New DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware Released (12/21/2023)
12Next >
8286 46 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.12.21
  • DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.07.0000

What’s New
  • Added support to use with DJI Mini 4 Pro.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart the devices and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.09.25
  • DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.06.0000

What’s New
  • Added support to use with DJI Air 3.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart the devices and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.

Overview:
Date: 2023.09.05
DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.05.0000

What’s New
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If update fails, restart the device and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.

Overview:

Date: 2023.04.25
DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.03.0000

What’s New
Added support for the following products:
  • DJI Mavic 3 Pro (including DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine)
  • DJI Mavic 3 (including DJI Mavic 3 Cine)
  • DJI Mavic 3 Classic
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro

Notes:
If the update fails, restart the devices and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.

Overview:
  • Release Date: 2023.03.28
  • DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.01.00.00

What’s New?
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • This version contains important updates. It is recommended to update the DJI RC Motion 2
  • If the update fails, restart DJI RC Motion 2, and use DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to retry.

2023-3-28
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

New controller already shipped!! Should have it in a few days.
2023-3-29
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Updating now!!!
2023-4-2
Use props
fans7dca172f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So i got the new controller in, linked, and everything updated forward and reverse work great, joystick works as promised, but the FN dial is unresponsive? This is with the V2 Goggles and the Avata, am I missing something? Also will there be an update for the simulator to accept the motion 2 controller? Thank for the response.
2023-4-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received the MC2 today and flew three batteries. I must say that it is a very welcomed upgrade. Linking and updating were a breeze and the controller really does offer updates that make flying with a MC much better.

Thanks DJI!
2023-4-7
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Bought this new Motion controller 2 with DJI Mic (1TX+1RX)

2023-4-9
Use props
fans2f157a75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Switzerland

fans7dca172f Posted at 4-4 17:40
So i got the new controller in, linked, and everything updated forward and reverse work great, joystick works as promised, but the FN dial is unresponsive? This is with the V2 Goggles and the Avata, am I missing something? Also will there be an update for the simulator to accept the motion 2 controller? Thank for the response.

I also have the V2 Goggles and also for me the FN dial is unresponsive. I am not sure, but I am afraid this function is active on the other versions of the newer Goggles but not the V2. Please DJI address thiss issue and fix it!
2023-4-11
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any update or addressing the issue about the FN dial for V2 users?
2023-4-11
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I had a chance to call DJI customer service and according to tech support I received a faulty unit, they suggested I return it for a unit that the FN dial works. Can anyone else with V2 goggles confirm that their V2 and motion controller 2 work with the function dial?
Thank you
2023-4-12
Use props
djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW
lvl.2

Italy

Keck Outdoors Posted at 4-12 10:09
I had a chance to call DJI customer service and according to tech support I received a faulty unit, they suggested I return it for a unit that the FN dial works. Can anyone else with V2 goggles confirm that their V2 and motion controller 2 work with the function dial?
Thank you

I have same situation: Goggles V2, Avata, RC Motion 2, and the FN/wheel are totally unresponsive.
So this is a bug, because Dji says that the new RC is compatible with Goggles V2.

2023-4-15
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I will be testing another motion 2 controller and other DJI Goggles (not V2s) I will also test them against my motion 2 controller and report back later this week.
2023-4-17
Use props
fans2f157a75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Switzerland

Keck Outdoors Posted at 4-12 10:09
Thank you

Exactly the same story here with the DJI customer service. My unit works just fine, only the FN dial is useless. But it seems a common issue as far as I can see.
2023-4-18
Use props
fansa8d67475
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1663947 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2f157a75 Posted at 4-18 07:00
Exactly the same story here with the DJI customer service. My unit works just fine, only the FN dial is useless. But it seems a common issue as far as I can see.

same here - fn dial unresponsive.  controller also isnt recognised by DJI Assistant apps on pc for trying to do a firmware update/reset.
2023-4-18
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. MC 2, Avata and Goggles v2 with no working fn dial. DJI we could do with this sorting out asap please. Also can we bring back the option to rotate the MC to turn the drone.
2023-4-18
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update: after using my friends FPV Goggles 2 and my motion 2 controller the Function Dial works as it should, so it is a compatibility issue with the V2 Goggles. PLEASE DJI sort out this bug!
I also turned in a support email so it can be tracked, I encourage all V2 goggle users to do the same so that we can get this resolved through a firmware fix....

I purchased the motion 2 controller and updated to the most current firmware on both goggles and aircraft and paired the new controller with my Avata and V2 goggles. The new controller works with forward/reverse and toggle/joystick control up/down/left/right however my Function dial is not responsive on the controller. I initially contacted DJI tech support and was told my new controller was likely faulty. I have a friend who also flies the Avata but with the newer FPV Goggles 2 and I reset and paired my controller and aircraft with the newer goggles and the Function Dial works as expected.  This tells me that my controller is not faulty but rather a firmware compatibility issue with the older V2 Goggles. Please address this firmware issue so that the Motion 2 Controller works as promised with my equipment. As a sidenote I post regularly on DJI forum and have seen other customers running the same V2 goggles also having the same issue with the unresponsive function dial.

Avata Aircraft Firmware v01.03.0000
DJI V2 Goggles Firmware v01.07.0000DJI Fly Ap Version Firmware v1.9.8
2023-4-18
Use props
djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW
lvl.2

Italy

Keck Outdoors Posted at 4-18 14:59
Update: after using my friends FPV Goggles 2 and my motion 2 controller the Function Dial works as it should, so it is a compatibility issue with the V2 Goggles. PLEASE DJI sort out this bug!
I also turned in a support email so it can be tracked, I encourage all V2 goggle users to do the same so that we can get this resolved through a firmware fix....

I just wrote the same in chat assistance, hoping they solve soon.
2023-4-18
Use props
djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW
lvl.2

Italy

djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW Posted at 4-18 23:14
I just wrote the same in chat assistance, hoping they solve soon.

they answered:

"Dear Customer,

Good day!

Greetings from DJI Technical Support!

The relevant team have provided update that when used with DJI FPV Goggles V2, DJI RC Motion 2 does not support adjusting camera parameters or the gimbal tilt through the FN dial. If you have any further enquiries or clarification do not hesitate to contact us back.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email with your concerns.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a lovely day!"

It's not clear if the problem will be solved with firmware update or not!

2023-4-19
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

That sounds like DJI is not honoring their promise of what the description said "false advertisement", hopefully I'm misreading or misinterpreting and the engineers are working to fix it!
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW
lvl.2

Italy

Keck Outdoors Posted at 4-19 10:52
That sounds like DJI is not honoring their promise of what the description said "false advertisement", hopefully I'm misreading or misinterpreting and the engineers are working to fix it!

update:

Dear Customer,

Good day!

Greetings from DJI Technical Support!

For current moment DJI RC Motion 2 does not support adjusting camera parameters or the gimbal tilt through the FN dial.  Stay tuned for upcoming updates in future for more updates on the compatibility and the functions.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email with your concerns.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a lovely day!
2023-4-20
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Great news can’t wait for the update!
2023-4-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to try it out.
2023-4-21
Use props
ChiAerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope Dji can provide us an update when it comes to RC Motion 2 for FPV V2 goggles users...
2023-4-24
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

Does the Mini 3 now get to use the motion controller 2?
2023-4-25
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this fix the Avata always wanting to lean? This is one leaning drone almost can’t stand to fly it.  Even after calibration of everything it likes to fly at a sideways angle.  In the recorded video it’s better due to horizon level but wow in the goggles I feel like I’m flying sideways all the time.
2023-4-25
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The update makes no mention of V2 goggle support with the Function Dial, my equipment is home currently but I'm hoping you addressed the consumers with the V2s?
2023-4-26
Use props
djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW
lvl.2

Italy

Keck Outdoors Posted at 4-26 05:33
The update makes no mention of V2 goggle support with the Function Dial, my equipment is home currently but I'm hoping you addressed the consumers with the V2s?

updated, nothing changes with goggles V2
2023-4-26
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I can also confirm that the (2023.04.25 DJI RC Motion 2 Firmware: v01.03.0000) update has done nothing for my V2 Goggle and Motion 2 Controller Function dial issue. We are almost at a month with no resolution to this issue, come on DJI engineers????
2023-4-27
Use props
Dockharris
lvl.1

United States

fans7dca172f Posted at 4-4 17:40

Mine is the same sent it back they sent a new one and it doesn’t work either. What have they said about it to you?
2023-4-27
Use props
Dockharris
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_AXuIPyE3nNtW Posted at 4-20 10:09
update:

Dear Customer,

I sent the first motion 2 back and they sent me a new one and it didn’t work either so now they want me to send the second one back to but what I just read here it want do any good to send it back so what do I do?
2023-4-27
Use props
Keck Outdoors
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dockharris Posted at 4-27 10:53
I sent the first motion 2 back and they sent me a new one and it didn’t work either so now they want me to send the second one back to but what I just read here it want do any good to send it back so what do I do?

Typical response hoping you will resign to the fact its the controller not the firmware, all V2 goggle owners really need to band together and push the issue that the firmware needs to be fixed. I didn't send my controller in because I tested it with the newer goggles and it did work. Keep this this going and DJI will get tired of us complaining and do something about it!
2023-4-27
Use props
Johmic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 196955 ft
Greece

New RC motion 2 user here. Also i want to confirm the compatibility issue with Goggles V2 and FN dial button. Please fix it ASAP....
2023-4-29
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I understand that everything is fully functional with Goggles 2?
2023-4-29
Use props
Dronixy83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441056 ft
Australia

Thanks for sharing
2023-4-29
Use props
Williamsplace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46030 ft
United Kingdom

Ross14 Posted at 4-29 14:15
I understand that everything is fully functional with Goggles 2?

Yes as far as a short test yesterday, the only limitation I have found so far is you must re-link the MC2 with the Avata after linking with another AC it seams it can only keep the link with one AC.
2023-4-30
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

This means constantly pairing the controller between two drones, it's not very convenient...
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dockharris Posted at 4-27 10:53
I sent the first motion 2 back and they sent me a new one and it didn’t work either so now they want me to send the second one back to but what I just read here it want do any good to send it back so what do I do?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have created a case to send the RC Motion 2 back?
2023-5-1
Use props
Williamsplace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46030 ft
United Kingdom

Williamsplace Posted at 4-30 04:51
Yes as far as a short test yesterday, the only limitation I have found so far is you must re-link the MC2 with the Avata after linking with another AC it seams it can only keep the link with one AC.

When re-linking with another AC it advises that the RC is no longer bound to the AC, so the binding is also changed. However it also says it will give you 5 flights before the binding must be changed back, so this should give you five flights with either controler, before the binding must be changed.
2023-5-1
Use props
fans6276c9cd
lvl.1
Turkey

What about dji virtual flight app ?
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_Wh3wqm7xF1c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660180 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. I'm planning to buy dji avata, and as I already own dji mini 3 Pro. Are these googles and motion controller will be compatible with dji mini 3 Pro? Thanks.
2023-5-16
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Just received my motion controller 2 and link it it to my avata and integra goggles. Everything linked and updated with no issues but it did not ask to activate the motion controller 2 .
2023-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules