Locked out
2193 18 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Triplog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108481 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I've just picked up my new Action 3. Stupidly I bypassed the Activate screen 5 times (Mimo app won't work on my phone) and now I'm locked out with the WiFi not turned on. I have the app now working on an older phone but can't get it activated as the WiFi is off. How can i reset it back yo the fairy state.  Can anyone help please?

2023-3-30
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry that should be FACTORY state!
2023-3-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

contact DJI here, they   orthrough the app good luck hate being locked out on a newly purchase device,they can only reset it or can they
2023-3-30
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

"...contact DJI here..."
I believe that's what he just did.
2023-3-30
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 3-30 17:05
"...contact DJI here..."
I believe that's what he just did.

Yes,  I've posted on here hoping sometime from dji will come back to me.  I'll try the online chat today and see if I can resolve the issue.  Have the original Osmo Action for a while now and love it,  hence buying the new 3.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Triplog. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please verify which device are you pertaining to with Wi-Fi being off? For activation, please follow this video (Please start at 2:45):

1. Make sure that DJI Mimo is the latest version, please reinstall the DJI Mimo from the DJI Websitehttps://www.dji.com/au/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo).
2. Check if the mobile device already authorizes all permissions, like location and GPS for this App.
3. Please hard reset the mobile device.
4. Please replace the other mobile device to have a try.

To reset Osmo Action 3: Slide down the main image transmission page, and select Settings>Factory Reset.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-3-30
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-30 20:39
Hi, Triplog. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please verify which device are you pertaining to with Wi-Fi being off? For activation, please follow this video (Please start at 2:45):

https://youtu.be/SZKLLG4OYR8?t=167
Hi, thanks for the reply.  I've downloaded the Mimo app on an older phone and it's working (wouldn't work on my Samsung Note 10). The Action 3 is locked (5 Activation tries were bypassed as originally stated) so I can't get at the settings page until the device is activated. Bluetooth on my phone sees the Osmo but won't connect and WiFi doesn't see it.  Any idea how I get past the locked Activation screen?
Thanks
2023-3-30
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Triplog Posted at 3-30 20:52
Hi, thanks for the reply.  I've downloaded the Mimo app on an older phone and it's working (wouldn't work on my Samsung Note 10). The Action 3 is locked (5 Activation tries were bypassed as originally stated) so I can't get at the settings page until the device is activated. Bluetooth on my phone sees the Osmo but won't connect and WiFi doesn't see it.  Any idea how I get past the locked Activation screen?
Thanks

OK so here's the weird thing! As a last attempt I tried the Mimo app on my phone (Samsung Note10), which refused to work up until now! Magically it opened and connected straight away! The older phone where
the app always opened still wouldn't connect.
Anyway, I'm up and running and currently downloading the latest firmware!
Yaaaaay!
2023-3-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Triplog Posted at 3-30 22:32
OK so here's the weird thing! As a last attempt I tried the Mimo app on my phone (Samsung Note10), which refused to work up until now! Magically it opened and connected straight away! The older phone where

Great, happy recording!
2023-3-30
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 3-30 23:37
Great, happy recording!

Looking forward to it.  Been using the original Action since it was released and for me,  its way better and more reliable than Gopros. (The only problem I've ever had was corrupt files caused by buying a non oem battery!)

Thanks
2023-3-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad to hear. always a video wit hDJI but they pulled through good luck and have fun
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Triplog Posted at 3-30 22:32
OK so here's the weird thing! As a last attempt I tried the Mimo app on my phone (Samsung Note10), which refused to work up until now! Magically it opened and connected straight away! The older phone where

Hi, Triplog. Glad to read that it is activated now. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-3-31
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-31 21:48
Hi, Triplog. Glad to read that it is activated now. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!

So does this mean that even after five starts without activating, you can still magically link to it if you have a phone that the action 3 talks to?
This activate or get locked out of your own camera policy needs revising.
It would be reasonable to require activation for updates and it is more reasonable for drones but for a basic camera?
Heavy handed authoritarian approach.
Not everyone is comfortable with complicated smartphone apps to start with.
You shouldn't be enforcing it with an app which won't even reliably link to various phones.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

4wd Posted at 3-31 23:38
So does this mean that even after five starts without activating, you can still magically link to it if you have a phone that the action 3 talks to?
It would be reasonable to require activation for updates and it is more reasonable for drones but for a basic camera?

Hi, 4wd. DJI provides five chances for users to try on Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 without activating the device. You should still be able to activate the device after that. Note that if you connect Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 to the DJI Mimo app before activation, you have to activate it for further use with the app. Hope this helps.  
2023-3-31
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-31 23:48
Hi, 4wd. DJI provides five chances for users to try on Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 without activating the device. You should still be able to activate the device after that. Note that if you connect Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 to the DJI Mimo app before activation, you have to activate it for further use with the app. Hope this helps.

What's the justification for locking the owner out of a camera which they have bought from you please.
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

4wd Posted at 4-1 04:10
What's the justification for locking the owner out of a camera which they have bought from you please.

Hi, 4wd. All of the devices, including mobile phones, need to be activated or set up first for you to access all the features. Action 3 has a special feature wherein you can still use it 5 times even without activating it. We don't use the word locked out as you should not be because you are still free to activate the device after that five chances and use the device as long as you want to after the activation. Hope this helps.
2023-4-3
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

This is actually incorrect. Mobile phones only require activation if you plan to make or receive phone calls (eg use a SIM card). You can purchase a mobile phone and not activate it. You can use it via WiFi, you can make phone calls using Google Voice, you can download apps, use maps and GPS, take photos or videos and so on without doing any activation. If you are a mobile developer, you might have lots of phones around for testing. You might want to have the latest phones and operating systems so you can test your app on them. It doesn't mean you will need to activate any of the phones, however.
2023-4-3
Use props
Dan Fossatti
New

United States

4wd Posted at 3-31 23:38

100% agree.
2023-8-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the problem is you need to try doing that staff  the word Locked  out is spot on oh the door got deactivated by too many attempts.
2023-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules