Charging issue with mini 3 pro
4893 35 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3055863 ft
Greece

Does anyone have problem in charging batteries using the drone?
I tried to charge one battery today but it never started. It seems that it starts charings as the indicator lamps start blinking but after a couple of minutes it stops and doesnt increase capacity at all.
I have a charing hub that charges normally the batteries, but if i want to use the drone i cant charge them. I have 4 batteries and it was the first time i wanted to use the drone and i was dissapointed! do you have any idea what happened and how to fix it? there is no problem with the cable, the charger or the batteries because they all charge at the charging hub normally and they are all new (they have 1 to 10 charging cycles). I cant think what goes wrong. At the begging i believed it was overheated but it doesnt add any energy into the battery. The lights blink for a couple of minutes, they stop and no energy is added at the battery.
2023-4-1
Use props
supergeo.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

What charger are you using while connecting to the drone?
2023-4-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strangely enough, i had issues with the hub yesterday, it wouldn't use some of my leads and when it did charge (previously worked) with any of my leads, and it missed one out, the middle one, i had to restart it to get it to charge it, and other are all the standard batteries, the Plus battery is in the drone...
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz
New

Greece

supergeo.ca Posted at 4-1 06:27
What charger are you using while connecting to the drone?

I have several chargers. I prefer slow ones in order to keep the health of the battery at high level as I am not in hurry most of the times. The problem is that using the hub I have no problem with any charger or battery. When I tried to charge them using the drone it seemed to start at the beginning but it was stopping after a couple of minutes and no energy added into the battery
2023-4-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz Posted at 4-1 10:05
I have several chargers. I prefer slow ones in order to keep the health of the battery at high level as I am not in hurry most of the times. The problem is that using the hub I have no problem with any charger or battery. When I tried to charge them using the drone it seemed to start at the beginning but it was stopping after a couple of minutes and no energy added into the battery

Drone off or on? It should be off.
2023-4-1
Use props
ziotech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft
United States

djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz Posted at 4-1 10:05
I have several chargers. I prefer slow ones in order to keep the health of the battery at high level as I am not in hurry most of the times. The problem is that using the hub I have no problem with any charger or battery. When I tried to charge them using the drone it seemed to start at the beginning but it was stopping after a couple of minutes and no energy added into the battery

Do you mind telling me what other chargers you use?  Thanks
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz
New

Greece

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-1 10:23
Drone off or on? It should be off.

It was off. I also tried to turn it on and off again but nothing changed
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz
New

Greece

ziotech Posted at 4-1 14:45
Do you mind telling me what other chargers you use?  Thanks

I have the original DJI charger of 18watts, I also tried a Samsung charger of 10 watts from my cell phone and a Sony Green heart charger that is very slow. It works at 5volts at 0.85ampere and I prefer using it.
All of them worked fine at the hub but not when I tried to use them straight to the drone. I believe that the problem it at the drone.
2023-4-1
Use props
supergeo.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

My favorite charger is my Google Pixel 30 watt charger; very reliable and quick.
2023-4-1
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_cSWeYE6XAmhz Posted at 4-1 14:58
I have the original DJI charger of 18watts, I also tried a Samsung charger of 10 watts from my cell phone and a Sony Green heart charger that is very slow. It works at 5volts at 0.85ampere and I prefer using it.
All of them worked fine at the hub but not when I tried to use them straight to the drone. I believe that the problem it at the drone.

I believe you need a minimum of 3 amp (15 Watts) minimum to allow the battery to be charged..

I tried with the Samsung charger (7.75 Watts) and it just couldn't do it...
That was with three batteries on the DJI charging station..

PS
I also tested the DJI charger (25 Watts), but they did get hot pretty quickly...
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_7Uegp4zLWoXA
New

Lebanon

Mine its never end charging
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Nikosmpl. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Here are some recommended steps you may try:
1. Check whether the battery level has exceeded 95%. Due to overcharge protection, the battery can be charged only when the battery level is lower than 95%.
2. Please replace the battery on the aircraft to see if the charger is working normally.
3. Please replace the charger if possible.
4. We recommend using the DJI 30W USB-C Charger. PD fast-charging protocols are also supported.
If the issue persists, kindly post a short video showing the charging process and the LED indicators.
We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using an anger usb charger to charge in the drone at the same time as charging 3 batteries in the hub,  never had an issue.
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 22:37
Hi, Nikosmpl. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Here are some recommended steps you may try:
1. Check whether the battery level has exceeded 95%. Due to overcharge protection, the battery can be charged only when the battery level is lower than 95%.
2. Please replace the battery on the aircraft to see if the charger is working normally.

hello, thank you for the response. I did all these you suggest, the batteries were all at 20-50 % (i have 4 batteries). I tried all of them at the aircraft and none of them worked, i also tried to charge them into the charging hub and they were charged all. I also tried all my chargers at the aircraft. I have an original DJI of 18watts and i tried too... i cannot believe that we have to use only 30watts chargers at the aircraft.
Personally i believe that there is a problem with the aircraft. I dont know if there is a way to reset it in case it starts working.
i will upload a video later. What it does is that the 2 lamps from the left start blinkg like it charges and after 2 minutes it stops.
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:08
Im using an anger usb charger to charge in the drone at the same time as charging 3 batteries in the hub,  never had an issue.

i dont have a problem using the hub. the problem is that i cannot charge using the aircraft and i tried 4 batteries and 4-5 chargers
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

Burt37 Posted at 4-1 21:26
I believe you need a minimum of 3 amp (15 Watts) minimum to allow the battery to be charged..

I tried with the Samsung charger (7.75 Watts) and it just couldn't do it...

i have a charger of 5volts and 0,85 mha (maybe 5 watts) and it charges perfectly at the hub. The same with all others that i have that are faster. I prefer slow charging and they work fine 2 years that i use drones. The problem is only at the aircraft that doesnt charge.
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-2 09:25
hello, thank you for the response. I did all these you suggest, the batteries were all at 20-50 % (i have 4 batteries). I tried all of them at the aircraft and none of them worked, i also tried to charge them into the charging hub and they were charged all. I also tried all my chargers at the aircraft. I have an original DJI of 18watts and i tried too... i cannot believe that we have to use only 30watts chargers at the aircraft.
Personally i believe that there is a problem with the aircraft. I dont know if there is a way to reset it in case it starts working.
i will upload a video later. What it does is that the 2 lamps from the left start blinkg like it charges and after 2 minutes it stops.

here is a video of the procedure. at the end , after 4-5 minutes it just stops.  
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNNu5p20IcrqxZLVIDV6cWU0RX-PvrhyLc7pLPWHTO2AwgvoESzYIsCMMNLG8hyCw/photo/AF1QipM3_dj5o-NwvoCol3RQMgTTVQp0fKRATuOcajSE?key=d2RSMGhZVkZULWNiWjRtT0h3bnZlMnAxSUlKZHFR

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J7niy9o4RJhUYJ1z8

2023-4-2
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-2 09:28
i have a charger of 5volts and 0,85 mha (maybe 5 watts) and it charges perfectly at the hub. The same with all others that i have that are faster. I prefer slow charging and they work fine 2 years that i use drones. The problem is only at the aircraft that doesnt charge.

I agree with you regarding the slower charging, making batteries lasting longer.

I haven't tried to charge the battery in the unit, as I charge the three battery always together...

EDIT

I just had a look at your video... Could be that maybe the battery gets hot and the thermal sensor turns it off?? Just speculating here..

2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

Burt37 Posted at 4-2 13:46
I agree with you regarding the slower charging, making batteries lasting longer.

I haven't tried to charge the battery in the unit, as I charge the three battery always together...

I also thought it was a problem of high temperature, but no, the battery and the drone were cold at the begging and when it stopped it was not so hot to say it is problem. it maybe stops because of this temperature but i think it is a failure of the drone too. In case i didnt have the charging hub what would i do? i couldnt fly the drone?
2023-4-2
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-2 21:38
I also thought it was a problem of high temperature, but no, the battery and the drone were cold at the begging and when it stopped it was not so hot to say it is problem. it maybe stops because of this temperature but i think it is a failure of the drone too. In case i didnt have the charging hub what would i do? i couldnt fly the drone?

I'm old school, and never charge lipos either in the open or still in the RC (what ever I'm using heli,drone,cars).

I had few batteries with serious issues in the past and I simply don't trust them any more.. All lipos get charged in the lipo bag now..

But I can see your point as you should be able to charge the battery in the drone if you wish to do so...
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

Burt37 Posted at 4-2 21:57
I'm old school, and never charge lipos either in the open or still in the RC (what ever I'm using heli,drone,cars).

I had few batteries with serious issues in the past and I simply don't trust them any more.. All lipos get charged in the lipo bag now..

what do you mean that all lipos get charged in the lipo bag? i dont understand
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-2 09:25
hello, thank you for the response. I did all these you suggest, the batteries were all at 20-50 % (i have 4 batteries). I tried all of them at the aircraft and none of them worked, i also tried to charge them into the charging hub and they were charged all. I also tried all my chargers at the aircraft. I have an original DJI of 18watts and i tried too... i cannot believe that we have to use only 30watts chargers at the aircraft.

We understand. If you can use a DJI 30W USB-C charger, please try it and let us know if has a significant difference. Regarding resetting the drone, we're sorry but there is currently no option to factory reset it. We will wait for your update and additional details. Thank you.
2023-4-2
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 23:54
We understand. If you can use a DJI 30W USB-C charger, please try it and let us know if has a significant difference. Regarding resetting the drone, we're sorry but there is currently no option to factory reset it. We will wait for your update and additional details. Thank you.

im sorry but i cannot find a DJI 30watt charger now and i dont need to buy it justo to make an effort to charge it. Besides it is not normal to stop charging with 18 watt charger, that causes less heat than a 30watt charger.
I have a samsung 25watts charger and i will try with it too.
I believe there is a problem with the drone, the controller or the m/b of the drone cannot handle charging.
2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-2 22:05
what do you mean that all lipos get charged in the lipo bag? i dont understand

Have a look at this link:

https://www.amazon.com.au/lipo-bag/s?k=lipo+bag

It is just a fire retardant bag where you keep and charge the lipo batteries.. Been using them since the beginning... It is just safer... If they explode, the fire is contained. They burn very hot but not for very long..

2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-3 00:01
im sorry but i cannot find a DJI 30watt charger now and i dont need to buy it justo to make an effort to charge it. Besides it is not normal to stop charging with 18 watt charger, that causes less heat than a 30watt charger.
I believe there is a problem with the drone, the controller or the m/b of the drone cannot handle charging.

Does the Samsung have multivoltage? And if it does does it have the 9volts required for the mini3 pro?

I got some Samsung charger that only do 5,12 and 15 volts but not 9 volts. Check the label in the charger...
2023-4-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I'm using a Samsung 25W charger.
2023-4-3
Use props
Nikosmpl
lvl.2
Greece

Burt37 Posted at 4-3 01:04
Does the Samsung have multivoltage? And if it does does it have the 9volts required for the mini3 pro?

I got some Samsung charger that only do 5,12 and 15 volts but not 9 volts. Check the label in the charger...

i cant understand why you ask this, when i tell you that i can charge the batteries using the hub, but not when i use the aircraft. IT is no logical.I will send the drone for repair. it has a problem, i tried every combination i could, other drone (mini 3) and the problem is at mine only. not at the hub, not at the batteries etc
2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-3 21:46
i cant understand why you ask this, when i tell you that i can charge the batteries using the hub, but not when i use the aircraft. IT is no logical.I will send the drone for repair. it has a problem, i tried every combination i could, other drone (mini 3) and the problem is at mine only. not at the hub, not at the batteries etc

Perhaps the hub has a different power check in place than the drone.. Not sure...

2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nikosmpl Posted at 4-3 00:01

We understand. Kindly post the video whenever it's available. Thank you.
2023-4-5
Use props
fans2b5add32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft
United States

Amazon has the DJI 30watt chargers.  In fact, they are one of the main suppliers of DJI.
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_fLzI4bMw9Hbk
New
Flight distance : 281516 ft
Canada

I have the same issue with my Mini 3 Pro. Hub charges no problem. Aircraft used to charge no problem, but now will not charge at all when plugged in. Have tried regular and fast charge cell phone adapters, and my laptop usb output. Drone is room temp. Battery can be 10% or 90%, same issue. Problem with Aircraft? Would like to be able to continue charging two batteries at the same time (hub + drone)
@DJI, would love to know if there's a fix to something like this?

Thanks.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_fLzI4bMw9Hbk Posted at 9-5 21:23
I have the same issue with my Mini 3 Pro. Hub charges no problem. Aircraft used to charge no problem, but now will not charge at all when plugged in. Have tried regular and fast charge cell phone adapters, and my laptop usb output. Drone is room temp. Battery can be 10% or 90%, same issue. Problem with Aircraft? Would like to be able to continue charging two batteries at the same time (hub + drone)
@DJI, would love to know if there's a fix to something like this?

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried charging from a different power outlet? Seems like everything was already tried. We suggest sending the drone for repair. You can submit a repair request or contact DJI Support using this link: https://www.dji.com/support
The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-6
Use props
DGem5449
New
Flight distance : 281516 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 9-6 01:57
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried charging from a different power outlet? Seems like everything was already tried. We suggest sending the drone for repair. You can submit a repair request or contact DJI Support using this link: https://www.dji.com/support
The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks Tony. Is there a way for DJI to coordinate a formal test sequence on the drone prior to casting out shipping?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DGem5449 Posted at 9-6 21:32
Thanks Tony. Is there a way for DJI to coordinate a formal test sequence on the drone prior to casting out shipping?

Hello there. Regretfully, we are unable to check the drone's hardware remotely. However, once the facility receives the drone, they will conduct an analysis to know what needs to be fixed and then they will send you a quotation. After receiving the quotation, it will be up to you if you would like to proceed or send back the drone unrepaired. I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_oZH8yqzDYiEX
New

Malaysia

I've been experiencing a persistent problem with my DJI Mini 3 Pro Aircraft. Now is the charger haish. After fully charging one battery, the charger keeps blinking and fails to charge the next battery. This has been quite disappointing, especially considering the significant investment I made in purchasing the combo set for RM5k+.

I've encountered various issues with this product over the past few months, and most of them I've managed to solve on my own. However, the charging problem has become quite frustrating, and it's disheartening that the seller's only suggestion is to send it in for warranty claims.

I was hoping for a more reliable and hassle-free experience with this charger. It's disheartening to encounter recurring issues, especially after investing a significant amount of money. I'm now feeling quite fed-up with this charging problem.
1-4 05:05
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules