Help with interval and waypoint Hlapse video length
565 3 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been covered before but I am having inconsistencies when filming waypoint hyperlapses with my 2S.  At night with a 2-second shutter speed, the only interval options that I get are 4, 5, and 6 seconds (I understand why 4 is the minimum interval with this shutter speed) and only like 4, 5 and 6 second total video length.  I am using 3-4 waypoints and the rotation angle is always "good." If I speed up the shutter speed at night, I get a few more options.  During the day with a 2-second (and far faster) shutter speed I can select from a wide range of intervals and total video lengths raning up to about 30 seconds.  My 2S and controller are using the latest firmware.  Any ideas why the night hyperlapse filming options are so limited? Thanks.

2023-3-28
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

The video length in waypoint hyperlapse videos is dependent on the total distance covered during the flight, it has a set minimum speed it can go and so if you don't have enough distance between the beginning and end waypoints the available lengths will be limited.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_Kodxnl95FH2X
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 3-28 14:23
The video length in waypoint hyperlapse videos is dependent on the total distance covered during the flight, it has a set minimum speed it can go and so if you don't have enough distance between the beginning and end waypoints the available lengths will be limited.

Many thanks.  I'll try it again using longer distances but that was one of my first trouble shooting attempts and even with a long total distance, I was limited to only 3 total length options with a 2-second shutter speed.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This is normal. In Motionlapse mode, the shooting duration is calculated by the aircraft algorithm based on the track length, track angle change, and shooting interval. Based on estimation results, if the set track length is short and the changing angle is small, the optional range for video duration will be narrowed.

If a longer Hyperlapse video is desired, we recommend that you add the entire track length and increase the angle range of the camera lens. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules