvl.1
Switzerland

Finally, I could fix the issue. I will inform how I fix it, in case it's help full for somebody else:

As my Ronin said it was perfectly balanced, it was not:

(Here says it's balanced, even after doing the calibration, but it's not properly done).

Main issue remains here in my case (red line shows camera is not aligned with the gimbal):

So basically what I did is adjusted up the blue slider (which is hidden by the camera) and center the camera with the red line.

Then, balanced again all the gimbal one more time, and seems like everything work fine.

Hope that helps
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_u6l1IPjWJhce
New

India

Hi All,
I am very new to DJI Ronin RS3 family as bought it just 2 days back. The Gimbal is running fine but suddenly the display has inverted upside down. Tried restarting it twice but still it isn't getting back to normal. Needed help for the same.

Regards
Ravi Chouhan
2023-8-11
Use props
JakeAllen517
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3825899 ft
  • >>>
United States

enricsr3 Posted at 7-10 04:44
Finally, I could fix the issue. I will inform how I fix it, in case it's help full for somebody else:

As my Ronin said it was perfectly balanced, it was not:

I'm really glad you posted this I was getting frustrated ready to send this back
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_gtZGyrMVv5vv
New

Taiwan

My rs3 moni have a different problem when I performing 360 roll the tilt motor moving also … please help me with the problem
4-10 01:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules