Adding More Mics to DJI Wireless Microphone System
5787 6 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3090846 ft
United States

I just recently purchased the DJI Wireless Microphone System (2 mics, a base, and the charging case) and I was wondering if I can purchase more microphones that will work together in a filming environment of multiple people using a single base. I haven't even tested it with the 2 mics yet and I'm new to working with audio so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

2023-3-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I do not think that's a dumb question, actually I believe many have wished for this kind of an option to the DJI Mic, and I for one would find this very useful.

Unfortunately, I do believe it only works with two transmitters at max. For more, you need to take separate mic sets, capture the audio on a separate recorder, then mix them together in post.

Also, I haven't seen them selling the transmitters separately for the DJI Mic. Would find it logical if they did at least later on, as they are also selling the Mic set with a version that only comes with one transmitter.
2023-3-30
Use props
Props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3090846 ft
United States

Thank you for that, HGDC84! It's tough to know what kind of question may seem completely obvious to people who are more technically savvy in some specific areas. The promise of this mic system is exciting and I bought it because I need to get up to speed on audio technology to work with my transition from decades of still photography and into videography and DJI has proved to me over and over in the last year that they are a company I can depend on.

I look forward to some response from the DJI team to both of our posts since you are also interested in the same functionality! Thanks for adding your thoughts to my question!
2023-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Props Posted at 3-31 07:53
Thank you for that, HGDC84! It's tough to know what kind of question may seem completely obvious to people who are more technically savvy in some specific areas. The promise of this mic system is exciting and I bought it because I need to get up to speed on audio technology to work with my transition from decades of still photography and into videography and DJI has proved to me over and over in the last year that they are a company I can depend on.

I look forward to some response from the DJI team to both of our posts since you are also interested in the same functionality! Thanks for adding your thoughts to my question!

No problem, good to know you find it useful

Also, waiting for the official DJI replies as well. We'll see what they will say.
2023-4-1
Use props
fans8e49fb2b
lvl.1

United States

Can i put 2 transmiters with 4 dji mics on one camera?
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Props. Thank you for reaching out. This is not supported. The receiver can be connected with up to two transmitters at the same time only. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-12
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Just got my mic system. Yes, i did know only 2 transmitters. That is enoff moust of the time. But offend we are 3 guys fishing. Then i will hook up, the system to my oa1 on a fix place, and then have oa3 on chest with lav mic with volume control.And merge the files in post. Having a big setup for many guys, is hardcore, and you need a wery costly system. Did see such a system, at a Novo Nordisk Opening were the Prince of Denmark, and Goverment, and many other hig ups was.
Them, filmimg did forget there wireless system. So i call them. There was like 50 transmitters, and a big antenna system as resiver. With volomecontrol.
Not under $ 50k
So, that is overkill for us. But when i'm filming many guys, i use a shotgun mic. That's great. do the trek. I mount it under the cam, on a monopod. And follow the action, or looking for it.
2023-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules