Timelapse/Motionlapse Issues
1451 6 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_p1SCTjTSNS3v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96535 ft
United Kingdom

I use my OM5 with the Sony Xperia 1 III but lately I've been experiencing issues when attempting Timelapse/Motionlapse:

1. I recieve a ''Phone Not Mounted'' prompt when the phone is mounted initially
2. The camera constantly attempts to focus over a few seconds while the gimbal is initialising
3. When the camera does eventually focus, the gimbal begins movement without recording and then crashes while displaying ''System Error. Restarting Camera Required''

Photo, Video and Hyperlapse are seemingly unaffected.

Both the Mimo app and OS are updated to the most recent versions.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Thanks
Ciaran
2023-3-28
Use props
CiaranW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Error Message:
Screenshot_20230328-165258.png
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. This mobile phone is not listed on our recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM5. Being said, you will experience some unknown issues as we haven't tested the device yet on the said unit and we cannot guarantee stability. Also, DJI MIMO has not been compatible with this mobile phone. When you use the mobile phone together with DJI MIMO, the main impact of software compatibility on performance cannot be determined. We highly recommend using a compatible device to avoid issues. You may refer to the link below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/support/osmo-mobile-compatibility
2023-3-28
Use props
CiaranW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply.

This feature has worked absolutely fine on my device for the past 9 months, so what has changed?

It's disappointing to see this being blamed on an "incompatible device" when the same excuse has been given for other manufacturers' flagship devices with up to date OS etc.

The OM5 is ultimately a complete waste of money if this feature will no longer work.
2023-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Have you updated the Mimo app or your Android recently? If so, it has been known to occasionally leave some compatible phones out. If possible, see if you can locate an earlier version of the Mimo app. Not sure if it's possible or wise to downgrade Android though.
2023-3-29
Use props
CiaranW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-29 11:48
Have you updated the Mimo app or your Android recently? If so, it has been known to occasionally leave some compatible phones out. If possible, see if you can locate an earlier version of the Mimo app. Not sure if it's possible or wise to downgrade Android though.

I updated both last week. I've since downloaded Mimo 1.8.4 and the problem seems to have gone.

It's disappointing that I have to rely on older versions from third parties but it's working now. Hopefully DJI can address this quickly.

Thanks.
2023-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

CiaranW Posted at 4-3 08:02
I updated both last week. I've since downloaded Mimo 1.8.4 and the problem seems to have gone.

It's disappointing that I have to rely on older versions from third parties but it's working now. Hopefully DJI can address this quickly.

Glad to hear you worked it out. And we'll hope DJI gets it updated soon.
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules