Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,
i noticed that i have a slight horizon tilt and not always. Usually when i take off after a while i notice that the horizon loses its straight line. I noticed that if i stop and do a a360 turn around its self fixes the problem. I recalibrated the IMU the compass and the gimbal offcourse. And also i refreshed the Firmware and i uninstalled/installed the app(android). That this small problem is still there.
The weird thing is that in my Mini 3 Pro the horizon is rock steady an super straight. After some check i ve made i saw that when the horizon is off ussually is between -0.4 to -0.3 but not always so i can correct it manually from the menu. Some times is straight and some times is by -0.3 or 0.4 off.

Any ideas? Did anyone else experiencing anything similar? I saw some raw Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 classic videos in youtube(unedited) and almost always they have a small tilt ,it is usually visible when you fly close to sea ,which i am every day.

Thanks,

2023-3-28
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After the 14th second you will notice this. There was no significant wind. And as you will notice the problem started when i turned. (Sorry for the resolution of the video it is just from the live feed)

2023-3-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi George,

I also sometimes get this when filming the ocean, but like you said, just doing a circle with the yaw fixes this , so it does not bother me. My Mini 3 Pro also like you said does not have this at all, always horizontal horizon, but it does not bother me at all, as I can easily fix it by doing a yaw circle. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.

2023-3-28
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Mzp Posted at 3-28 07:17
Hi George,

I also sometimes get this when filming the ocean, but like you said, just doing a circle with the yaw fixes this , so it does not bother me. My Mini 3 Pro also like you said does not have this at all, always horizontal horizon, but it does not bother me at all, as I can easily fix it by doing a yaw circle. Hope this helps.

Hi Mike,
I feel better now. It s nice to know that i am not the only one. Although is this acceptable for a 2000+ Euro drone depending on the version?

Thanks for your reply!
George
2023-3-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not the only one by a long shot.  I sent mine in for repair and it was diagnosed as a bad gimbal motor.  Got it back and it was perfect.
2023-3-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 3-28 08:38
Hi Mike,
I feel better now. It s nice to know that i am not the only one. Although is this acceptable for a 2000+ Euro drone depending on the version?

Hi George,

Yes, I hear you. As Tony mentioned below , maybe it's a repair case. I am good with mine as otherwise it's a good drone with a good "optics lottery" , so I am keeping mine.

Take care, Mike.
2023-3-29
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

TonyPHX Posted at 3-28 12:42
Not the only one by a long shot.  I sent mine in for repair and it was diagnosed as a bad gimbal motor.  Got it back and it was perfect.

Thanks Tony, i will do the same.
2023-3-29
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Mzp Posted at 3-29 03:06
Hi George,

Yes, I hear you. As Tony mentioned below , maybe it's a repair case. I am good with mine as otherwise it's a good drone with a good "optics lottery" , so I am keeping mine.

Thanks for your reply

George
2023-3-29
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Is there anyone from @dji would say something or I should just send it back;

Thanks,
2023-3-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 3-29 08:25
Is there anyone from @dji would say something or I should just send it back;

Thanks,

When you open the case, I would include some pictures illustrating the issue.  That makes it plain what the complaint is.
2023-3-29
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

TonyPHX Posted at 3-29 09:16
When you open the case, I would include some pictures illustrating the issue.  That makes it plain what the complaint is.

Thanks Tony. Pictures are no good if you ask me. I had a similar case with an Air 2S last year. Included a video and i had the replacement back super fast. Actual round trip 5 working days!

Cannot complain about their support!
2023-3-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 3-29 11:05
Thanks Tony. Pictures are no good if you ask me. I had a similar case with an Air 2S last year. Included a video and i had the replacement back super fast. Actual round trip 5 working days!

Cannot complain about their support!

Nice!  Well, whatever it takes, I hope they get your bird back in the air with a level eye to the horizon!
2023-3-30
Use props
fans4611786a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issue and had enough of it, was horizon tilt every time, so have sent it back and see what happens.
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules