Ronin M - New firmware - Problems with smoothtrack
1794 26 2015-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

After installing the new firmware for my Ronin M I lost all smoothness. Doesn't matter what deadband I have set - still very jerky movements. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. DJI!!! Please help us asap. I have client video shoots scheduled and I can't do them with these jerky movements.
2015-8-22
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same here ...  it's got all jerky ...  and not the good kind.

2015-8-23
Use props
rikoneal1
New

United States

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-23 19:14
Same here ...  it's got all jerky ...  and not the good kind.

Motion is more robotic and stiff in Smooth Track after the update. You did both updates, right?
2015-8-23
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

Yes. Updated both GCU and IMU.
2015-8-23
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

rikoneal1@mac.c Posted at 2015-8-24 05:06
Motion is more robotic and stiff in Smooth Track after the update. You did both updates, right?

Yup both updates and yea I guess you could say its more robotic...

2015-8-23
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After updating, did you guys click "Default" and then performed the system calibration and then an auto tune?
2015-8-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Got the samme issue after updating the Ronin- To latest firmware... Seriously it's pretty much unusable as it's very jerky and almost wobbly when operating it. I pressed the default after updating, system calibration and then auto tune. Same thing. Seriously you need to either let me rollback the firmware or fix this. It's unusable as it stands.
2015-8-26
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Paul,  yes I hit default and did a system calibration and then auto-tune.  Tried using it yesterday, it's rubbish now, can you guys allow a downgrade to previous firmware?  It's not usable currently, way too rigid and jerky.
2015-8-27
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-23 22:54
After updating, did you guys click "Default" and then performed the system calibration and then an a ...

Yes. Followed the upgrade instructions from A to Z.
2015-8-28
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Any ideas DJI ?  

2015-9-2
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-24 05:54
After updating, did you guys click "Default" and then performed the system calibration and then an a ...

DJI! Seriously. Get ROLL AXIS ISSUE fixed and everything the latest firmware update 3.0 did mess up. How can you deliver such updates to you customers? That is ridiculous. Please get back with an adquate answer.
2015-9-6
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

My scenario:

Bought my Ronin-m early august and just days after a used it on a job, it worked perfectly especially since it was my first time operating a gimbal. Now i operate a Steadicam Solo with arm and Vest so i'm still quite familiar with the movement required.

Anyways where very happy with the results, by the time i came home from this job that was a two day job there was an update available.. updated and shortly after brought it on two other jobs. Upon reviewing the material i could clearly see noticeable difference in motion and fluidness.. it was much harsher, the panning was almost in "segments" and the up and down motion from walking was extremely visible.

It's simply not usable with the latest firmware, doesn't matter how many time i reset the settings to default and calibrate the system there is no difference.

Recently downgraded and the motion and fluidness that impressed on the first job with the Ronin-M seems to be back. Will do a few more comparisons and maybe post them later this week.

2015-9-7
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

How do you downgrade ???  Share the juicy info! hahah
2015-9-7
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Send me a pm with you'r email.
2015-9-7
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, Have sent you a Friend request so I can PM you.
2015-9-7
Use props
stworkshop
lvl.1
Singapore

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-7 16:41
My scenario:

Bought my Ronin-m early august and just days after a used it on a job, it worked perfe ...

How do you downgrade ? pls share
2015-9-9
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

stworkshop@gmai Posted at 2015-9-9 18:10
How do you downgrade ? pls share

Sent you a email.
2015-9-9
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-9 19:16
Sent you a email.

Hi Paul, so you also had smoothness problems after running latest updates? To which firmware did you downgrade? Can you pls send me the instruction via email? How can I add you as friend?
2015-9-10
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

VWPAlex Posted at 2015-9-10 19:29
Hi Paul, so you also had smoothness problems after running latest updates? To which firmware did y ...

Yes same issue as you and many others, downgraded to the one that came in early august. Sent friend request.
2015-9-10
Use props
nikktomma
New

Greece

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-11 00:49
Yes same issue as you and many others, downgraded to the one that came in early august. Sent frien ...

Hello I want me to to downgrade my ronin m.My email is nikktomma@yahoo.gr.Thanks
2015-9-11
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

nikktomma@yahoo Posted at 2015-9-11 10:22
Hello I want me to to downgrade my ronin m.My email is

Email sent
2015-9-11
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

paulll help me out to pleaseeeee!!! I need to go on holiday next week with a working ronin
2015-9-11
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Send me a pm with email
2015-9-13
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Can someone PLEASE send me the older, working, firmware??? PLEASE!!!
Eric
ek@ericknorpp(dot)com
Someone sent me it but it is for windows??? Is there a macintosh version?? PLEASE or could I downgrade it on a windows computer if I have to?
THANKS!!
2015-9-14
Use props
denis.zen
New
Italy

Hi Paul,
this is my email: denis.zen@zenwebvideo.it.
Can you please tell me how to downgrade? I have IMU v 1.4 and GCU 1.2

Thanks
Denis
2015-10-12
Use props
strike_bike
lvl.1

Russia

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-7 22:35
Send me a pm with you'r email.

Please? send me too strike_bike@mail.ru
2015-10-12
Use props
denis.zen
New
Italy

Hi, did you solve the problem with the IMU 1.4? I bought a Ronin M last week, updated but can't get smooth footage.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules