Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What the Mini 3 Pro is Capable of (Photography) Image Heavy**
1597 18 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Now I am not going to sit and explain to you about how I am the best ever aerial photographer; but I just wanted to show how capable this drone is if you carefully shoot and process. I see these questions all the time and I am well placed to advise as I am a regular photographer - you can find me on facebook as Steven Robinson Pictures if interested. Part of my values are to shoot the scene as naturally as possible for the most part, and to capture the highest fidelity data possible to use for PP later.

Caveats - Always Shoot in RAW. Always. (Hopefully I can disable jpg mode if they ever allow that). Shoot at Base ISO 100 whenever possible. Try not to deviate from here. This is where the highest dynamic range is, and the lowest noise, the best shadow and colour details exist here. Stay at 100, glue yourself to ISO 100. Use shutter speed to control the exposure only unless in exceptional circumstances. Always shoot in Manual mode, with the histogram activated. In contrasty light, always do at least a 3 shot bracket, ideally 5 and you can bin what you don't require later. Shutter speeds are wind dependant, but you can get away with being fairly cheeky as this is a small sensor. Always shoot in 12MP mode. This has several advantages - firstly a much higher dynamic range than the 48MP mode. If you need more resolution, simple stitch shots - easy to do in any software these days. If you need a wider FOV, stitch shots. The 48MP mode is a faux mode full of false colour and artefacts - master 12MP and you will win here. The great thing about bracketting in 12MP is that when you set a 5 frame bracket, you get x5 RAW files to exposure blend (I often pick two or 3 max) and blend them. Because they are all taken at the same time, there is no drone motion between shots, making blending easier.

Here are some single shots, some panos. All 12MP mode. All using the above advice. NB bare in mind these are not the full size files and will show compression on this website potentially.

Still waiting on dji implementing many of my suggestions I mentioned here what, 6 months ago. First one was basic - allow a RAW only option so I do not have to waste my time deleting jpgs that are no use to me. Still waiting!

2023-3-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep, those are beautiful!  
2023-3-30
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent shots Steven.
2023-3-30
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1855778 ft
Canada

Outstanding! I hope one day I might produce images that approach that level.
2023-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Super impressive!
2023-3-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wow!  lovely made pictures.   my fav is #4 !

cheers
JJB
2023-3-30
Use props
_SoP_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 921604 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Super great shots. Impressive sceneries!
2023-3-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely stunning.  
2023-3-30
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful photos! How would the quality of your Mini 3 Pro images stack up against an expensive dSLR camera for a glossy print magazine cover shot?
2023-3-31
Use props
oberschneider.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4397306 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Beautiful images, congratulations!
2023-3-31
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 3-31 01:50
Beautiful photos! How would the quality of your Mini 3 Pro images stack up against an expensive dSLR camera for a glossy print magazine cover shot?

No problem in a magazine imo as thats not that large...barely notice the difference but of course not a flying d850 for billboard sized fidelity. Its good...as long as you are careful. Saying that...build boards have been made with 12mp cameras for years back in the day...
2023-3-31
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 3-30 13:43
Outstanding! I hope one day I might produce images that approach that level.

You can do it. All I did was practice!
2023-3-31
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Steven,
Great pictures, where where they taken, what part of Scotland?

2023-3-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, all spectacular shots Steven.    #3 is  my favorite.  
2023-3-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have an unfair advantage, your location, so not fair, nice photos!!
2023-3-31
Use props
PN_Foudasie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94180 ft
France

Nice Picture. Agree with you on better quality for 12MP and needs of option to remove jpeg. What I also need is a way to define naming of the picture name root to avoid having same name when card is formated.
2023-3-31
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PN_Foudasie Posted at 3-31 08:45
Nice Picture. Agree with you on better quality for 12MP and needs of option to remove jpeg. What I also need is a way to define naming of the picture name root to avoid having same name when card is formated.

Agreed the file name thing was mentioned by myself and many others months ago but so far they aren't interested it seems
2023-3-31
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

Gorgeous stuff and some great tips!
2023-3-31
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ken Storm Posted at 3-31 02:48
Hi Steven,
Great pictures, where where they taken, what part of Scotland?

Thank you. I've just edited post for locations. Liking your deep sky pic there...I do some myself too.
Edit  - editing sucks on a phone. In order 1. Stirling Castle 2. Glencoe 3. Castle Stalker 4. Loch Tummel 5. Castle Tioram 6. Rannoch Moor 7. Stirling Castle 8. Glencoe
2023-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules