Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-3 06:51
If you build the right type they do, otherwise no.

Bar type of fence is highly rated for use against gators.  Chainlink fences don't work as you'll see below.

But whats stops small alicators going through the fence and growing up in the pond?
2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 23:39
But whats stops small alicators going through the fence and growing up in the pond?

Close mesh chicken wire around the bottom 12" of the fence tends to work.  However, there is always a chance of one of the little ones getting in anyway.  That's when my removal method will come into play.  Gators love chicken meat and are easily trapped when small.  
2023-4-4
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The MC2 is for AVATA only . Don't know about Goggles Integra.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 04:09
Close mesh chicken wire around the bottom 12" of the fence tends to work.  However, there is always a chance of one of the little ones getting in anyway.  That's when my removal method will come into play.  Gators love chicken meat and are easily trapped when small.

What do you do with a small gator though?
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 00:02
What do you do with a small gator though?

I take them to a commercial alligator farm.  They raise gators for the skin to be used in purses and boots.  
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-5 03:56
I take them to a commercial alligator farm.  They raise gators for the skin to be used in purses and boots.

I dont think Ive ever heard those words together. "commercial alligator farm"
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:35
I dont think Ive ever heard those words together.  "commercial alligator farm"

Does sound a bit strange.  However, they are an alligator farm that raises alligators to be killed and used for commercial purposes such as food and skins for boots, purses, belts, etc.
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-6 04:02
Does sound a bit strange.  However, they are an alligator farm that raises alligators to be killed and used for commercial purposes such as food and skins for boots, purses, belts, etc.

I just had a look at the online butcher that sells alligator meat here,  but I was wrong and it's actually crocodile and its sourced from South Africa.    I wonder if they taste different.
2023-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 04:38
I just had a look at the online butcher that sells alligator meat here,  but I was wrong and it's actually crocodile and its sourced from South Africa.    I wonder if they taste different.

I ate crocodile in Mauritius and I remember the taste was a bit gamey.  Even here though gators taken from the wild taste different than gators from commercial farms.  I guess that is because of what they are fed.
2023-4-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol "taste's like chikkin!"
2023-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now