Can I fly my DJI mini 2 in classB airspace in Canada?
857 3 2023-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hello1130
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97090 ft
Canada

Hello. I have one question about where to fly my drone. Is it legal to fly DJI mini2 without any accessories in classB airspace?

Thank you for reading this.
2023-3-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Q:  Is it legal to fly DJI mini2 without any accessories in classB airspace in Canada?
ChatGPT:  In Canada, the operation of drones, including the DJI Mini 2, is governed by the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and the Transport Canada Drone Safety website provides information about drone regulations and requirements.

Similar to the United States, Class B airspace in Canada is restricted airspace and there are specific requirements for flying drones in this type of airspace. Generally, a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) is required for drone operations in Class B airspace, as well as in other controlled airspace, such as Class C and D airspace.

However, for drones that weigh less than 250 grams (which includes the DJI Mini 2), there are exemptions from some of the regulatory requirements, such as the requirement for an SFOC. This means that it may be possible to fly the DJI Mini 2 in Class B airspace without an SFOC, provided that certain conditions are met.

That being said, even for exempted drones, there are still requirements for flying in controlled airspace, such as notifying air traffic control and complying with the airspace restrictions and procedures.

It is important to note that regulations can change and it is the responsibility of the drone operator to stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and requirements. Before flying in Class B airspace or any other restricted airspace in Canada, it is recommended to review the Transport Canada website for the most up-to-date information and to ensure compliance with the regulations.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Each country has its laws and regulations. You may check this link to see more details about the drone laws in Canada. We hope your Co-Pilots flying in Canada can also give you their insights and suggestions. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_COOJjUUTBhi0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152661 ft
Canada

In Canada your drone is known as a micro drone and does not follow regular drone laws.  It states that you can not operate the micro drone in a fashion that would endanger people or aircraft.  All of the the rest of the rules have the word "should" not "shall" or "must". Therefore, you are able to fly in all the areas that say "should" and not be against the law unless you endager someone or interrupt air traffic.  Best to read it for yourself though.  Here is the link.
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/learn-rules-you-fly-your-drone/find-your-category-drone-operation

2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules