1783 6 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

Hi,

I bought my DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo back in Sept 2020, and haven't got any problem in flying.
Recently, I noticed a strange issue with the RC's firmware.
On DJI Fly app (the recent v1.9.5), the RC's firmware version shows as "N/A", but its SN is displayed.

3 days ago, I tried DJI Assistant 2 again to update the firmware.
I was able to download and update the Aircraft firmware to 01.01.1300
But for the RC, just like the mobile DJI Fly app, it won't show the RC's firmware version,

and there's no option to download and update RC's firmware. See attached screenshot.

My RC still works with DJI Fly to operate the drone.

Does anyone have similar issues?

Thanks!

mavic-air2-RC-20230327.png
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bluesky2017. Thank you for reaching out. The RC firmware version can be seen under the About Settings on the DJI Fly. The current version of the DJI Fly is V 1.9.9. Please try to update the app first then try to update the RC if it is not updated yet. Please see the details below:
1. Connect RC-N1 and mobile phone (RC-N1 must be successfully connected), and enter DJI Fly App, the top of the APP will automatically prompt that RC-N1 has new firmware, click to update.
2. If the App does not prompt the firmware update, please select the corresponding aircraft model first, if there is an RC-N1 firmware update, it will prompt to update, click to download and update (Note: RC-N1 firmware can be updated without connecting to the aircraft
3. Connect RC-N1 to the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 software (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-air-2) to update the firmware.

Note: The above firmware update needs to be carried out under the premise of having a network.
2023-3-31
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-31 01:40
Hi, bluesky2017. Thank you for reaching out. The RC firmware version can be seen under the About Settings on the DJI Fly. The current version of the DJI Fly is V 1.9.9. Please try to update the app first then try to update the RC if it is not updated yet. Please see the details below:
1. Connect RC-N1 and mobile phone (RC-N1 must be successfully connected), and enter DJI Fly App, the top of the APP will automatically prompt that RC-N1 has new firmware, click to update.
2. If the App does not prompt the firmware update, please select the corresponding aircraft model first, if there is an RC-N1 firmware update, it will prompt to update, click to download and update (Note: RC-N1 firmware can be updated without connecting to the aircraft

I've tried both ways again to update the firmware for RC, to no avail.

1. I updated DJI Assistant 2 to the latest v2.1.17, and tried to update the RC firmware.  I got the same results as before I updated DJI Assistant 2.

2. I also updated DJI Fly to v1.9.9, and was able to connect to the RC and the drone. Again, the About screen still shows the RC firmware version as "N/A", and it won't trigger firmware update at all.  But the RC works to fly the drone.

2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bluesky2017 Posted at 3-31 18:41

1. I updated DJI Assistant 2 to the latest v2.1.17, and tried to update the RC firmware.  I got the same results as before I updated DJI Assistant 2.

Hi there. Thank you for providing the screenshots. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for further checking. We will let you know once we received feedback. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bluesky2017 Posted at 3-31 18:41

Hi, bluesky2017. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. If the App does not prompt the firmware update, please select the corresponding aircraft model first, if there is an RC-N1 firmware update, it will prompt to update, click to download and update (Note: RC-N1 firmware can be updated without connecting to the aircraft).  If you are still not getting an update prompt, it could be that the RC is not being detected by the app, please try several times.

If the issue still persists, it could be a problem with the RC and for your security purposes, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-3
Use props
fans3a26aed2
New
Flight distance : 15682 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-3 00:34
Hi, bluesky2017. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. If the App does not prompt the firmware update, please select the corresponding aircraft model first, if there is an RC-N1 firmware update, it will prompt to update, click to download and update (Note: RC-N1 firmware can be updated without connecting to the aircraft).  If you are still not getting an update prompt, it could be that the RC is not being detected by the app, please try several times.

If the issue still persists, it could be a problem with the RC and for your security purposes, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I had the same issue as reported here. Here’s what worked for me to update RC:

Plug RC into iPhone.
Power up RC.
Select my aircraft model from the menu.
Was prompted to update firmware and process completed normally.
Power up aircraft and go to About Tab.
RC now recognized and checking firmware for both aircraft and RC shows up to date.

Aircraft was able to update previously via Mac computer and DJI Assistant 2 App for Consumer Drones Series, but RC current firmware could not be recognized or updated via this computer app.  DJI developer team should investigate this issue and resolve.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans3a26aed2 Posted at 5-22 07:57
I had the same issue as reported here. Here’s what worked for me to update RC:

Plug RC into iPhone.

Hi, fans3a26aed2. Thank you for sharing your resolution ans suggestion. We'll forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your support.
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules