Is it safe to QUICKLY stop a fast-moving drone's motors?
621 4 2023-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Person123321
lvl.1

United States

When you are flying your drone very fast, and then suddently let off the power, are you damaging the drone's motors? Should you instead let off the power gradually so that there is less stress on the motors? I have always been reluctant to let off the power abruptly when I am flying 35mph. Is my reluctance justified?
2023-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant say Ive ever had a problem with doing this over the years.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. It is not recommended to stop the motors mid-flight as it may result in a crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency, such as if a collision has occurred, or if the aircraft is out of control and is ascending or descending very quickly, rolling in the air, or if a motor has stalled. And regarding the control sticks being suddenly released during high-speed flight, generally, the effect is not large, but if it is in the shooting process, it may affect the fluency of the video. We hope this helps.
2023-3-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done this many times with all my DJI drones and never had to replace any motors.  
2023-3-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not something I've ever worried about, and it's never been an issue for me, with any of the five DJI drones I've owned.
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules