1st & 4th Battery Light On Flashing Red and Not Connecting
995 16 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob in Spain
lvl.1
Spain

Hello,

I just purchased the DJI Mini 2 and was looking forward to my first flight today however I wasn't even able to take off.

Connecting the phone, controller and drone for the first time prompted a firmware update which was done successfully.

Arriving at my destination I set everything up, turned everything on and had a good connection with 13 satelites. Great let's try to take off. All of a sudden the drone rear light starting flashing red and on the app I lost all connection information to the drone except however for the camera which still sends information to the phone. Even now I can take photos with the red bar at the top left mocking me saying aircraft not connected to...(who knows what as the text disappears).

It's now impossible to turn the drone off without pulling the battery and after reading up a bit it seemed the problem may have been a low or bad battery which I thought was odd considering I had only just charged all 3 the night before for the first time and as I said the thing is brand new. Changed the battery and nothing. Then I thought it may have been heat as it has been a warm day however hours later there's still no change.

Next attempt was the DJI Assistent 2 App and while this did apply an update to the controller it fails to update the drone. It downloads fine but fails during the transfer and again I have to pull the cable and battery to turn it off.

I'm at a loss. I've had the drone a day received as a birthday gift and now I'm seeing the probability of having to return it.

I have seen some posts from last year but none showing a solution to the problem.

Is there a way to reset the device back to factory settings? This way I can attempt to install the most recent firmware via the desktop application instead of the mobile app.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We want to verify some details from you for better understanding. Have you tried checking if all three batteries performs the same? Also, aside from it not turning off, does it automatically turn on when the battery is inserted, or you can just power it on normally? And when you power on the drone and connect to the app after encountering the issue, are you getting any specific error messages on the app? If possible, kindly turn on the drone and open the DJI Fly app, take a screenshot of the Camera View, and post it here for further confirmation. Lastly, please also post the error message you got when you tried updating through the DJI Assistant 2. Regarding resetting it to its factory settings, it's regretfully currently not supported. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-3-24
Use props
Rob in Spain
lvl.1
Spain

Good Morning Tony,

All 3 batteries give the same result and no it doesn't turn on automatically. Popping the battery in and pressing the on button once turns on the 1st and 4th battery lights. Turning on the drone the propellers flicker the light turns yellow and after a few seconds turns red. After this it's impossible to turn off without pulling the battery out.

Here is the screen shot of the app with the "Aircraft not connected to..." message however the camera is visibly working.

Screenshot of the DJI Assistant 2 App failing the update. The file downloads and transfers fine but during the update it hits 30% then drops back down to 20% and does this a couple of times before the error comes up. During the process the light does switch from red to yellow but as soon as it fails it changes back to red again.

This morning I've even grabbed an another mobile to see if it's the OS (currently iOS and tested Andriod this morning) The message was a little longer and it's failing to connect to controller which is weird as it's sending imagery.

Many thanks again.

Rob
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

birdcatcher Posted at 3-25 15:11
i have an issue with my second brand new mini 2.... I can not activate it .... error code 1112... contact dji support ..... ???????? I purchased it legally from an retailer ....???????

Hi, there. We are sorry to read about this problem.
May we know your reseller information and can we know your product SN as well? Please don't worry, we will check this problem as soon as possible.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob in Spain Posted at 3-25 00:57
Good Morning Tony,

All 3 batteries give the same result and no it doesn't turn on automatically. Popping the battery in and pressing the on button once turns on the 1st and 4th battery lights. Turning on the drone the propellers flicker the light turns yellow and after a few seconds turns red. After this it's impossible to turn off without pulling the battery out.

Thanks for the update. Kindly try uninstalling and reinstalling the software from this link. If possible, please try using another computer (preferably Windows) and try again. If the issue remains, please post a short video showing the LED lights and the drone not powering off. Thank you.
2023-3-25
Use props
Rob in Spain
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 21:59
Thanks for the update. Kindly try uninstalling and reinstalling the software from this link. If possible, please try using another computer (preferably Windows) and try again. If the issue remains, please post a short video showing the LED lights and the drone not powering off. Thank you.

Hi Tony, which link is that?
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob in Spain Posted at 3-25 22:02
Hi Tony, which link is that?

Please click the hyperlink and it will route you to the website. If not working, you may check it here: (https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads). You need to install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from there.
2023-3-25
Use props
Rob in Spain
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 22:08
Please click the hyperlink and it will route you to the website. If not working, you may check it here: (https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads). You need to install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from there.

So the same thing happens. Downloads and transmites fine. During update the light blinks yellow until the update reaches 30% then it blinks red drops down to 16% and tries again. It attempts it 4-5 times and then gives the error.

Video link turning the device on. https://youtube.com/shorts/HyyULbe_oJ0?feature=share
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

birdcatcher Posted at 3-25 18:02
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A9nFFV8IYuep8651_uPIOLgY4zdsMAsa/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your detailed information, we will ask the relevant team to check it asap and reply to you here.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob in Spain Posted at 3-25 22:54
So the same thing happens. Downloads and transmites fine. During update the light blinks yellow until the update reaches 30% then it blinks red drops down to 16% and tries again. It attempts it 4-5 times and then gives the error.

Video link turning the device on. https://youtube.com/shorts/HyyULbe_oJ0?feature=share

Thanks for the update. We have forwarded your concern to our designated team for further checking. We'll keep you updated. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

birdcatcher Posted at 3-26 08:37
ok thanks in advance...

You are welcome, we are confirming the details with the relevant team and will get back to you asap.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob in Spain Posted at 3-25 22:54

Video link turning the device on. https://youtube.com/shorts/HyyULbe_oJ0?feature=share

Hi there. We just received feedback from our team. Kindly fully charge the batteries and try updating the firmware again. When you reattempted previously, did you use another computer? If not, kindly use another one if possible. And to cross-test, if there is an available aircraft you can insert the battery in, kindly check whether the same behavior is observed. Please keep us posted.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

birdcatcher Posted at 3-26 08:37
ok thanks in advance...

Hi, birdcatcher.

Thanks for your waiting here.

We have double-checked the details you provided with the relevant team, we are sorry that this problem can not be solved remotely, we suggest you contact the reseller and return this drone to them.

Thanks for your understanding again.
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules