Now also with me --- a broken antenna...
12Next >
3844 53 2023-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After the winter break, I wanted to slowly bring everything back into shape (updates, charging batteries, ...)...

And then I see this (see pictures below):

Picture 1:  the crack

Picture 2:  the "plastic cap" can be easily removed

Pictute 3:  you could actually replace them yourself if you could get the "spare part"

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Franky. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we don't have the said spare parts for your DJI RC Pro available on our store website. You may consider sending an email to support@dji.com to see if we can provide the said part. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2023-3-29
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 04:02
Hi there, Franky. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we don't have the said spare parts for your DJI RC Pro available on our store website. You may consider sending an email to  to see if we can provide the said part. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.

I’m probably going to need a spare part too.  My RC Pro antenna plastic is starting to crack at literally the exact same spot as his.   I bought my RC Pro new in December of 2022 directly from DJI web store.
2023-3-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow!  That sucks.   I have no doubt you handle the controller carefully and this should not be happening.  
2023-3-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 04:02
Hi there, Franky. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we don't have the said spare parts for your DJI RC Pro available on our store website. You may consider sending an email to  to see if we can provide the said part. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.

Cloud City drones has the left and right antennas!  time to grab some extras!
2023-3-29
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Five minute epoxy...10 bucks...problem solved.
2023-3-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 3-29 20:24
Five minute epoxy...10 bucks...problem solved.

Maybe for of few weeks, but then... ????   
2023-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As a preventative measure, and not ideal ....... how about whipping the base of the antennae with a strong thread, like whipping an eye to a fishing rod, and then smearing the whipping with epoxy? It might even work as a repair for a cracked antennae.
2023-3-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-29 22:52
As a preventative measure, and not ideal ....... how about whipping the base of the antennae with a strong thread, like whipping an eye to a fishing rod, and then smearing the whipping with epoxy? It might even work as a repair for a cracked antennae.

... in the long run you will have to think about something, because you will only get a free repair (from DJI) during the first two years at most.
But these plastic covers will break again and again...   
2023-3-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Maybe an opportunity for an aftermarket enhancement?  Anyways, I was able to order the left (short) and right (long) antennas for $12 each from Cloud City Drones and they are already being shipped.  I plan on having a few spares for the inevitable cracks.
2023-3-30
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

How did this happen? I am thinking to get the RC Pro but not if this breaks itself without user error.
2023-3-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

dreamtuner Posted at 3-30 07:30
How did this happen? I am thinking to get the RC Pro but not if this breaks itself without user error.

I have to be honest:
I'm always very careful with it!
I've seen a lot of pictures where the left antenna always broke in the same place!!!   
2023-3-30
Use props
CRAIGMART75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-30 06:57
Maybe an opportunity for an aftermarket enhancement?  Anyways, I was able to order the left (short) and right (long) antennas for $12 each from Cloud City Drones and they are already being shipped.  I plan on having a few spares for the inevitable cracks.

Do you have a link for the Antennas on the website ?
2023-3-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The cause is apparent. The antenna case is too tight a fit on the stub. The plastic used has little to no flex. Lightly sand the ribs front and rear until the case pushes on with light resistance. Carefully spread the crack apart and apply a small amount of Super Glue with a toothpick before reinstalling.
2023-3-30
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-30 16:37
The cause is apparent. The antenna case is too tight a fit on the stub. The plastic used has little to no flex. Lightly sand the ribs front and rear until the case pushes on with light resistance. Carefully spread the crack apart and apply a small amount of Super Glue with a toothpick before reinstalling.

Thank you for your comments!
I see the reason just like you do!!!
I recently sent in the DJI RC Pro for repairs because there is a 2-year guarantee...
However, it will happen again - in a year at the latest - the crack...
If DJI does not change the construction and / or the material used here, sooner or later this problem will hit every user...   
2023-3-30
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

The correct behavior from DJI is to manufacture a new cap of suitable material and send it to all of us like they sent the C1 labels.
Sooner or later, we will all face this problem. At this price, it's disappointing.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DroneApe Posted at 3-29 12:29
I’m probably going to need a spare part too.  My RC Pro antenna plastic is starting to crack at literally the exact same spot as his.   I bought my RC Pro new in December of 2022 directly from DJI web store.

Hi, you may contact our team directly at support@dji.com to possibly purchase the said parts on your RC Pro, there is no assurance but you can give it a try. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-29 17:20
Cloud City drones has the left and right antennas!  time to grab some extras!

Hello, Tony. We appreciate you for sharing this information. This will help our fellow DJI Pilots that currently looking for the said antenna cover. Thank you and happy flying always!
2023-3-31
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My RC PRO right now is under repair for same crack. I also expect this to be a regular failure. You might repair it over and over again until the part gets an overhaul, problably using a less brittle material.
I will see if I can get hands on some spare parts and try to glue an uncracked part with 2-component-epoxy resin. Shame that on an expensive RC like this the materials are so cheap.
2023-3-31
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 3-31 03:27
My RC PRO right now is under repair for same crack. I also expect this to be a regular failure. You might repair it over and over again until the part gets an overhaul, problably using a less brittle material.
I will see if I can get hands on some spare parts and try to glue an uncracked part with 2-component-epoxy resin. Shame that on an expensive RC like this the materials are so cheap.

Hi SeehawerB,

I agree with you 100%!
My RC Pro is now on its way to Hungary (for repairs)...
What a hassle!
I would have liked to have fitted a (new) cap myself. The part certainly costs no more than a few cents. But, DJI cannot provide a replacement part. A pity...

If you have any (new) experiences, please let us know!
Unless better material is used for new spare parts, we (all) will have the problem again and again...
2023-3-31
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

frankymusik Posted at 3-30 10:39
I have to be honest:
I'm always very careful with it!
I've seen a lot of pictures where the left antenna always broke in the same place!!!

Thank you for the update. For the price tag, it comes with an inferior design and material I guess, I am scared now. DJI should take it into serious consideration as KokoFresha suggested.
2023-3-31
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

Also, Can I use your images to make a post on the official facebook page of DJI? I have seen some of their staffs comment and help on important issues sooner than forums there.
2023-3-31
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

dreamtuner Posted at 3-31 07:41
Also, Can I use your images to make a post on the official facebook page of DJI? I have seen some of their staffs comment and help on important issues sooner than forums there.

Of course, you can...     
2023-3-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Glad you have brought some attention to this.  All of us with RC Pro's and RC Pro's Enterprise should take note.
2023-3-31
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 3-31 05:06
Hi SeehawerB,

I agree with you 100%!

I wrote an e-Mail to support@dji.com on thursday:
Hello,

The left antennna housing of the DJI RC PRO does crack apart on a
regular basis. My own RC PRO right now is under repair in hungary,
expecting it back here around next week. I am deeply concerned
about this issue und ephasize to redesign this part machanically
or change the material to a less brittle on.
Question:
Can I get the (left & right) antenna housings only as spare

parts from DJI?
If yes I would order 3 each and put them on my shelf.

The complete antennas I can only find in the US right now for $12
each. Problem is the shipping fee that is some $80 to germany.

It would be great if you had a solution for this issue and could
deliver me some spare antenna housings.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

I hope there will be an answer other than 'if your rc is faulty you may send it back for repair'.
This failure has to be addressed back to the the drawing board.

2023-4-1
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 4-1 05:26
I wrote an e-Mail to support@dji.com on thursday:
Hello,

Your email ends up with the German DJI support team.  
Unfortunately they can't help, they don't have any spare parts, too bad...   

But hopefully they really pass this on to DJI development, because the problem won't solve itself...   
2023-4-1
Use props
Drey. I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sucks. I’ll watch out on my rc pro.
2023-4-4
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Got my repair case back today. They sent a different, probably new remote. At least from the outside it is new, even the display was sealed with a protective sticker.
2023-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 4-4 05:46
Got my repair case back today. They sent a different, probably new remote. At least from the outside it is new, even the display was sealed with a protective sticker.

... new S/N too...?
I think so...

My RC Pro is "under repair" actually...
2023-4-4
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, new S/N
2023-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

My actual status:

Status from DJI Repair Center

Status from DJI Repair Center
2023-4-4
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

(German) support answered my mail inquiry: they do not provide this as a spare part, but I may let them repair it for me (paying for it).

That's grand, DJI, really.
2023-4-6
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 4-6 03:43
(German) support answered my mail inquiry: they do not provide this as a spare part, but I may let them repair it for me (paying for it).

That's grand, DJI, really.

Hi SeehawerB,
I have now got my DJI RC Pro back. Sent in Hungary yesterday evening, arrived here in Germany this morning and delivered immediately with DHL Express...
My RC Pro was also "exchanged", maybe for a new one, maybe refurbed, I don't know...
Unbelievable, this effort, instead of replacing a "small plastic part"...
They probably don't have any spare parts there either, they just have to send another device back...
What a hassle!
However, the RC Pro box used has a different serial number than the controller itself.
So it doesn't really match what was sent there.
Such a "screen protector" was also stuck on the RC Pro, so similar to yours...
The hope was that they might ship a newer production RC Pro that might have used "better plastic"...
... but I don't think so anymore either.
The screen protector film that I put on is of course no longer available.
The protector (white "paper") is only for protection during transport...
So I have to get a new screen protector...
Additional effort (and costs of course!).

And:
My waypoint missions are of course also "lost"...
There is / was no way to archive them beforehand...

All in all:
I am sad that the defective plastic part could not be replaced. That's really a pity...

2023-4-6
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Bangladesh

Another user report from the DJI facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/7122979851050416/
2023-4-6
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I got my RC back in my original box carrying the old S/N. That's absolutely OK for me. I also did mount a new screen protector film from Brotec:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Had ordered 6 pieces last october so I still had some on the shelf. They do not cost much, no problem with that either.
2023-4-6
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 4-6 10:14
I got my RC back in my original box carrying the old S/N. That's absolutely OK for me. I also did mount a new screen protector film from Brotec:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MCJDZ3N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Had ordered 6 pieces last october so I still had some on the shelf. They do not cost much, no problem with that either.

... I am of course glad that you are satisfied so far.  
But I still think that DJI doesn't have these small repairs under control.  
Too much effort for this inferior plastic part...
Hopefully this defect will not happen again soon...
2023-4-6
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

When this defect appeared, I would not send RC Pro for repair. The reasons are as follows:
1. I will be without RC Pro indefinitely.
2. I will lose my DRONE HACKS license if it is changed.
2023-4-7
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

... yes, that too!
2023-4-7
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

Is this little crack really that big of an issue, does it effect any issues in performance ? I have had my RC pro for about 1-year and I see no cracks, or perhaps there just  to small for me to notice.  If it works why fix it. This does not seem like a major issue unless the antenna cover is falling off ?
2023-4-7
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

No, I guess if you would glue it at the base with some epoxy resin it would be OK. But the point for me is, that a almost new and very pricey RC is getting damaged only because of some bad material. For a 1.000 Euro remote I do expect a bit more. A tiny bit.
2023-4-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules