Can anyone help me retrieve my flight logs?
6540 18 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to retrieve my flight logs from either my DJI RC controller (built-in screen) or from my Mini 3 Pro but do not know the methodology to do it. I'm reading so many different methods that don't mention using a Windows 10 system and/or the RC controller that I have. Right now all of my logs show synced to the DJI Cloud because I have it set to auto-sync when WiFI is available.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
2023-3-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC-N1 does not have a built in screen, it is the DJI RC that has the built in screen. I assume you mean the DJI RC, if so have a look at
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -controller.127069/
though I am not sure if that is up to date.
If you are using an RC-N1 and a phone have a look at the lower portion of
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
It might be an idea to mention which version of the app your screen device is running. I do not know if such concerns are applicable to the DJI RC but with phones used with the RC-N1 the location of the logs changed somewhere around version 1.5.something I think.

Unless you really want to sync your logs with DJI I would switch the auto sync off, I believe syncing deletes the DAT  logs from the screen device.
With regards to the logs on the drone they are probably retrieved via the appropriate Assistant 2 .... but the exercise is likely to be pointless as it is probable that they are encrypted, which is a shame, that said it might be worth at least a look because I am lead to believe that the screen device DAT's of the Mini 3 are no longer encrypted which is an improvement on the other recent FLY app using drones.

2023-3-31
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-31 10:15
The RC-N1 does not have a built in screen, it is the DJI RC that has the built in screen. I assume you mean the DJI RC, if so have a look at
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -controller.127069/
though I am not sure if that is up to date.

I’m using app version 1.9.9 on my DJI RC. There has to be a way to retrieve them locally. It doesn’t make any sense that they can only remain on the controller or are otherwise possibly encrypted so they cannot be used in other applications.
If you are unsure, can you please check with your teammates or someone that might have a deeper knowledge base about this issue?
2023-3-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matrix64 Posted at 3-31 13:34
I’m using app version 1.9.9 on my DJI RC. There has to be a way to retrieve them locally. It doesn’t make any sense that they can only remain on the controller or are otherwise possibly encrypted so they cannot be used in other applications.
If you are unsure, can you please check with your teammates or someone that might have a deeper knowledge base about this issue?

???????
I am at a loss to understand you post. You originally posted that you were
"using the RC-N1 controller ( the one with the built in screen)"
or similar wording.
I see you have edited the post, it's a pity I didn't quote it or use the reply button.
What do you mean by locally?

As for the rest.....what are you talking about? Did you quote the correct post or post in the correct thread?

You asked for instructions on how to retrieve the logs, I provided those instructions that I believe to work.

Assuming the DJI RC behaves the same way as a phone you can replay the log of a flight in the app but if you want to look at the log in detail then the log/s have to be processed by some external means. The two means that I know of are Airdata and Phantomhelp's log viewer, of the two Phantomhelp provides the more useful csv. There are paid services that will decrypt the log such as FlightReader, a product associated with Phantomhelp but you will have to google for any others.

Msinger, the OP of the MavicPilots thread that I cited, is the person responsible for both Phantomhelp and FlightReader, for some reason I suspect he knows what he is talking baout.

2023-3-31
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

My apologies for confusing anyone. I misquoted the model of my controller, my fault of course. I have the DJI RC controller (built-in touch screen). I use it with the Mini 3 Pro.
I turned off the sync flight data (as you suggested earlier). I am indeed trying to use the airdata website to upload my logs but their instructions do not address how to do that using the controller I have. Their instructions address a “smart controller” which is not the same.

So, I’m trying to figure out a way to get the flight logs from my controller or drone (whichever one they’re located on), copied over to my Windows computer (that’s what I meant when I said “locally”.

Right now, I see my controller is retaining the cached flight logs and I can go into each log and watch it on the controller but I want to get them into the airdata site.

Hopefully this helps clear up the confusion. Also, the link you referred me is no longer available (broken link) my friend.
2023-3-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to the first link in post#2
Copy and paste
"HOW TO: Copy TXT flight logs from DJI RC remote controller"
into google's etc. search window and run the search.  
For me that finds two results, one being on PhantomHelp.com ( the link to that may or may not work )  the other being on the MavicPilots forum, click on the MavicPilots one.

With regards to the second link in post#2
do a google etc, for "phantomhelp logviewer"  you should find the webpage that the second link in post #2. was meant to take you to, the lower portion of the page is instruction for retrieval of the flight logs from various devices, it includes the line
"For the RC Pro remote controller, follow the instructions here."
click on the word "here"
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Matrix64. Thanks for reaching out. Here's how you can export the flight records from your DJI RC to a computer:
1. Use a USB cable (A to C) to connect DJI RC to a computer. You will see “MTP USB Device” appear in “This PC.”
2. Double-click “MTP USB Device” to open the internal shared storage inside the remote controller. The DJIFlightRecord documents are the flight records. The corresponding flight records can be found, copied, and exported based on time.
3. To export the MCDatFlightRecords files:
Double-click “MTP USB Device” to open the internal shared storage inside the DJI RC. Double click MCDatFlightRecords folder. The corresponding MCDatFlightRecords files can be found, copied, and exported.
Note: This method is only supported when the remote controller's firmware version is v01.00.0300 or later.
Please let us know if you have further questions. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-31
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-31 23:27
Hi, Matrix64. Thanks for reaching out. Here's how you can export the flight records from your DJI RC to a computer:
1. Use a USB cable (A to C) to connect DJI RC to a computer. You will see “MTP USB Device” appear in “This PC.”
2. Double-click “MTP USB Device” to open the internal shared storage inside the remote controller. The DJIFlightRecord documents are the flight records. The corresponding flight records can be found, copied, and exported based on time.

Thank you to both you Tony, and Sean for assisting with this matter on my behalf. Now I have 2 methods to get to these files. I will try both of them and provide some feedback for you to use in the future if you have wish.

Matrix
2023-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Open a free airdata.com account and it can sync your logs from the DJI cloud and let you view or download the raw files.  
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Matrix64 Posted at 4-1 00:31
Thank you to both you Tony, and Sean for assisting with this matter on my behalf. Now I have 2 methods to get to these files. I will try both of them and provide some feedback for you to use in the future if you have wish.

Matrix

You are most welcome, Matrix. We hope it goes well for you. Happy flying!
2023-4-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to syncing, I suggest you backup the flight logs, both .txt and DAT, BEFORE you sync. The DAT's of the Mini 3 are apparently readable, though I would love someone to confirm this one was or the other.

If they are readable, via the likes of CsvView and or DatCon, see
https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html
they may contain useful information e.g. motor speeds.
If syncing follows the normal practice the DAT's are/will-be lost/removed during a sync, hence my saying switch syncing off. It's always handy to have a copy of the DAT saved somewhere just incase you DJI ever request one during a crash or problem investigation etc..

Regarding "provide some feedback for you to use in the future if you have wish." Feedback about both methods of retrieval would be welcomed, as would confirmation, one way or the other, of whether or not CsvView etc. can process the DAT's.
Thanks.

2023-4-1
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-31 23:27
2. Double-click “MTP USB Device” to open the internal shared storage inside the remote controller. The DJIFlightRecord documents are the flight records. The corresponding flight records can be found, copied, and exported based on time.

Tony, your instructions were flawless and I was able to upload them to AirData. I did not attempt the instructions from Sean because yours was so easy and straight forward. I appreciate the help from both of you. Have a great weekend,
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Matrix64 Posted at 4-1 12:11
Tony, your instructions were flawless and I was able to upload them to AirData. I did not attempt the instructions from Sean because yours was so easy and straight forward. I appreciate the help from both of you. Have a great weekend,

Thanks for the update. We're pleased to know that the method worked smoothly for you. Please reach us back should you have other concerns or inquiries. Have a nice day!
2023-4-1
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matrix64 Posted at 4-1 12:11

Glad you got them, you might like to upload one or two to Phantomehelp, just for comparison. If it is your interest the Phantomhelp csv contains more data than the Airdata csv.
For reference the DAT's ARE readable by CsvView.
CsvView can't read the Mini 3 txt flight log but it can read the csv from Phantomhelp and present the selected date in graphical form, that's quite a handy way to look at the information.Be aware that Airdata's battery charge count seems to be based on the data uploaded to Airdata, I don't use Airdata that much and only for an occasional log. As such, for me, the battery charge counts are often wrong as charges have been 'missed'.
Also the total distance flown can be out. I happened to notice on two flights, where I had poor GPS at the start of the flight, that the drone's location was initially incorrectly reported and suddenly changed as the GPS count improved. The distance involved in the 'jump' was included in the 'mileage' for the flight, it was a significant error in this flight because the actual distance flown was less than 20m.
2023-4-2
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 01:06
Glad you got them, you might like to upload one or two to Phantomehelp, the Phantomhelp csv contains more data than the Airdata csv.
For reference the DAT's ARE readable by CsvView.

I will certainly look at that today and get back to you about y thoughts.
Update: I definitely prefer the AirData but thank you for the suggestion.
2023-4-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matrix64 Posted at 4-2 01:15
I will certainly look at that today and get back to you about y thoughts.
Update: I definitely prefer the AirData but thank you for the suggestion.

Hi,

if you are a window user try FRAP

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203659&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

cheers
JJB    [ FRAP ; the 'best' software for flightlog analysis ]
2023-4-2
Use props
Matrix64
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 4-2 02:17
Hi,

if you are a window user try FRAP

Will do. I’ll get back to you
2023-4-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matrix64 Posted at 4-2 02:19
Will do. I’ll get back to you

oke   if you have any questions about FRAP  just ask per mail. (download link per mail as well)

2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules