Need help unbind an account or otherwise
1969 15 2023-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello, I'm new here and I'm thinking of getting an Air 2S second hand for very good price which has never been used. When I went to collect the drone, I found out that it was already bound to another account which the couple is not aware of. They tried calling up their son and his cousins to enquire to unbind the account but no success. I want to get the drone because it's in a pristine condition with all accessories brand new. It's not had the care subscription but just the aircraft and remote bound to someone's account. How can I remedy this if I am to get the drone and if they fail to find the person, can I just use it without a problem in the future? I like the drone, but I don't want it as a paper weight at the same time.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry that the device needs to be unbound by the original owner. You may guide them to launch the DJI Fly app, and make sure to log in the DJI account that the drone is bound to, then go to Profile > Device Management > Tap remove the aircraft from the account. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ask them to get their sons DJI account password and you can login to the fly app and remove it yourself.   You dont need the drone or original phone to do that.  
2023-4-1
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 3-31 20:18
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry that the device needs to be unbound by the original owner. You may guide them to launch the DJI Fly app, and make sure to log in the DJI account that the drone is bound to, then go to Profile > Device Management > Tap remove the aircraft from the account. Thank you for your understanding.

I think you're not getting my question. They and their son don't have access to the account which has been binded to on the app. I really don't want to bother with that.

All I am asking is, can I still use the drone if I buy it from them without any problems or restriction??? The drone has no dji care registered.
2023-4-1
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-1 00:49
Ask them to get their sons DJI account password and you can login to the fly app and remove it yourself.   You dont need the drone or original phone to do that.

I understand what you mean. Unfortunately none of them have access to the account which the drone has been registered to. It could be a gift or something to them and they never used it.

All I'm asking is, if I buy it from them, can I use it without any restrictions? I have seen online that there would be a limitation in place after 5 flights if the account is not bound to me.
2023-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Djimavedick Posted at 4-1 00:58
I understand what you mean. Unfortunately none of them have access to the account which the drone has been registered to. It could be a gift or something to them and they never used it.

All I'm asking is, if I buy it from them, can I use it without any restrictions? I have seen online that there would be a limitation in place after 5 flights if the account is not bound to me.

No you're ultimately going to have a paper weight if its bound to someone else.  
2023-4-1
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Understood, so dji can't help in this issue?
2023-4-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Djimavedick Posted at 4-1 01:02
Understood, so dji can't help in this issue?

DJI can't unbind the drone.  If bought you will have a paper weight or a parts drone.
2023-4-1
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 02:39
DJI can't unbind the drone.  If bought you will have a paper weight or a parts drone.

Can I not even fly it indefinitely?? The seller says its not registered for dji care so it shouldn't be a problem.
2023-4-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Djimavedick Posted at 4-1 03:58
Can I not even fly it indefinitely?? The seller says its not registered for dji care so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a built in failsafe system to keep a drone that has been stolen from being resold and then flown by the unsuspecting buyer.  Unfortunately, unless you can get the original owner to unbind it then you will have a door stop or parts drone.  

Falls under the term Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).  
2023-4-1
Use props
Djimavedick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for the elaborate response. Makes sense..
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_eqpAJnMA1YDy
New
United States

My controller is bound to my own account and I can’t unbind it.  DJI service really stinks.  I have been waiting 4 days for them to send me a temporary password.  Password reset does not work.  Somehow they have my account as ****@.er t instead of .net.  Nothing but insincere apologies is all I get.
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_eqpAJnMA1YDy Posted at 4-1 17:55
My controller is bound to my own account and I can’t unbind it.  DJI service really stinks.  I have been waiting 4 days for them to send me a temporary password.  Password reset does not work.  Somehow they have my account as ****@.er t instead of .net.  Nothing but insincere apologies is all I get.

Hello, there. We apologized for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your issue to our related teams. We will resolve your issue as soon as possible.
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Djimavedick Posted at 4-1 00:55
I think you're not getting my question. They and their son don't have access to the account which has been binded to on the app. I really don't want to bother with that.

All I am asking is, can I still use the drone if I buy it from them without any problems or restriction??? The drone has no dji care registered.

I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. May I know if you have the serial number of the drone? Could you please provide the serial number to me so I can double confirm and provide the best answer for you? Look forward to your reply.
2023-4-3
Use props
praveen chavana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56929 ft
India

already bound to another account
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

praveen chavana Posted at 10-14 21:12
already bound to another account

Hello there. I replied to you on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D2. Have a nice day.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules