P3 standard custom stick mode not working
1366 10 2015-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gongml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

After setting and selecting the custom stick mode, the motor won't start when using the Combination Stick Command .  Also, after launching the drone with the GO app, neither of the 2 sticks provides any control.

In fact, all I wanted is to use the right stick to drive forward/backward and turn; and left stick for elevation changes and left/right moves.  It is like mode 1, but having left and right sticks swapped.  Since only the left stick has the lock position, the current mode 1 doesn't work well for landing the drone...
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

well that is mode 2. go change it to mode 2 and reboot everything and try again.or do u mean u just wanted to swap the yaw to the right stick and banking to the left? if that is what u want then u should be able to do custom and dont forget to reboot, just in case.
i will go try it in a bit and will let u know
2015-8-22
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 03:11
well that is mode 2. go change it to mode 2 and reboot everything and try again.or do u mean u just  ...

Thanks for your help.  Yes, I want to put yaw to the right stick and banking to the left.  Tried reboot, but the custom mode is still not working.  Switching back to model 1 & 2, the control works right away without the need of rebooting.
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

gongml Posted at 2015-8-23 03:28
Thanks for your help.  Yes, I want to put yaw to the right stick and banking to the left.  Tried r ...

i am about to go and fly, so i will test it, it may not be an option that we have, i dont know but i will let u know. if it is not possible it may be because of CSC function of the sticks!!
let u know in about 2 hours
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

gongml Posted at 2015-8-23 03:28
Thanks for your help.  Yes, I want to put yaw to the right stick and banking to the left.  Tried r ...

Ok I just tested exactly what u wanted and it works fine. Choose custom and then drag the controls that u want to the corresponding sticks, hit save.
2015-8-22
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 04:27
Ok I just tested exactly what u wanted and it works fine. Choose custom and then drag the controls ...

Ok, thx a lot!  I sure arranged the icons as I wanted and clicked save.  I can see the stick setting was stored if I go back to the custom setting.   But controller just doesn't work for me...  

Oh well.  I can live with mode 2 I guess.  I do hope DJI can make mode 1 the way I wanted in the next firmware update, as elevation shall be on the left stick, which has lock position...
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

gongml Posted at 2015-8-23 06:52
Ok, thx a lot!  I sure arranged the icons as I wanted and clicked save.  I can see the stick setti ...

that is strange, it worked flawlessly for me.
are u sure that after having saved the custom mode you are actually selecting it? i had to tap on the top right corner og the custom mode to get the blue check mark to appear. until you see the blue check mark next to the custom mode it is not selected!!!
2015-8-22
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 06:59
that is strange, it worked flawlessly for me.
are u sure that after having saved the custom mode y ...

It is indeed strange.  I did see the check mark beside the custom mode.  In fact, I can select mode 2 to launch the drone, switch to the custom mode during the flight, then the RC loses all the controls.  Switching to other modes works.

I also tested on both android app and iOS app (on iPad), neither works.  Now I wonder if it is firmware problem.  Mine is 1.0.20.  Looked online, but didn't see any firmware update for standard version...
2015-8-23
Use props
michael.ruhwede
lvl.1

Germany

gongml Posted at 2015-8-23 15:13
It is indeed strange.  I did see the check mark beside the custom mode.  In fact, I can select mod ...

Hi there, I have the same problem on my P3S. Maybe anybody knows how to fix this. Has it to do with switch 1?
2015-8-29
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Canada

michael.ruhwede Posted at 2015-8-29 13:45
Hi there, I have the same problem on my P3S. Maybe anybody knows how to fix this. Has it to do wit ...

The problem is still not solved.  Hopefully, DJI will take note and fix the bug with a firmware update.  In fact, I would suggest them to swap the functions of the two sticks in mode 1...
2015-9-2
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Canada

This is to confirm that the new firmware 1.1.30 fixed the custom stick mode problem.

Way to go, DJI!
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules