DJI RC Controller Not Connecting to Wifi
2554 10 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YxBudLLkjjwH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6240 ft
United States

Pretty new RC controller is having difficulty connecting to any wifi network. I have tried the hotspot with my phone verifying the password is correct, multiple wifi networks on my home ubiquiti wifi network. With security on and off. I have tried 2.4 & 5ghz networks. I have also resetting the network settings, then just resetting the entire controller and its still not connecting to wifi. One more thing I have done is connect it to my drone and manually set  the connection to the drone to the 5.8ghz channel to make sure that nothing was interfering with the 2.4 channel. Anyone else have any suggestions?
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to do a factory reset on your DJI RC and try again to see if the issue persists? After doing the factory reset, you may plug in your DJI RC via DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware. You may download the software at the link below. Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_YxBudLLkjjwH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 17:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to do a factory reset on your DJI RC and try again to see if the issue persists? After doing the factory reset, you may plug in your DJI RC via DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware. You may download the software at the link below. Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I have done that already. I tried updating to latest and downgrading to the earliest. With resetting to factory on both as well.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_YxBudLLkjjwH Posted at 3-30 17:37
I have done that already. I tried updating to latest and downgrading to the earliest. With resetting to factory on both as well.

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I have sent you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_YxBudLLkjjwH
lvl.2
United States

Just want to update the post here and say it's been a little over a week now and the "engineers" still do not have an answer to this.
2023-4-7
Use props
fansa5e95b25
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever resolve this?  I was having no trouble with the google wifi, but with my new ubiquiti wifi setup, the RC pro is acting the way you describe.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansa5e95b25 Posted at 8-23 14:49
Did you ever resolve this?  I was having no trouble with the google wifi, but with my new ubiquiti wifi setup, the RC pro is acting the way you describe.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Were you able to connect to the Wi-Fi with the correct password but not getting an internet connection or is it the Wi-Fi network not accepting your password?
2023-8-24
Use props
chris.janjic
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue. I am definitely using the correct WiFi password. I have tried all of the steps listed in this post. Frustrating because I need to connect to wifi in order to log in to my profile, since the app kicks me out every two weeks or so - which is beyond frustrating in and of itself.
1-14 17:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

chris.janjic@bluechalk.com Posted at 1-14 17:43
I am having the same issue. I am definitely using the correct WiFi password. I have tried all of the steps listed in this post. Frustrating because I need to connect to wifi in order to log in to my profile, since the app kicks me out every two weeks or so - which is beyond frustrating in and of itself.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask for the screen recording showing the operation? Furthermore, to ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. As for the DJI Mimo app, if you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information.
1-14 23:47
Use props
djiuser_LMjtUGoPBdJH
New

Canada

Hi what's the steps to resolve this. I did all that is described in this thread too and the rc2 won't connect to my phone Hotspot on first setup. I can't test fly the drone for the first time. I had the mini2 before and it was easy to start flying.
3-28 09:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_LMjtUGoPBdJH Posted at 3-28 09:28
Hi what's the steps to resolve this. I did all that is described in this thread too and the rc2 won't connect to my phone Hotspot on first setup. I can't test fly the drone for the first time. I had the mini2 before and it was easy to start flying.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm if you are referring to the DJI RC 2 remote controller. What specific drone are you using with this controller? Try to use your home WiFi connection other than Hotspot to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted.
3-29 00:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules