New Guy Here
439 8 2023-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoatGuy
lvl.1

United States

OK, I have a Mavic Pro Platinum... Only want to use it for scouting marsh areas (up over trees and looking where I can not go with my boat). I understand about the flight limitations and alt. restrictions... But do I need any kind of lic. to fly this thing?

Thanks in advance.

2023-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assuming your USA see the FAA guide here - https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone
2023-3-25
Use props
BoatGuy
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 01:20
Assuming your USA see the FAA guide here - https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone

So since I'm ONLY using this for recreational flying and the Mavic is less than 55lbs, after I register it I must Display the Registration numbers on the Mavic? Just trying to better understand this.
2023-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BoatGuy Posted at 3-25 04:47
So since I'm ONLY using this for recreational flying and the Mavic is less than 55lbs, after I register it I must Display the Registration numbers on the Mavic? Just trying to better understand this.

That will depend on what you're using it for,  if your using the boat for commercial reasons then you would need the part 107.   Otherwise just for "recreation" you would need to register the drone and display the id on it.     Later the in the year you'll need to do the remote id setup which may require an external module.  

You'll will need to take the TRUST exam and carry proof with you.   

There is a list of requirements here - https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers
2023-3-25
Use props
BoatGuy
lvl.1

United States

OK, took the exam, and reg. it... so I have the proof I took the exam, and now it is reg. so do I need to put the reg. ID. on the Mavic?
2023-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BoatGuy Posted at 3-25 06:01
OK, took the exam, and reg. it... so I have the proof I took the exam, and now it is reg. so do I need to put the reg. ID. on the Mavic?

Yes, affix the ID number on the drone where it is visible.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BoatGuy Posted at 3-25 06:01
OK, took the exam, and reg. it... so I have the proof I took the exam, and now it is reg. so do I need to put the reg. ID. on the Mavic?

Hi, BoatGuy. Yes, make sure it is visible. Here's an example from FAA:

In addition, please carry the proof of registration with you when flying.
2023-3-25
Use props
BoatGuy
lvl.1

United States

OK, cool, I'm finally 100% legal and ready to go. have my reg. number, proof of Trust Test and Mavic is labeled correctly.. Thank you very much for your help.
2023-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BoatGuy Posted at 3-25 17:45
OK, cool, I'm finally 100% legal and ready to go. have my reg. number, proof of Trust Test and Mavic is labeled correctly.. Thank you very much for your help.

Great,  Enjoy some flights now.  
2023-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules