Terra reconstruction error (-1)
4703 9 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt Hangar1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Im scratching my head here & wondering if anyone is either facing the same issue or better has a fix!?
So, we ran a data set yesterday, nothing huge (650 images) which ran to completion and reconstructed very well.
ffwd to this morning: We ran 2 flights yesterday, when attempting the reconstruction in terra of the second flight I received the error code (-1) which when checking the logs is actually -1073741515.

This is the strange thing I attempted to reconstruct yesterdays first flight with the same dataset & had the same error, at this point im presuming the data is fine as it reconstructed yesterday no problems.

We are running version 3.6.7 and have plenty of free disk space.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA for any info.

2023-3-28
Use props
MLA Survey
New

United States

I just purchased 3.6.7 and am experiencing the same error codes. Interesting enough, when I installed 3.6.7 Microsoft Defender alerted me of a trojan contained within the .exe - I chose to quarantine the file and when I run DJI Terra, the error codes present themselves when I attempt to process LiDAR data.

Older flight LiDAR data can still be viewed, (if already processed), but new data processing prompts the error code. In particular, when I add the directory to the data set, then try to connect the "Base Station Center Point Settings".

Looking forward to clarification/solution to the issue.
2023-3-28
Use props
Matt Hangar1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MLA Survey Posted at 3-28 16:38
I just purchased 3.6.7 and am experiencing the same error codes. Interesting enough, when I installed 3.6.7 Microsoft Defender alerted me of a trojan contained within the .exe - I chose to quarantine the file and when I run DJI Terra, the error codes present themselves when I attempt to process LiDAR data.

Older flight LiDAR data can still be viewed, (if already processed), but new data processing prompts the error code. In particular, when I add the directory to the data set, then try to connect the "Base Station Center Point Settings".

Spot on! I had not tied the 2 together @MLA Survey!! Malwarebytes kicked in on my PC yesterday and i thought nothing of it as Terra is pretty much permanently running on my machine, it MUST be that!

It will be interesting to see what DJI have to say about this as of right now I've had to upload a2.5gb data set to them for senior engineers to look at, 2-3 working day lead time *sigh
2023-3-28
Use props
Matt Hangar1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Infact here's the culprit!!

2023-3-28
Use props
MLA Survey
New

United States

Exactly - that's the same error code I encountered.
2023-3-29
Use props
powerofpictures
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm getting same error code, any news on resolving the mater ?
2023-3-29
Use props
Matt Hangar1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is my conversation with support yesterday:

Matt:
Have you seen this before?

Dji support:
It seems the software was blocked by the anti-virus software

Dji support:
You can click to trust it to use the software

Dji support:
We can guarantee the software is safe to use

Matt:
is the software clean though?

Dji support:
yes, the software is safe and DJI will not bring the risk to user's PC

Matt:
are your devs aware of this if its a false positive then this is going to cause lots of user issues?
Matt:
Trojan.CobaltStrike is a paid penetration testing product that allows an attacker to deploy an agent named 'Beacon' on the victim machine. Many cybercriminals that operate malware use the Cobalt Strike tool to drop multiple payloads after compromising a network.

Dji support:
It is not the problem of the software. We tested many feedbacks of DJI Terra and only small parts of users may meet this.

Dji support:
It also depends on the PC configuration environment and the software that they use

Dji support:
For example, if some user use the IT system environment of their company, there will be more restrictions, and office software will also report errors on our security systems

Matt:
this was detected by MS defender and i would imagine a majority of users are operating windows machines

Dji support:
Please don't worry you can trust it. We didn't mean to trust everything, but just DJI Terra

Dji support:
That is what we can confirm you, you are now in the DJI official technical support. Please rest assured

Dji support:
As we mentioned that the Microsoft official software will also trigger the error in our security system, the trigger will be different by the software and the configuration environment

Dji support:
So you did was right, to confirm it with us DJI support. Then we can confirm you please no worries about DJI Terra

System
[System Message] We haven't heard from you in a while, and the chat will end later. If your question has not been answered yet or there are any other questions, please respond to us and let us know you are still there.

Dji support:
May I confirm if it will work after trust the software?

Matt:
ok im going to read into this a little further before i allow it on our system

Dji support:
No problem, if it will not work, Maggie has already forwarded the issue to our senior engineers

Dji support:
She will get back to you after checking

Matt:
well this is obviously the issue not the data set

Dji support:
Ok, that will be the best. Or it will be more complicated if the data has the problem

Dji support:
Please kindly have the test and we will follow up to help you after your confirmation

Matt:
yes will keep you posted!

thanks & bye for now
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_31vPeglPY748
New

Turkey

Hello Matt. I have the same problem. Reconstruction error code (-1) and the logs is -1073741515. I see you have talked with the support team. Is there a solution?
2023-5-23
Use props
Matt Hangar1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_31vPeglPY748 Posted at 5-23 05:40
Hello Matt. I have the same problem. Reconstruction error code (-1) and the logs is -1073741515. I see you have talked with the support team. Is there a solution?

Hey djiuser_31vPeglPY748,

Either whitelist terra in your antivirus software (mine was windows defender) or im pretty sure this issue was ironed out in the latest terra update so make sure you are on the latest version.

Cheers & I hope this helps!
Matt
2023-5-23
Use props
Dean Cook DJC247
New

Canada

I am currently getting the following error:
Crash [C:/Program Files (x86)/DJI Product/DJI Terra/Assistant/map_gen/DJIPicMapGen.exe] exit with -1073740791.

Processing a 12GB lidar drone flight that is divided into 2 sets of data.

The reconstruction goes well until it hits 97% then I get "reconstruction error -1"
2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules