Any way to backup draft files to other storage units?
749 0 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Today, I was attempting to edit my files shot with the Pocket 2 using the Mimo app. The editor seemed to be quite easy to use and I was well on my way to finishing the project, had saved a draft in case I was about to run out of battery. After saving, I noticed there was a small gap between two separate video files on the timeline (I had recorded for a bit over an hour nonstop, but the Pocket 2 had split the recording for three separate files), and I attempted to close the gap by dragging the start of the file backwards. However, there happened some kind of error that kept on dragging the beginning of the video way too far, even when I had taken my finger off the display. Shocked, I chose the arrow at the upper left hand of the display and chose 'Restore Draft' to undo the undesirable change. However, that made the bad go to even worse, as I, immediately after selecting that, got a notification saying that the original draft file had corrupted and my only option was to delete it.

I surely was very annoyed, as I had already spent some time editing and was almost finished, and it was all for nought.

Now, I started to wonder if there was a chance to somehow make a backup copy of the draft file into some other storage besides the storage of the mobile device itself. If there is, how to do it? I am not sure yet if I'm willing to try the Mimo app for editing again, if it destroys my projects like this, but if I will give it a shot, then I sure as heck am not going to try again without knowing I have a backup file for the draft in case this disasterous occurence happens again.

I'll see, according to the replies I will receive here, if I give it another go, or will switch to LightCut or DaVinci Resolve.

A shame, because, the editing app itself and the overall functionality seemed to be mostly fine and do what was enough for me on this video. Oh well, at least the original clips were not destroyed.

2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules