Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 903602 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-29 06:10
There's countless small issues I've found in the 9 months I've owned an M3E. Most of them would be a simple fix from DJI but they refuse to even acknowledge them. White balance is probably the biggest. Like you said, it can usually be fixed in post. To do it the right way this would require shooting everything in raw. This however slows down your capture rate tremendously. Which as you said in the video, this fast capture rate is the biggest advantage the M3E has over say a Mavic 2 or P4 RTK. So to solve the white balance issue you're losing the whole advantage of upgrading to an M3E.

It is it possible to shot missions in RAW - this would give some post process control

Although changing wb in post process for files recorded with auto wb does not give as precise a colour representation as recording it in first place with a fixed wb
2023-9-1
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

There's countless small issues I've found in the 9 months I've owned an M3E. Most of them would be a simple fix from DJI but they refuse to even acknowledge them. White balance is probably the biggest. Like you said, it can usually be fixed in post. To do it the right way this would require shooting everything in raw. This however slows down your capture rate tremendously. Which as you said in the video, this fast capture rate is the biggest advantage the M3E has over say a Mavic 2 or P4 RTK. So to solve the white balance issue you're losing the whole advantage of upgrading to an M3E.

It is it possible to shot missions in RAW - this would give some post process control

Although changing wb in post process for files recorded with auto wb does not give as precise a colour representation as recording it in first place with a fixed wb
2023-9-1
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

2023-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thansen Posted at 9-1 06:18
This is urgent and you will face a serious sales problem for this model on a rising scale when this problem starts to spread
Let your ai and humans evaluate just what these remarks in this thread can conclude - that will not stop when it is not just a question of a “nice to have” feature but is a basic necessity and understanding of the product being made.

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. As we have explained above, we keep forwarding advice to our engineers but we also need data, too. Hope you can understand how important the data is for us to analyze the issue.
2023-9-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-2 05:01
Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. As we have explained above, we keep forwarding advice to our engineers but we also need data, too. Hope you can understand how important the data is for us to analyze the issue.

Hello again, Wanda. Thank you for keeping this issue on DJI's mind. However, as I previously stated this data request is understood but not at all a requirement for developing this basic function. This data request is just a stall tactic by your team to try and buy time. It's obvious. Did you or your team actually watch the video on page 2 of this thread? It's full of data that would be so beneficial to you and your colleagues. Maybe while you're at it please remove the dislike I mistakenly put on it since I don't have that ability for some reason. I'll be watching for it's removal as a sign that you have watched it. Thanks.  
2023-9-2
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Wanda you do not need users data. Get your so called engineers to fly a 300 Ha mapping mission & see what results they uncover. Its really simple, just include manual white balance like every other DJI product. Is it some kind of sales technique to not include on the Mavic 3E? This is getting out of hand, I have also shared the video on twitter to try get the word out about the Mavic 3E white balance issue.
2023-9-2
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Please explain why data is relevant to update wb control and get an essentiel photografic function / feature that excist in each and every digital Camera I have ever known.

Auto is not a professionel tool - period
2023-9-3
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

HiperGA Posted at 9-2 16:33
Hi Wanda you do not need users data. Get your so called engineers to fly a 300 Ha mapping mission & see what results they uncover. Its really simple, just include manual white balance like every other DJI product. Is it some kind of sales technique to not include on the Mavic 3E? This is getting out of hand, I have also shared the video on twitter to try get the word out about the Mavic 3E white balance issue.
It must be a sales technique but I sure hope it will backfire too much to not let us have.
I cannot see any other reason

Even from a “easy usability” point so there is less to think about does not make sense with such a essential function

The “we need data” is just a way to stall these conversations
No data is needed to understand this issue
It is clearly a will you give us manual control or not
It is not a faulty function we are discussing it’s a missing function
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-2 08:20
Hello again, Wanda. Thank you for keeping this issue on DJI's mind. However, as I previously stated this data request is understood but not at all a requirement for developing this basic function. This data request is just a stall tactic by your team to try and buy time. It's obvious. Did you or your team actually watch the video on page 2 of this thread? It's full of data that would be so beneficial to you and your colleagues. Maybe while you're at it please remove the dislike I mistakenly put on it since I don't have that ability for some reason. I'll be watching for it's removal as a sign that you have watched it. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response. I think I have stated in this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 468&pid=3098509
We require the original files so can we analyze it directly to see the issue.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thansen Posted at 9-3 00:36
Please explain why data is relevant to update wb control and get an essentiel photografic function / feature that excist in each and every digital Camera I have ever known.

Auto is not a professionel tool - period

As we have explained above, we put the link here:
The data is important for analysis. I am unable to know the detailed process for analysis but the thing is that we need the data for analysis.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HiperGA Posted at 9-2 16:33
Hi Wanda you do not need users data. Get your so called engineers to fly a 300 Ha mapping mission & see what results they uncover. Its really simple, just include manual white balance like every other DJI product. Is it some kind of sales technique to not include on the Mavic 3E? This is getting out of hand, I have also shared the video on twitter to try get the word out about the Mavic 3E white balance issue.

We are sorry for any kind of confusion caused. We will not iterate the reason for we have explained here:
2023-9-5
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 3-30 14:24
Why is the White Balance of the Mavic 3 Enterprise locked to automatic White Balance?
Is that really the problem you are experiencing?
If white balance was properly auto adjusting, the colour balance of your images should be similar even when lighting conditions change.

Your comment makes no sense

Have you tried taking photos with this drone at all?

The auto wb work just as auto wb should which means it compensates if there for an example is to much Mig one colour by changing the white balance so you achieve more  neutral balance - so if you have more trees in one shot than the next you have more red in that wb compensation
Conclusion they have a different wb when you open in RAW converter
This can then be changed to same wb - however this is a less precise method than having fixed wb
Also if you shoot jpeg only on a mission the adjustment possibility is even more limited with a worse end result when many pictures are being batche for a 3D or mapping purpose
2023-9-5
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 3-30 14:24
Why is the White Balance of the Mavic 3 Enterprise locked to automatic White Balance?
Is that really the problem you are experiencing?
If white balance was properly auto adjusting, the colour balance of your images should be similar even when lighting conditions change.

Your comment makes no sense

Have you tried taking photos with this drone at all?

The auto wb work just as auto wb should which means it compensates if there for an example is to much Mig one colour by changing the white balance so you achieve more  neutral balance - so if you have more trees in one shot than the next you have more red in that wb compensation
Conclusion they have a different wb when you open in RAW converter
This can then be changed to same wb - however this is a less precise method than having fixed wb
Also if you shoot jpeg only on a mission the adjustment possibility is even more limited with a worse end result when many pictures are being batche for a 3D or mapping purpose
2023-9-5
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 00:26
We are sorry for any kind of confusion caused. We will not iterate the reason for we have explained here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=287468&pid=3098509

No confusion caused, just a lack of understanding by DJI. Very disappointing, we will wait for manual white balance option to be added on the next firmware update. Im sure you will see a huge decrease in sales until this issue is fixed.
2023-9-6
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 00:23
Sorry for the late response. I think I have stated in this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=287468&pid=3098509
We require the original files so can we analyze it directly to see the issue.

I will get you some data soon. Where do you want it delivered?

It will be a case that perfectly shows WB fluctuating when I shoot 12 files 360 degrees for a customer who then merges them for a 360 degree panorama file.
They specifically ask for manually set exposure, iso and white balance.

This is not possible with your new "state of the art" Mavic 3E
So for this customer I will now have to use the older Mavic 2 Pro, but unfortunately do not get the RTK precision of the Mavic 3E :-(
2023-9-7
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 00:26

I will get you some data for you soon. Where do you want it delivered?

It will be a case that perfectly shows WB fluctuating when I shoot 12 files 360 degrees for a customer who then merges them for a 360 degree panorama file.
They specifically ask for manually set exposure, iso and white balance.

This is not possible with your new "state of the art" Mavic 3E
So for this customer I will now have to use the older Mavic 2 Pro, but unfortunately do not get the RTK precision of the Mavic 3E :-(
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thansen Posted at 9-7 00:02
I will get you some data for you soon. Where do you want it delivered?

It would be extremely appreciated if you could upload it to a cloud drive and share it with me in the PM.
We understand users' request for the function. We have been forwarding the thread to our R&D departments these days, too.
We believe they will evaluate the advice cautiously and take the decision eventually.
2023-9-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-7 01:37
It would be extremely appreciated if you could upload it to a cloud drive and share it with me in the PM.
We understand users' request for the function. We have been forwarding the thread to our R&D departments these days, too.
We believe they will evaluate the advice cautiously and take the decision eventually.

I see that my dislike hasn't been removed so I take it that DJI hasn't watched the video either. So here's a follow up video by Rich on the same topic. We would love to here an official response from DJI about what is talked about please.

#WhiteBalanceMatters

2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-13 16:39
I see that my dislike hasn't been removed so I take it that DJI hasn't watched the video either. So here's a follow up video by Rich on the same topic. We would love to here an official response from DJI about what is talked about please.

#WhiteBalanceMatters

As we explained above, we would prefer a set of original data for further analysis.
We have forwarded users' suggestions for them to evaluate the request.
2023-9-14
Use props
fansbbf256bb
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 04:35
As we explained above, we would prefer a set of original data for further analysis.
We have forwarded users' suggestions for them to evaluate the request.

I see you are still using that excuse to buy more time. Very simple, users are requesting to add manual white balance option for the mavic 3 enterprise. So just do that and everyone will be happy. Cheers. No need for any data evaluation.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansbbf256bb Posted at 9-29 00:50
I see you are still using that excuse to buy more time. Very simple, users are requesting to add manual white balance option for the mavic 3 enterprise. So just do that and everyone will be happy. Cheers. No need for any data evaluation.

As we have explained above, we will not repeat again. Our R&D department will evaluate the request and make the final decision. Please stay tuned to our website for later updates.
2023-10-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-2 05:02
As we have explained above, we will not repeat again. Our R&D department will evaluate the request and make the final decision. Please stay tuned to our website for later updates.

I think you're nervous Wanda.  Are you?
2023-10-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-2 05:02

You can repeat the same lie over and over but that doesn't make it any more true. This has nothing to do with your R&D department and everything to do with your finance department. Research on white balance was throughly documented long before DJI was around. It has also been well developed on DJI products up until the M3E where it mysteriously vanished. Look at this screenshot from your DJI Go app's interface for the Osmo Mobile 2. This thing is 5 generations old, and the camera hardware is third party! So almost 6 years ago DJI can devolop WB control for a third party camera manufacturer? Now it can't be done on your own hardware? Please, tell us again how our datasets are needed for implementation of already well established features. At this rate the Mavic 4 Enterprise is on the path to only having auto-focus/exposure and restricted to only able to fly 100% autonomously from a DJI Dock. Not even joking, a drone with this requirement is on the horizon because DJI is so dedicated to convincing us how "great" this Dock concept is. Nevermind how niche it's target consumer is and the BVLOS waivers and other paperwork required to use the thing. Sometimes AI and automated flight routes fall short of what humans can do. White balance control is no different.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 090225.png

2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-2 05:19
I think you're nervous Wanda.  Are you?

I have done all I should do and all I can do. As I have explained above, this request has been forwarded to our R&D department. They will evaluate the request.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-2 09:36
You can repeat the same lie over and over but that doesn't make it any more true. This has nothing to do with your R&D department and everything to do with your finance department. Research on white balance was throughly documented long before DJI was around. It has also been well developed on DJI products up until the M3E where it mysteriously vanished. Look at this screenshot from your DJI Go app's interface for the Osmo Mobile 2. This thing is 5 generations old, and the camera hardware is third party! So almost 6 years ago DJI can devolop WB control for thrid party camera manufactures? Now it can't be done on your own hardware? Please, tell us again how our datasets are needed for implementation of already well established features. At this rate the Mavic 4 Enterprise is on the path to only having auto-focus/exposure and restricted to only able to fly 100% autonomously from a DJI Dock. Not even joking, a drone with this requirement is on the horizon because DJI is so dedicated to convincing us how "great" this Dock concept is. Nevermind how niche it's target consumer is and the BVLOS waivers and other paperwork required to use the thing. Sometimes AI and automated flight routes fall short of what humans can do. White balance control is no different.

If you do not believe what I said,  it is of no help for me to repeat how many times.
The request has been forwarded.  From my perspective, I hope our engineers can implement the request too.
2023-10-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-3 03:39
I have done all I should do and all I can do. As I have explained above, this request has been forwarded to our R&D department. They will evaluate the request.

Wanda, I truly believe you.
I reiterate what I have already proposed, wouldn't it be wise for us (user) and you (administrator) to have clear tracking of feature requests?
Like a web page with request classified by model and sub system. Associated with a status, submited, rejected, accepted, available next firmware update...
2023-10-3
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

One vote for me also on the white balance issue.
While I haven't noticed a problem with auto white balance the request is so basic that I don't understand what the engineers will evaluate. Every drone I have used has white balance option. Also the most basic 50$ camera has this option.
2023-10-3
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeEV Posted at 10-3 21:54
One vote for me also on the white balance issue.
While I haven't noticed a problem with auto white balance the request is so basic that I don't understand what the engineers will evaluate. Every drone I have used has white balance option. Also the most basic 50$ camera has this option.

DJI has taken every measure to make the M3E as useless as possible for general photography/videography use. This is why basic options such as 24fps video, AEB photo modes, white balance control and countless other options are missing. Need these? Get a consumer Mavic. Need an SDK? Get an Enterprise Mavic. Need both? Get over it.

