Selling a drone with a built in screen controller, a poll?
770 12 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Person "A" does nothing to the controller before selling the drone and controller to "B".
Can "B" access the logs of "A"'s flights? A poll.
This is just to see what people think, hopefully with out reading the answers and finding the correct answer, so if you participate please vote and only after voting read any comments.

Single SelectVote, Total 4 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

100.00% (4)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes,   Asumming they literally did nothing then you can follow these instructions to get them.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -controller.127069/
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:19
Yes,   Asumming they literally did nothing then you can follow these instructions to get them.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/how-to-copy-txt-flight-logs-from-dji-rc-remote-controller.127069/

Yep, I am just wondering how many people think their flight history is safe.
The same thing applies to the FPV goggles.
2023-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 00:45
Yep, I am just wondering how many people think their flight history is safe.
The same thing applies to the FPV goggles.

I wonder if thats why they added the delete all data option this week to some of the drones.
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:50
I wonder if thats why they added the delete all data option this week to some of the drones.

No idea but I think its a good idea for the privacy of the previous owner but personally I like 'seeing' the flight history. However I am not going to experiment lol.
For the DJI RC there is also post #7  by DJI-Tony in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D915%26typeid%3D915
2023-4-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To avoid that happening, you'd have to Unbind the drone and controller from your account.
2023-4-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, that is why DJI added the ability delete all data option in the recent FW update.  
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-2 03:38
To avoid that happening, you'd have to Unbind the drone and controller from your account.

I doubt unbinding will delete logs. Besides, does binding apply to DJI's other built in screen controllers and Go4 etc.?
2023-4-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 06:02
I doubt unbinding will delete logs. Besides, does binding apply to DJI's other built in screen controllers and Go4 etc.?

Unbinding means that a subsequent user would have to create or use their own account, and would have(presumably) no access to yours. I guess you're aware of that.  To be on the safe side it would be best to clear all data before passing it on to a third party.
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-2 06:28
Unbinding means that a subsequent user would have to create or use their own account, and would have(presumably) no access to yours. I guess you're aware of that.  To be on the safe side it would be best to clear all data before passing it on to a third party.

It is true that, via the App, the second owner, using their own login,  would have no access to the logs 'belonging' to the original owner ...BUT via computer etc. any flight logs on the controller are visible to the computer and that includes those of previous owner. Once off the controller and on the computer all the logs are processable.
2023-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
France

I know you're mostly on about the RC, but what about the DAT files on the drone itself?
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can read my P3 DATs (they are ONLY stored on the drone) but NOT the on the drone DAT's of my m2p/z nor my Mavic Mini & Mini 2.
Intitally the first thing I did on recieving a second hand drone was  download the drone's DAT's, with the Mini s and M2P/Z I was 'peeved' to  find I couldn't read them. Since the logs are unreadable I stopped the  practise with those drones.

The following is a generalised statement applicable, I think. to drones from perhaps the P4 onwards.

DAT's on the drone are accessable to all, in so far as seeing them goes. However they are encrypted so seeing that they exist and copying them to computer is all we can do we can not read them.
2023-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 06:58
I can read my P3 DATs (they are ONLY stored on the drone) but NOT the on the drone DAT's of my m2p/z nor my Mavic Mini & Mini 2.
Intitally the first thing I did on recieving a second hand drone was  download the drone's DAT's, with the Mini s and M2P/Z I was 'peeved' to  find I couldn't read them. Since the logs are unreadable I stopped the  practise with those drones.

Gotcha, thanks, its certainly good to know
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules