Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flysafe update fails at 40% - Air 2
4215 8 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hello,
3 days ago I received a FlySafe update in DJI Fly, now I'm trying to update it, but it seems to fail every time I try, usually around 40-50%.

It goes to about 40% then the controller seems to blink like it's disconnected from the controller, but the drone's lights indicate that they are still connected.
Then it just says "update failed". If I go to the camera view there is no life feed until I restart my drone and controller.

Tried multiple times already.
Is this a broken flysafe update or what?
2023-3-30
Use props
K9JDN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here.  Wondering myself.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Yaros1 and K9JDN. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please restart and link the drone and make sure the app is the latest. It is suggested to try uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly App please use download it from our official website only
(https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly). Please note that this will not remove your license, but it will be likely to remove the preset settings, thus please save the important data in advance. Then try to update again. It is recommended to use another network. If the Wi-Fi connection does not work, use a mobile network. If the issue persists, please use DJI Assistant 2 to update it. Please keep us posted.
2023-3-30
Use props
NanoxDJI
New

United States

Make sure when using DJI Assistant 2 you don't have firewalls, VPNs or antivirus blocking incoming connections to the app. It took me a while to realize this my problem to let the new updates to show up.
2023-10-14
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

NanoxDJI Posted at 10-14 14:34
Make sure when using DJI Assistant 2 you don't have firewalls, VPNs or antivirus blocking incoming connections to the app. It took me a while to realize this my problem to let the new updates to show up.

Yup, that can also happen. But this issue specifically was resolved a long time ago as it was an issue with DJI Servers. I can mark this as solved, if anyone has this issue, update your Fly app and try to download updates from there.
2023-10-16
Use props
fans42215639
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi have the same issue with mine.
I just purchased the Mavic 3 pro fly more kit with the DJI pro remote and all updates seem to fail. System updates fail and fly gets to.40% and fails. Really annoying after paying that much money .
I cant uninstall and reinstall the app as the remote wont let me.
What advice have you got
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans42215639 Posted at 10-18 15:22
Hi have the same issue with mine.
I just purchased the Mavic 3 pro fly more kit with the DJI pro remote and all updates seem to fail. System updates fail and fly gets to.40% and fails. Really annoying after paying that much money .
I cant uninstall and reinstall the app as the remote wont let me.

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Before updating, please ensure that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50%. Try to reboot the aircraft and RC and redo the update. If it still fails try using a different phone like switching an iOS device to an Android device. You can also update the drone and RC by using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it to your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series Have a great day.
2023-10-25
Use props
SA Fox Mulder
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue today. My controller and drone battery are above 90% currently. Update fails repeatedly at 40%.

The problem identifies a server error and tells me to try again.
Re-booting does not fix the error.

I am using the RC Pro remote which came with my bundle.

I am the only owner.

FIX:

I downloaded the DJI Assistant linked above to my Macbook, connected my RC Pro controller, and selected 'upgrade' from the menu which then updated my RC firmware.

After updating my RC Pro firmware all other updates worked with no issues.

For some reason, the RC Pro firmware update was not offered/did not take when connected over wifi alone. This required a wired connection to a computer with 'DJI assistant' app (linked above) installed to remedy.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks

2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SA Fox Mulder Posted at 11-7 14:56
I am having the same issue today. My controller and drone battery are above 90% currently. Update fails repeatedly at 40%.

The problem identifies a server error and tells me to try again.

Awesome. I'm glad you successfully updated yours. Sharing this will help the other users. Please reach out to us if you will need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules