Won't connect to my phone...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vegasphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353100 ft
United States

I have rarely (maybe once) use my Pocket 2.  But, I want to use it. I installed the DJI Mimo app from DJI and installed it.  But, it cannot find or see my Pocket 2.  So, then, I had recently learned from my RC Controller and Air2s problems you needed to update the firmware from the DJI Assistant software on my computer.  

I get a message on the Pocket 2 that asks "Connect to the Computer" and I say yes.  But, nothing happens.  I looked and it seems like the most current version of the Assistant does not connect with the Pocket 2.  So, I downloaded an older version of the Assistant that says it works with the "Osmo".  I tried that and nothing works.

I am currenting in Firmware version 01.03.00.10.  Is this product not being supported any longer?  How do I connect to the app?  I use a Sony Experia 5 III and I am in Android 13.

2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, vegasphotog. Thank you for reaching out. The Pocket 2 is being updated using the DJI Mimo app and we don't have DJI Assistant 2 for Pocket 2. Please refrain from downloading any app or software if it is not from our official website. The firmware that your Pocket 2 is the most updated firmware and Pocket 2 is still being supported. May we ask how have you tried connecting it to your phone? Is it through the USB adapter or wirelessly? Please make sure that the DJI Mimo installed is from our official download page: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/pocket-2).
2023-3-26
Use props
vegasphotog
lvl.3
United States

I did download the app from your website and tried to connect wirelessly.  It could never find my Pocket 2.  I rarely use this....what firmware version should it be on now?
2023-3-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have two threads that list phone and tablet models tested for compatibility with the Pocket 2, and they also feature lists of troubleshooting tips for helping to solve connection and activation problems. The threads are located at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). If your model is not yet mentioned in the lists and you happen to test it, feel free to post your testing results on the corresponding threads!

Do bear in mind that there can occur changes on the lists as time goes on. For example, some models that have been previously stated as non-compatible, can be later proven to work as new troubleshooting solutions are found and later updates affect the compatibility.

Good luck with your troubleshooting, I hope you can find something helpful from the lists!
2023-3-27
Use props
vegasphotog
lvl.3
United States

Wow...thanks for your extensive list of approved phones.....it looks like my Sony phone is not one of those....I remember when I purchased this Pocket 2, my daily driver was the LG V60 and that was why back in the day I could connect.  I think my GoPro will work just as easily so I will archive this device amongst other in my studio.   Worthy of a blog post in 10 years.  hahahahah
2023-3-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

vegasphotog Posted at 3-27 09:52
Wow...thanks for your extensive list of approved phones.....it looks like my Sony phone is not one of those....I remember when I purchased this Pocket 2, my daily driver was the LG V60 and that was why back in the day I could connect.  I think my GoPro will work just as easily so I will archive this device amongst other in my studio.   Worthy of a blog post in 10 years.  hahahahah

Sorry to hear your phone isn't compatible, I hope you find an alternative solution for your problem.

Also, thank you for mentioning that the LG V60 does work. It wasn't on the list before, will add it there in the near future.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules