iPad mini 6 Connection
1506 22 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I am having many issues getting my iPad mini 6 connected to the remote.  I have tried many different cables, approximately five different ones and about six different adaptors to get this to work.  I can hear the iPad chirp like it is charging but it will not connect showing the camera.  Like I have said I hsve tried many different USB C to USB A cables and USB A to USB A cables with adaptors per suggestions from a lot of people this to work.  The only thing I can get to work is my iPhone using the lightning cable.  So any suggestions please.  
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which remote controller you have?
2023-3-31
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

Hello.

I have the same problem. Remote Controller do not connect with iPad Mini 6 with USB-C.

iPad Mini 6 with iOS 16.4.1
Remote Controller GL300C ver. B - latest firmware
DJI Phantom Advanced - latest firmware

Remote Controller work with microUSB only when I restart mobile phone - Android 6.1
Remote Controller work with lightening only when I restart mobile phone - iOS 16.1.1

I do everything. Re-instal app, use adapter, use different cable, charge remote and connect with iPad, restart iPad when cable was connected.

What should I do NOW?

I need immediately iPad mini 6 with RC

If the problem is not resolved within 3 days please give me RC that will work with iPad Mini 6.

Regards,

Bartłomiej
2023-4-16
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-31 07:39
Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which remote controller you have?

I have the regular remote without the screen.
2023-4-16
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

The truth is simple.

DJI Phantom 4 series is dead and they don't see the need for firmware update and usb-c compatibility.

If you want to use the Phantom 4 series, only use what else works with the controller.

USB-C? - Forget user.

Micro-USB or Lightening? - Remember user.
2023-4-19
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

Bartłomiej Posted at 4-19 10:58
The truth is simple.

DJI Phantom 4 series is dead and they don't see the need for firmware update and usb-c compatibility.

They still support the Phantom 4 pro.  Even though they no longer manufacture the drone anymore.  The DJI rep said in a post earlier they were sending this to the technicians to look into.  Whatever that means,  Whether they tell everyone this to get people off their back or they have intentions of fixing this issue.
2023-4-20
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 4-16 14:55
I have the regular remote without the screen.

Hi, Shawgod. Thank you for the reply. Base on the information from our relevant team, during the testing of the iPadOS 14, the iPad could be connected normally to the DJI GO 4 app. However, when the iPad is updated to iPadOS 15 (or higher), the connection may fail. The DJI engineers are currently working on to resolve this issue. Currently, if you want to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, you can use a portable power source. Connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller. After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 4-16 11:29
Hello.

I have the same problem. Remote Controller do not connect with iPad Mini 6 with USB-C.

Hi, Bartłomiej. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue, please refer to my reply on post #8(https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 716&pid=3028147). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-20
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why I keep my iPad mini 4....
2023-4-21
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

Yeah maybe I need to get a iPad mini 5.  That still uses the lightning cable and has some speed to it.
2023-4-22
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

Downgrade  iPad mini 6 iOS 16 to iOS 14 and that should by OK?

Original iOS to iPad mini 6 is iOS 15 !

You’re  kidding?
2023-4-23
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-20 18:49
Hi, Bartłomiej. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue, please refer to my reply on post #8(https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=287716&pid=3028147). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any word if they are still working on this?
2023-4-27
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-20 18:49
Hi, Bartłomiej. We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue, please refer to my reply on post #8(https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=287716&pid=3028147). Thank you for your understanding and support.

RC does not connect with iPad Mini 6 - iOS 15.
RC does not connect with iPad Mini 6 - iOS 15 with portable power source.

RC does not connect with iPad Mini 6 - iOS 16.
RC does not connect with iPad Mini 6 - iOS 16 with portable power source.

DJI Gamora I don't have Android mobile devices. I'm not a shop. I'm not a millionaire. Please give me such a device. Preferably the latest or give me working RC with iPad mini 6 with iOS 16.

Ok?

2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 4-27 14:05
Any word if they are still working on this?

This has been forwarded to our relevant team but if you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-29
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 05:03
This has been forwarded to our relevant team but if you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I want to use something that has a faster processor in it.  The iPad mini 4 that uses the A08 processor in it uses the iPadOS 15.  It is very slow and I am afraid is to under powered for the drone software.  It does use lightning connector.  The iPad mini 5 uses lightning cable as well and uses IpadOS 16 as well.  It uses the A12 processor it is more powerful and would be more likely to work with the Phantom.  But you are saying that it doesn't work with IPadOS16?  It works fine with iOS16 on my phone, so I don't know why it wouldn't work with iPadOS16.  Have you tested this in your lab?
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shawgod Posted at 4-29 05:33
I want to use something that has a faster processor in it.  The iPad mini 4 that uses the A08 processor in it uses the iPadOS 15.  It is very slow and I am afraid is to under powered for the drone software.  It does use lightning connector.  The iPad mini 5 uses lightning cable as well and uses IpadOS 16 as well.  It uses the A12 processor it is more powerful and would be more likely to work with the Phantom.  But you are saying that it doesn't work with IPadOS16?  It works fine with iOS16 on my phone, so I don't know why it wouldn't work with iPadOS16.  Have you tested this in your lab?

Hi, Shawgod. As mentioned above, the connection problem may occur on iPadOS 15 (or higher) only. Despite sharing a name with the OS running on the iPhone, the two were never identical: differences in feature sets and interfaces were always present. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-30
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 07:48
Hi, Shawgod. As mentioned above, the connection problem may occur on iPadOS 15 (or higher) only. Despite sharing a name with the OS running on the iPhone, the two were never identical: differences in feature sets and interfaces were always present. Thank you for your kind understanding.

So when will the iPad mini 6 start working with the RC Phantom 4 Advanced?
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-2 08:53
So when will the iPad mini 6 start working with the RC Phantom 4 Advanced?

Hi, Bartłomiej. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the iPadOS 15 (or higher) will work with DJI GO 4 app. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-5-4
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-4 05:26
Hi, Bartłomiej. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the iPadOS 15 (or higher) will work with DJI GO 4 app. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

Okay, so I'm just waiting.

Today is May 19, 2023.

Regards

Bartłomiej
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bartłomiej Posted at 5-19 02:54
Okay, so I'm just waiting.

Today is May 19, 2023.

Thank you for your kind understanding. If you have an urgent mission, please use another device for flying.
2023-5-19
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

I don't have any issues with the DJI Go app working with iOS 16.5 for the iPhone, it isn't any different than the iPad OS 16.5.  Why are there issues Gamora?
2023-5-27
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
United States

I don't want to keep bringing this up again DJI staff, but do you have any updates whether the iPad mini 6 will work soon with the Phantom 4 Pro soon?  I know I have been waiting for a long time for this.  
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules