This is the best Audio Solution i could find.
2708 45 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

AZ_DesertRat Posted at 5-18 13:34
Greetings!

As an electrical engineer, I wish I could agree with your assessment about the differences between the circuity in TRRS vs TRS cables, but I simply can't.

? so you can only buy local ? that ends you ramblengling, right there.

Now you try to tell me, that the usb c trrs, there was made, after the mobile devices(lost mini jack), aka phones, is not is made for urban environment, So they so not filter out "some" noise, like, traffic, background noise, ? as they are ? and is designed for. aka, using facetime, or phone calls ? aka, speech enhancer.
There for, im saying, for motor vlogging, this can work in helmet.
I'm pointing out, that, try that, and wait wasting 200$+ on other wireless system.
I'm also pointing out, that a mini jack-headphone-trs-volume-control can take the heat, "input" with boya k4 but that's not right too ? or.
This is no hollywood movie team at work, this is action cams, downhill, or on a skateboard, or riding a horse, so on.
Simple solution is a must. If you do not understand this, well, you a no action cam user.
2023-5-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I compared the Rode Lavalier II and Sennheiser ME2 going through the Boya adapter. The Rode is significantly louder and I set gain to -12dB to get it down, but the Sennheiser worked fine at 0dB. I know that the Rode is a sensitive mic but have never noticed this much difference on other cameras.

I still wonder whether there is a problem with the input impedance of the camera/adapter combination which can give wildly different results with different microphones because of an electrical mismatch.
2023-5-21
Use props
AZ_DesertRat
lvl.2
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 5-21 00:33
I compared the Rode Lavalier II and Sennheiser ME2 going through the Boya adapter. The Rode is significantly louder and I set gain to -12dB to get it down, but the Sennheiser worked fine at 0dB. I know that the Rode is a sensitive mic but have never noticed this much difference on other cameras.

I still wonder whether there is a problem with the input impedance of the camera/adapter combination which can give wildly different results with different microphones because of an electrical mismatch.

Certainly seems to be quite possible regarding an impedance mismatch with various system components.
2023-5-21
Use props
Andreas Dück
Second Officer
Switzerland

Iancraig10 Posted at 5-21 00:33
I compared the Rode Lavalier II and Sennheiser ME2 going through the Boya adapter. The Rode is significantly louder and I set gain to -12dB to get it down, but the Sennheiser worked fine at 0dB. I know that the Rode is a sensitive mic but have never noticed this much difference on other cameras.

I've seen the biggest differences in the power supply to the mic. With the BOYA BY-K4 it's 3.2 volts and with the Samsung or any other adapter that worked fine for me it's 2.3 volts. (Voltage measured without microphone.)
2023-5-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s interesting that the usb adapters aren’t consistent with the voltage. Some lavaliers might well not work properly down at 2.3V. I think minimum for most might be 2.5V.
2023-5-21
Use props
Andreas Dück
Second Officer
Switzerland

Iancraig10 Posted at 5-21 08:14
It’s interesting that the usb adapters aren’t consistent with the voltage. Some lavaliers might well not work properly down at 2.3V. I think minimum for most might be 2.5V.

I was only able to test the voltage without a microphone, with the microphone connected and the associated resistance, these values ​​may change. But it's a hint.
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules