Do Goggles V2 need 2.4 GHz antennas to work properly with DJI Avata?
1188 4 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PioHosT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Poland

My question: Do Goggles V2 need 2.4 GHz antennas to work properly with DJI Avata? (currently I am using Crystal HD 5.8Ghz patch and stubby antennas)
Avata in 2.4GHz is RX only.

My suspicions:
Probably yes, camera settings, rth settings etc. are sent on 2.4GHz from the goggles to Avata.

Can anyone confirm this?

2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PioHosT. Thank you for reaching out. When the DJI Avata image transmission frequency is in automatic mode, DJI Avata can automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz when receiving signals during flight. The transmission signal only uses 5.8 GHz, which cannot be used in some countries that restrict 5.8 GHz.

In Manual mode, the default frequency is 5.8G, which cannot be switched.

Hope this helps.
2023-3-30
Use props
PioHosT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-30 19:12
Hi, PioHosT. Thank you for reaching out. When the DJI Avata image transmission frequency is in automatic mode, DJI Avata can automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz when receiving signals during flight. The transmission signal only uses 5.8 GHz, which cannot be used in some countries that restrict 5.8 GHz.

In Manual mode, the default frequency is 5.8G, which cannot be switched.

Hi DJI Gamora,
Are you sure?

From DJI AVATA specs https://www.dji.com/pl/avata/specs :
Video Transmission
Communication Frequency
2.400-2.4835 GHz (RX only)
5.725-5.850 GHz (RX and TX) [4]

2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PioHosT Posted at 3-31 05:16
Hi DJI Gamora,
Are you sure?

Hi, PioHosT. Since you are using a 3rd party accessory that] is not tested, we won't be able to confirm this. Please use the supported goggles to verify if it is working correctly. Thank you for your kind understanding.

2023-4-2
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

PioHosT, you have signal improvement with iflight patch vs stock antenna with the Avata?
3-21 12:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules