2401 8 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mavic Mini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2423402 ft
Germany

Hi guys,
I have a problem. I recently had to replace one of my DJI Mini 3 Pros propellers, and during the process the screw driver stripped the screw (see attached photo). I the tried cutting of the prop to remove the screw, which didn't work, and now I can't remove the rest of the props and screw.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
1680028393665271007523090675875.jpg
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-28
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

Tips to fix-

Check for Visible Obstructions or Debris.
Check the Batteries.
Check Remote or Transmitter Connectivity.
Check the Gyros Initialization.
Check the Propellers and Propeller Shafts.
Check for External and Internal Damaged Wires.
Check the Motors' Functions.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-3-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RachelGomez Posted at 3-30 00:03
Tips to fix-

Check for Visible Obstructions or Debris.

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions is going to help him get the sheared-off remains of the screw out of the hole.
2023-3-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh dear, what a mess. Getting the sheared-off shank of the screw out of the hole could be a nightmare.  I don't know if a tap-and die set small enough would be available.  I read somewhere on the forum that heating it with the tip of a soldering iron might soften the loctite sufficiently to loosen the shank, but there still remains the problem of getting it out of the hole.  In the long run, it may be best to send in in to DJI for repair.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Mavic Mini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2423402 ft
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 3-30 12:19
Oh dear, what a mess. Getting the sheared-off shank of the screw out of the hole could be a nightmare.  I don't know if a tap-and die set small enough would be available.  I read somewhere on the forum that heating it with the tip of a soldering iron might soften the loctite sufficiently to loosen the shank, but there still remains the problem of getting it out of the hole.  In the long run, it may be best to send in in to DJI for repair.

Yeah, ended up sending it in. Sadly the mini 3 pro lacks quick release props like the air2s, and the included screwdriver isn't that good.
2023-3-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mavic Mini Posted at 3-31 06:39
Yeah, ended up sending it in. Sadly the mini 3 pro lacks quick release props like the air2s, and the included screwdriver isn't that good.

It is a problem. The screwdriver provided isn't up to the task.
2023-3-31
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

What about a small 'ease out' tool. It turns counter clockwise and maybe will turn screw body. Failing that, off to Dji for manufacturer's repair.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_AevsrYHfvSpw
lvl.1
Australia

1)  The supplied screw driver is rubbish. 2)  The key to removing the screws is that you need to push down quite firmly whilst turning counter clockwise. Otherwise you'll strip /burr the screw head. 3)   Additionally the screws are over tightened.   All of those 3 factors leads to the screws heads being stripped.  
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules