Video Flickering (Jello Effect) after Gimbal Housing replacement
1059 5 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

Due to gimbal not rotating correctly gimbal housing was Replaced. However, after the replacement When the drone is started video starts flickering fast. When The drone is turned on, but the propellers are not rotating, there is no issue with video. Gimbal rotation works smoothly. Howeven even when the propellers are rotating and Drone is not in air, same issue happens.

I've recalibirated the drone gimbal using the Python script method shown in many youtube videos, I've done this earlier as well without any issue.

Please see the below videos

I've replaced the Gimbal cables as well.

Any support in a diagnosis would be helpfull.
2023-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is shaking.
Looks like a hardware problem. (and that makes sense if you change this yourself)
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hasi. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the following troubleshooting steps below:
1. It is recommended to either increase the exposure time by using an ND filter or shrinking the lens aperture, or reducing the flight attitude angle to get a better picture effect.
2. Check whether the gimbal is released from the limit buckle. If not, calibrate the gimbal and IMU in the DJI Fly app, and then check whether the issue still exists.
3. If the video with rippling effects is a cached video from the app, confirm whether the original video on the microSD card is normal or not. If yes, the issue is related to the image transmission signal:
a. The mobile device has insufficient processing capability.
b. There was large signal interference.
4. If the rippling effects also occur in the original video:
a. Check whether this issue still exists when using the internal storage to shoot videos. If so, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
b. Calibrate the gimbal.
c. Check whether the firmware is the latest version.
5. If none of the above measures can fix this issue please send it in for repair. You may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support so that they can provide information on how you can send it in. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-3-31
Use props
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

Unfortunately above steps doesn't work. I have replaced around 10 gimbals the same way but this is the first time i've encountered something like this
2023-4-4
Use props
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

Please note that this issue only comes up when the motors are turned on. When the motors are turned off, the video works fine without any issues. InFlight sometimes Gimbal Motor overloaded error is shown.

I've Changed the Gimbal with a new one, changed the signal cable with a new one, but the issue still persists.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hasi Posted at 4-20 21:34
Please note that this issue only comes up when the motors are turned on. When the motors are turned off, the video works fine without any issues. InFlight sometimes Gimbal Motor overloaded error is shown.

I've Changed the Gimbal with a new one, changed the signal cable with a new one, but the issue still persists.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. I'm afraid that you may contact the local dealer where you purchase the unit to ask for a service or contact our team directly at https://www.dji.com/support to send the unit in. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules