DJI Mic extreme low level on recorded wave file
812 0 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nichtse
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there!

A few days ago I have purchased the DJI Mic Kit to be used with my camcorder Panasonic AG-CX10.
All works fine when I connect the receiver to the camcorder, the sound levels are good, maybe a little too high, but can be dimmed. On the earphones everything sound ok, either when hooked to the DJI receiver or to the camcorders phone out.

BUT: when I copy the recorded wave file from the transmitter memory to my PC and open it with a sound app, I hardly can hear anything! I have to turn the output volume up to 100% (normally works fine at appr. 20%). Although the sound is clear it is extremly low! I have imported the file to Adobe Audition to look at the waveform and I can see the sound level is at about -30 dB. It helps a little to increase the amplificatiion of the transmitter by +12 dB, but this is stiill far away from what I find normal. I find this strange because they offer a special recording mode that dims one channel by 6 dB in order to avoid distortions by too loud noise. To my (short) experience this might never happen!

What is funny about this behaviour: when I connect the transmitter to my Samsung Note 20 with the USB cable and open any player app like Samsung Music, the sound is reproduced normally loud.

Of course I have fupdated the firmware on March 31, which was yesterday, but this did not help at all.

I really like this product but would really appreciate an explanation on this phenomenon!

2023-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules