RC PRO no 5ghz wifi
1031 17 2023-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1266 ft
Ireland

After updating software to latest 12 controller no longer recognize 5ghz wifi networks. In hotspot menu when trying to create 5ghz hotspot it shows error. When connected to mavic 3 looks like 5ghz radio works. Reset to factory defaults didn't help. Anyone have similar issue?
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jeremy_26. Thank you for reaching out. Just to verify, are you trying to connect the DJI RC Pro to a 5Ghz hotspot but it only shows an error? If I understood it correctly, please tell us what phone are you using as a hotspot. Thank you.
2023-3-26
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi. I am actually trying to connect to 5ghz wifi network but rc pro doesn't see any 5ghz networks. Before update it was able to connect to mine 5ghz network and see neighbours 5ghz wifi networks. The only part of settings where you can change 2.4 to 5ghz under system is actually in hotspot section, so I checked if controler is able to use 5ghz wifi at all and tried to create 5ghz wifi hotspot with controller. It's not possible. Only 2.4ghz works.
2023-3-26
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

On the left RC with 5ghz working no problem and connected to Searching..... 5ghz network. On the left RC PRO with visible 2.4ghz networks only and connected to Searching.. which is 2.4ghz network.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeremy_26 Posted at 3-26 23:36
Hi. I am actually trying to connect to 5ghz wifi network but rc pro doesn't see any 5ghz networks. Before update it was able to connect to mine 5ghz network and see neighbours 5ghz wifi networks. The only part of settings where you can change 2.4 to 5ghz under system is actually in hotspot section, so I checked if controler is able to use 5ghz wifi at all and tried to create 5ghz wifi hotspot with controller. It's not possible. Only 2.4ghz works.

Thanks for the added information. Could you please check if your phone can detect the 5GHz network? If possible, please provide us with screenshots for confirmation. Besides, may I confirm if the current firmware version of your RC Pro is v03.01.1200?
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

My phone connects and see all the networks. Before update RC PRO could do that as well. I can confirm that latest software on RC PRO is 03.01.12.00
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

Searching..... - 5ghz
Searching.. - 2.4ghz
WiFiRiFi 2.4 - 2.4ghz
WiFiRiFi 5 - 5ghz

You can see that 5ghz are not visible on RC PRO at all
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

Was trying to see if that RC PRO can create 5ghz hotspot. Please see pictures where 2.4ghz hotspot is created and is working with 0 devices connected but when changed to 5ghz it shows ERROR and hotspot is OFF and cant be switched ON.
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

Screenshot with software version installed
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

First i reset network settings but this didnt fix the issue. I also reset to factory defaults but this didnt fix the issue as well.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeremy_26 Posted at 3-27 01:52
First i reset network settings but this didnt fix the issue. I also reset to factory defaults but this didnt fix the issue as well.

Could you please slide down the DJI RC Pro and then enter the WiFi page and provide us with a picture to check the network detected by the RC Pro?
2023-3-27
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

You have this already. Please see RC PRO on right hand side
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jeremy_26 Posted at 3-27 02:40
You have this already. Please see RC PRO on right hand side [view_image]

Thank you. We have escalated your issue to our engineers. We will update the result here once we get a response.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jeremy_26 Posted at 3-27 02:40
You have this already. Please see RC PRO on right hand side [view_image]

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Please confirm the information below:
1. Whether it is WIFI from the Router or hotspot from the mobile device.
If it is hotspot, please change AP band to 2.4Ghz and switch the secutity and have a try;

2. If it is WIFI from the Router, pls then guide to check the Router Wi-Fi encryption: wpa/wpa2-psk to have a try;

if issue still persists, please tell us the settings above along with the Router information, video showing the operation, rc log and tested time for further checking.
Thank you.
2023-4-6
Use props
Jeremy_26
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-6 05:35
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Please confirm the information below:
1. Whether it is WIFI from the Router or hotspot from the mobile device.

It is home router asus RT-ac86u and the scurity is wpa/wpa2-psk. It was working working fine until recent RC PRO firmware update. Doeasnt see 5ghz network and RC PRO is not able to create 5ghz hotspot.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeremy_26 Posted at 4-6 06:01
It is home router asus RT-ac86u and the scurity is wpa/wpa2-psk. It was working working fine until recent RC PRO firmware update. Doeasnt see 5ghz network and RC PRO is not able to create 5ghz hotspot.

In this case, could you please provide us with the needed information mentioned above for our further analysis?
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules