Now also with me --- a broken antenna...
3920 53 2023-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 4-7 10:35
No, I guess if you would glue it at the base with some epoxy resin it would be OK. But the point for me is, that a almost new and very pricey RC is getting damaged only because of some bad material. For a 1.000 Euro remote I do expect a bit more. A tiny bit.

... that absolutely meets my feelings.  
Maybe we are too "sensitive"...?  
But, at this price you want to have bought good quality...
2023-4-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

MHM Posted at 4-7 09:47
Is this little crack really that big of an issue, does it effect any issues in performance ? I have had my RC pro for about 1-year and I see no cracks, or perhaps there just  to small for me to notice.  If it works why fix it. This does not seem like a major issue unless the antenna cover is falling off ?

You could glue it on, but then you can never change it again if there is some other defect...

... and yes, if it has this crack, then this plastic part can also fall off because it really isn't fixed anymore!
2023-4-7
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same issue, same spot, just noticed the left antenna has a crack in it...
2023-8-19
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Dji, RC Pro cracked antenna 9/10 months old so still under warranty, is it still not possible to get these sent out from you?

Regards.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Grimtheviking Posted at 8-19 11:45
Hi Dji, RC Pro cracked antenna 9/10 months old so still under warranty, is it still not possible to get these sent out from you?

Regards.

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. You may contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to send the RC to us. Rest assured that we will provide warranty service depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of the unit. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-8-31
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, mine's been cracked as well for quite some time. Must be a weak point.
2023-9-14
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 4-7 09:47
Is this little crack really that big of an issue, does it effect any issues in performance ? I have had my RC pro for about 1-year and I see no cracks, or perhaps there just  to small for me to notice.  If it works why fix it. This does not seem like a major issue unless the antenna cover is falling off ?

For me, it's not a big deal yet but every time I open each antenna for flight, I have to push down on the left antenna until it "clicks". I can see it eventually just dangling without it clicking in place anymore
2023-9-14
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Netherlands

Here is my way to solve this issue:

2023-10-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

mileshkin Posted at 10-8 05:33
Here is my way to solve this issue:
[view_image]
[view_image]

... great idea!   
2023-10-8
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

This topic forced me to check the antennas. They are fine so far. What I can't do is lock them together, I don't know how (I'm probably very clumsy). I feel that I would do more harm than good to them with this manipulation.

Nothing presses down on the RC in the case, and at the same time it is in a fixed position without unwanted movement, the upper lid of the case is lined with foam, which softly covers the entire equipment of the drone, including the machine itself.

2023-10-10
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Netherlands

Ross14 Posted at 10-10 21:52
This topic forced me to check the antennas. They are fine so far. What I can't do is lock them together, I don't know how (I'm probably very clumsy). I feel that I would do more harm than good to them with this manipulation.

[view_image]

Sorry, but has this ever alarmed you?

The antenna cap is simply not pushed all the way. Insert it all the way and everything will work as expected.
2023-10-14
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

mileshkin Posted at 10-14 00:50
Sorry, but has this ever alarmed you?
[view_image]
The antenna cap is simply not pushed all the way. Insert it all the way and everything will work as expected.

I understand now, I didn't notice the extended antenna, I'm very inattentive. The truth is that I had to push really hard to get the antenna to sit. Thank you for the enlightenment and I apologize for my stupidity.

2023-10-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Ross14 Posted at 10-14 11:28
I understand now, I didn't notice the extended antenna, I'm very inattentive. The truth is that I had to push really hard to get the antenna to sit. Thank you for the enlightenment and I apologize for my stupidity.  

[view_image]

Do not push the antenna down to lock them together for storage. Slide them together from the front.
2023-10-14
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-14 11:43
Do not push the antenna down to lock them together for storage. Slide them together from the front.

Thanks for the advice!
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules