Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens Request: Samyang/Rokinon V-AF Cine Prime T1.9 E-Mount
1700 3 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sepfy
lvl.1
United States

I know they're pretty much repackaged normal photo class and not the same level as proper higher-end cine-primes but they just seem like a perfect match for the Ronin 4d. I have the 24, 35, and 75mms and they were reasonably well on my Sony A1 but lets face it...I got them because I really want to put them on my Ronin 4D!

Of course they're not on the supported lenses list and thus have some problems - Manual Focus does not work reliably at all (it constantly is racking to the wrong spot), AMF has the same problem and even normal AF/Smart seems to have a lot of trouble (you can hear that the lens and the Ronin 4D are fighting eachother). I've heard that using the Samyang Lens Station dock to change settings on the Samyang V-AF lenses from Cine to Regular will allow the AF to be a bit more reliable, but would love to have proper support.

Certainly if there's a proper way to request lens support point me in the right direction but barring that I'd love to see some official support for these!

https://www.samyanglens.com/en/product/v-af.php
2023-4-1
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I really think you should make the change you mention using the Samyang Lens Station and Lens Manager program. I've only tested my 35mm V-AF briefly after making the change but I didn't notice any of the problems you mention. Deciding to rely on the experience of others, I didn't bother trying to mount the lens before I made the change to "Normal (ACC Control)" and, importantly, updated the 4D's E-mount, so I can't say whether doing so would have led to the issues you are experiencing. However, several users on the 4D Facebook groups have adopted these lenses and, beyond getting them to work in the first place, aren't reporting problems either.

Given the Samyangs are only compatible with the 4D subject to this change to the lens's default operation and the fact that DJI won't recommend what they haven't tested, I'm not particularly surprised not to see them on DJI's compatibility list. But not listed and not tested doesn't necessarily mean not suitable, as evidenced by the fact that there are more CF Express Type B cards that work in the 4D than appear on DJI's list.
2023-4-1
Use props
Sepfy
lvl.1
United States

TooDeep Posted at 4-1 17:48
I really think you should make the change you mention using the Samyang Lens Station and Lens Manager program. I've only tested my 35mm V-AF briefly after making the change but I didn't notice any of the problems you mention. Deciding to rely on the experience of others, I didn't bother trying to mount the lens before I made the change to "Normal (ACC Control)" and, importantly, updated the 4D's E-mount, so I can't say whether doing so would have led to the issues you are experiencing. However, several users on the 4D Facebook groups have adopted these lenses and, beyond getting them to work in the first place, aren't reporting problems either.

Given the Samyangs are only compatible with the 4D subject to this change to the lens's default operation and the fact that DJI won't recommend what they haven't tested, I'm not particularly surprised not to see them on DJI's compatibility list. But not listed and not tested doesn't necessarily mean not suitable, as evidenced by the fact that there are more CF Express Type B cards that work in the 4D than appear on DJI's list.

Yeah I have a Lens Station coming in tomorrow to try that out - I'm hoping that it gets me all the features (I mostly like using the AMF/Smart mode on the Ronin 4D) so hopefully that's all that's needed!
2023-4-2
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sepfy Posted at 4-2 01:27
Yeah I have a Lens Station coming in tomorrow to try that out - I'm hoping that it gets me all the features (I mostly like using the AMF/Smart mode on the Ronin 4D) so hopefully that's all that's needed!

Cool. The important change to make is to <Custom S/W> in the Samyang Lens Manager app (bottom left). Choose <Normal (ACC Control)> in the [MF Mode] drop-down box and also your 4D's E-mount must be on the latest firmware v00.00.13.00 (available early last month).

The Lens Manger app also provides a quick route to update your lenses to their latest firmware, various parameters (which may or may not be effective on the 4D) and to the application's User Manual. Oh, and disconnect your lenses via the app (in Lens Connection) before you physically remove them from the docking station.
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules