DJI RC Pro - does it have a built in microphone.
1959 7 2023-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI / Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if RC Pro has a built in microphone in it and if it can be utilized by using screen record. Because RC Pro Enterprise (looks just like RC Pro , but runs DJI Pilot , not DJI Fly software) has the built in mic (it is mentioned on https://www.dji.com/ca/mavic-3-enterprise?from=store-product-page ).
I am looking for a way to record screen on RC Pro and to be able to record ambient sound around the RC Pro. I know there is a way to attach an external mic , like DJI Mic to RC Pro USB-C , but I was just wondering if RC Pro already has the built in mic and if it's possible to utilize it during screen record on RC Pro.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

2023-3-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't say for sure but I'd be willing to bet money that it does have a mic inside. The hardware between this and the Enterprise version are 100% identical. The only difference is certain features are disabled by software. This has been proven beyond doubt on my post here. https://forum.dji.com/thread-281418-1-1.html

Sad thing is the mic is probably useless unless you can modify the firmware. I hope someone can get root access on the RC Pro soon.
2023-3-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-25 15:48
I can't say for sure but I'd be willing to bet money that it does have a mic inside. The hardware between this and the Enterprise version are 100% identical. The only difference is certain features are disabled by software. This has been proven beyond doubt on my post here. https://forum.dji.com/thread-281418-1-1.html

Sad thing is the mic is probably useless unless you can modify the firmware. I hope someone can get root access on the RC Pro soon.

Thank you John. This is very interesting. Would be great if DJI could maybe unlock the mic for us to at least use with DJI Fly app screen recording , imho that would be a useful feature to have. Thank you for clarification.

Take care, Mike.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Mike. Thanks for reaching out. The same as the DJI RC, the DJI RC Pro has a built-in speaker, but not a built-in microphone. It only supports communication and sound recordings by connecting an external digital microphone through a USB-C port. We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-3-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is the wrong forum, the DJI RC Pro has one extra...

But regardless, this controller doesn't have a microphone built in...   
2023-3-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 20:47
Hi, Mike. Thanks for reaching out. The same as the DJI RC, the DJI RC Pro has a built-in speaker, but not a built-in microphone. It only supports communication and sound recordings by connecting an external digital microphone through a USB-C port. We hope this clarifies your concern.

Got it , thank you Tony.

Best Regards, Mike.
2023-3-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-25 21:49
This is the wrong forum, the DJI RC Pro has one extra...

But regardless, this controller doesn't have a microphone built in...

Hi Franky,

Btw the Enterprise RC Pro does have it, but maybe the enthusiast one doesn't. Anyways I got an external mic for it , will test it out.

Take care, Mike.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 3-27 08:16
Got it , thank you Tony.

Best Regards, Mike.

You are most welcome, Mike. Have a great day!
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules