Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repositioning of the guidance sensors
2129 6 2015-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uaviation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1632106 ft
Australia

Hello,

We are experimenting with M 100 and Guidance. We are interested to learn if there is a way to re-organise the guidance sensors.

As there are five sensors on the current guidance system, We would prefer to arrange them - front, left, right, top, bottom (instead of front, left, right, back, bottom). This would assist us with proof-of-concept work we are doing in underside inspections and mapping (for example bridge inspection using upward-facing cameras).

I note that the configuration software appears to perscribe the sensor arrangement, however, is there a way to achieve this?  

For example; Will it be possible to re-arrange the sensors or the configuration software using SDK?

We suspect that version 2 of the guidance system will include six sensors. If this is the case we would welcome some comment from DJI.

Kind regards to all.

2015-8-21
Use props
cboxdk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261716 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

+ one on this one. We need the exact same thing.
2015-9-10
Use props
Uaviation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1632106 ft
Australia

cboxdk Posted at 2015-9-11 01:45
+ one on this one. We need the exact same thing.

Hi cboxdk
I have been through everything. I think that this is essentially "built in obsolescence" (so DJI can bring out a 6 sensor version in a few months time that people will swap to.

There may be a way utilising the SDK I suspect, but I am not going down that path just yet.

We have had success mounting the gimbal upside-down so that we can do bridge and conveyor inspections, but this requires a third party monitor as the Go DJI app will not rotate or invert the camera image - as far as I can see.

On a good note, the Matrice is proving to be an excellent developer platform.
Why are you looking to fit a top mounted sensor? are you doing inspection work? if so, here is a pic of this platform

M100 upside down gimbal

M100 upside down gimbal

Gimbal top mounted

Gimbal top mounted
2015-9-14
Use props
cboxdk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261716 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi,

Yes, i'm working on an inspection system where i need to keep an distance to the ceiling and not ground.
Ground can be seen from the pilot view, so that's no problem.

Unfortuanatly i had a DOA, so im awaiting next delivery from Hong Kong right now.
I saw some other builds where sensors was placed in a mix. Some on top and some on bottom frame.
The ground sensor mounted with double sided tape on battery compartment.
2015-9-16
Use props
rdteam11.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

Rotations and translations between 5 Guidance sensors and Guidance core are arbitrarily. Please refer to page 19 and 20 of "Guidance user manual" and make sure you understand the exact meaning of every parameters you set.
2015-9-29
Use props
thomas055
lvl.1

Netherlands

*bump* I wonder if anyone got this working? Perhaps just by changing the downward facing ultrasonic sensors and mounting them on top?
I guess the m100 uses the downward looking sensor to avoid the ground and aid the landing? Then you would surely have to reprogram the flight controller with the sdk in order for it to avoid a ceiling..
@uaviation Surely DJI is not going to enlighten us on a 6 directions sensor guidance system in the making. Why would anyone buy the current system is they are building one...
2015-12-21
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

rdteam11.dji Posted at 2015-9-29 04:23
Rotations and translations between 5 Guidance sensors and Guidance core are arbitrarily. Please refe ...

Thanks rdteam11.
I have read those pages however it's not clear whether we can do this.
Since the guidance can be used in other applications, it allows for parameter adjustments including non standard on the Matrice but the 5 sensors are still referred to by direction they normally point( front,back,left,right and down)
Need one to point up.
Would you mind explaining further ,thank you.

Cool name uaviation!!
2015-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules