RC2phone/aircraft2RC linking problems
836 2 2023-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.valenta
New

Czechia

Hi there,
I just got DJI mini 2 and after two days of searching internet I`m connected to the RC with my phone (Samsung S9+, Android 10).

It wasn`t easy way though. Each time I want to connect to the RC I must turn the RC off, toggle with the USB control settings (master/slave) on the phone and turn the RC on. After this procedure (and only from time to time) I luckily don`t see the "RC not connected to mobile device" message but "Aircraft not connected to RC" message. At this point I`m also able to control the camera-gimbal with the control wheel.

But the DJI fly app still doesn`t see it linked. I tried the three dots (...) -> control -> "Re-pair to Aircraft(Link)" but the message "Linking failed" occurs after 3 seconds. I tried also the manual linking (fn+camera button+shot button on the RC and press and hold on the drone). From the sounds it was linked again, but it was probably always linked. It only is not visible in the app. I succesfully updated the firmware of the drone in Assistant 2 to the latest. RC firmware is 04.11.0032 and there is no newer in the Assistant 2. I also tried to download older apk of the DJI fly app and install it. But it all behave the same.

I bought more expensive usb-c to usb-c cable, cleaned thoroughly the phone usb connector, tried 3 other android phones from newer to older (with no sleeve/case) but it hasn`t helped.

Do you have any suggestion?

2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to download the correct version of the DJI Assistant 2 and please update the firmware of your remote controller as it seems that you are using an older version. The most latest firmware of the RC of your DJI Mini 2 must be v04.11.0034. You may download the software using the link below. After updating, re-link again the remote controller to the aircraft and check if the issue persists. I will post a tutorial for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Tutorial:
2023-3-27
Use props
m.valenta
New

Czechia

Hi Paladin;)

My version of the Assistent is the latest v2.1.16 (downloaded from dji official site 3 days ago):
When I connect the RC to it, I see my firmware version (v04.11.0032). However it isn`t the latest one, I cannot upgrade it - there is no firmware version list:
Clicked on the refresh button several times, but nothing changed. Should I hack somehow the defaultsettings.ini file like with the drone to be able to upgrade the firmware?

Thanks for your support!

Milan
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules