Avata just fell from the sky. I don't trust it!
868 6 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EtYB22W46w1R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 553104 ft
  • >>>
Italy

2 days ago I went flying with my Avata, everything was normal like usual except suddenly I had no control of it and it started to fall from the sky. I pressed several times pause/break button and nothing happened. It was falling down in a circle, so fast that I couldn't understand where it was falling, only the brown color of the vegetation. My friend said it fell like a stone from the sky. It wasn't far from me but it fell inside a very steep and uncurated forest. We searched for 2 days and nothing. I didn't think to connect the goggles to my phone, nor to put an sd card into it. Then the support told me the files are inside the goggles, but there was no flying information. It's very bad cause there is no chance then to find the exact place of the drone - and unluckily it was the only time I insert my preferred sd card with 100 GB of traveling films made with the Mavic air 2. All gone.

DJI takes so much time to help me and everything they say is like a tiny unnecessary step.

Think how dangerous this could be when flying over cars or people if it suddenly falls down???  20 min earlier I was flying with the avata above a church and some houses and people - just a small village, but if it fell there....then I would have problems!

2023-3-31
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

That sound like one of your rotors exploded mid flight which is a well known Error if you do some research here..
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. We notice our team is following up on your case and has applied for data analysis. After the analysis is finished, you will receive an email update of the analysis result, please wait for the email patiently.
2023-3-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Welcome to Earth, it's called gravity.  It is for this reason that the use of drones is regulated.  No need to even imagine what would happen if the drone had fallen on a monument or on people.  

You do not have the right to fly over them, except under special conditions and authorizations.  

As usual people answer that they are highly experienced expert, I expect no less here.  Nevertheless I invite you to visit this site or to re-visit if necessary.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/drones-regulatory-framework-background/open-category-civil-drones
2023-3-31
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, when it starts falling in a circles loop, means one of the propellers has broken.  Did u have an SD card in the goggles recording all the telemetry?  Should have popped up a check propellers warning message.
2023-3-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wait a second, you took 100gb of the only copy of your precious memories for a wicked fpv ride all over the countryside using the most dangerous drone of our times?  

sorry for your loss.  hopefully someone will find it and return it to you one day.  good luck.
2023-4-1
Use props
AvataBangOnTheDrumsAllDa
lvl.2
United States

Turn on DJI fly app and connect phone to goggles. Left bottom on phone screen press profile. Next screen, bottom left press More. Now on black screen look to see if top entry date on left column is from your last flight. If not, top right refresh. Now find the line with your last flight and press button on far right. Should turn to square with loading circle around it. Then go back a screen and set up auto sync when connected to WIFI.
Go to AirData.com and find the DJI permission tab. Input your log in information for your DJI account and set it up to sync. Once synced, (best on PC) pick the flight where you crashed, and you should see a map with exact coordinates. Across the bottom are 4 file buttons. The one on the left is a KLM for for Google Earth.
Hopefully that gets you to the exact spot
Screenshot_20230402_092839_Airdata UAV.jpg
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules