Android device -> USB Hub -> DJI Remote Controller
887 1 2023-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shaji
lvl.2
Spain

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has tested this, but after many tests I still can't find a solution. I'm working on a project which has to have the following:

- Samsung mobile device with Dex (Samsung Dex basically converts your display out of the Android device to a fully working desktop mode).
- USB Hub connected to the Samsung device with the following ports:
  • HDMI Out: For Samsung Dex desktop mode. I'm aware of the Dex Wireless but the quality and lag is very bad, prefer HDMI.
  • USB A ports for Keyboard and mouse connections
  • USB C to connect the DJI controller to the hub.

- Monitor connected to the HDMI out for Samsung Dex
- DJI controllers: Tested with the Mini 2 Standard controller, RC Smart Controller, and the Mavic 2 Enterprise standard controller.

Notice what I highlighted in red is the only part that is not working for me, everything else is. My Android device doesn't detect the Controller as a USB nor the USB Accessory when connected to the USB Hub, they are only recognized if they are connected directly to the USB C port of the Android device and not through the Hub.

I've tested with about 8 USB hubs, ones with DC power to provide more power to the hub and others that are simple USB C splitters, from cheap to expensive hubs, OTG certified, USB C to multiple USB Cs hub. Also tried plugging only the controller to the hub and no other peripherals. None of them are working.

I know that the DJI controllers use AOA (Android Open Accessory) to communicate with the apps and SDKs on Android, and they don't act as actual USB devices but as USB Accessories, I tried multiple solutions in my code in the my projec that uses Mobile SDK, and also tested in the official DJI apps, none of them detect the USB Accessory unless it's a direct single connection straight to the device.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues like that before and could provide a solution that I haven't tried yet.

Thank you very much in advance.
2023-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will probably get an answer quicker in the Developer forum here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;orderby=dateline
2023-3-26
Use props