Or of course get an older, discontinued drone like a P4 that had all these options. DJI made a calculated business decision when moving towards this market segregation business model. I don't believe they expected the backlash it has caused but they are determined to try forcing us into buying multiple drones to achieve what a single one used to do.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-3 04:14
Wanda, I truly believe you.
I reiterate what I have already proposed, wouldn't it be wise for us (user) and you (administrator) to have clear tracking of feature requests?
Like a web page with request classified by model and sub system. Associated with a status, submited, rejected, accepted, available next firmware update...

We are sorry that the tracking of the request or evaluation result is discussed and determined by the engineers. It is not public either.
2023-10-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-4 06:46
We are sorry that the tracking of the request or evaluation result is discussed and determined by the engineers. It is not public either.

Then please do not be surprised to receive continuous customer claims.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-4 07:20
Then please do not be surprised to receive continuous customer claims.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

I think it is inevitable and all we can do is to forward the request continuously.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-7
Use props
Salvador Garza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3604255 ft
United States

Hi DJI Wanda

Since version 5.3.0 of the MSDK, setting the white balance is supported per: https://developer.dji.com/api-re ... whitebalance_inline

https://developer.dji.com/api-re ... ance_setmode_inline

And according to the following link: https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/  the Mavic 3E series is supported by MSDK 5.x.x

Mission planning apps like Dronelink support this feature. There is no reason for DJI Pilot 2 not to support a standard photography setting found in all cameras, consumer and professional.

Best,
Salvador

2023-10-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI official statement on this white balance issue: 42b7e8e5f53796d996a28e341c3694b5.jpg
2023-10-18
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-3 03:39

Hello Wanda.  Reading this thread, I feel sorry for your predicament.  Your "engineers" hide in the closet and send you out to try and make excuses for their shortfalls.  That must be terrible.

Thanks to Salvador for posting that the White Balance functionality is already available on the camera in the craft.  It looks like it is the the Pilot 2 app "engineers" that are falling down on the job.  If they are incompetent and do not know how to hook into the craft to control the white balance, then they can certainly reach out to third party sdk developers that are already doing it for some help.  This is such a simple thing that it should be really embarrassing for DJI.

Thank you for your understanding and support of DJI customers.  I'm sorry for being put between a rock and a hard place by your own team.
2023-10-21
Use props
Coach Ice
New
Flight distance : 27743 ft
United States

Dear DJI,
WHITE BALANCE PHOTO / VIDEO MANUAL SETTINGS NEEDED. As Rich Charpentier laments on YouTube in his "M3E White Balance Follow Up" — his criticisms are 100% valid. Please invest in your M3E/T software team. Encourage them to dazzle the world-wide Enterprise market — with the same basic camera features around since the history-making, world breathtaking DJI Phantom 4. All we're asking for is manual white balance control. Why? Well, I'm a Solar Field Mapping contractor under FPLAir > NexGen > ProCam flying the M3E and M3T in The Big Apple and great State of New York, mapping with both drones daily. It's frustrating knowing my Air2S can outperform a Mavic 3 Enterprise in actual photogrammetry.
2023-10-24
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

Anyone use DroneDeploy app rather than DJI pilot 2 app? Just trying to find another solution that has the manual white balance option available. Looks like dronelink might work but not sure how reliable the software is with mavic 3E.
2023-11-3
Use props
ADAGIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6499537 ft
  • >>>
France

hi

the white balance is a big problem that dji engineers don't understand its costs for its users! I had to redo my 2000hc project with phantom and I have put my mavic3m on the shelf so I don't have to redo my projects!

Even selling it is not morally right and I don't know what to do with this situation
2023-11-4
Use props
HiperGA
lvl.2
Australia

I recently purchased DroneLink for a month subscription to test out whether you could manually set white balance with the Mavic 3E.

turns out the function is there, however it doesnt let you change from Auto White balance.  (see attached image)

Just a heads up for other users dont waste your time trying third party software, looks like its up to DJI to fix this situation.

Come on DJI lift your game this is getting beyond a joke.

2023-11-14
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I think that M4E will have an innovative feature that has not been available anywhere before.  This is a custom white balance.  But they will disable autofocus.  Cause then they will need to sell the M5E.
2023-11-28
Use props
SurveyingRemotePilot
lvl.2

Australia

Good news everyone... DJI have released a firmware update for DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise RC "DJI Pilot Offline Firmware Update v02.01.01.08".

Comes with the following release note: "When performing a Mapping task in DJI Pilot 2, after manually adjusting the gimbal, the gimbal sometimes automatically turns downwards."

Who cares about the above fix?

Give us Manual White Balance!!!
2023-12-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules