o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-3 23:58
That is a great capture!

thanks Mr B.   I rather liked that one too.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-3 23:59
Ah. Well I'm on 1.9.9 already so it should be OK.

What I mean is Smart Controller on 1.9.9 is fine, but DJI RC on 1.9.9 has that issue.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:05
thanks Mr B.   I rather liked that one too.

Ephemeral but captivating.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:06
What I mean is Smart Controller on 1.9.9 is fine, but DJI RC on 1.9.9 has that issue.

Oh.  I'd better check it out after all
2023-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 23:33
No I didnt,  it was very windy and I didnt want to stay in the air too long,   I really wanted the shots for the local town IG channel,  and I tagged them when I posted and they reposted them.

Yeah, get it.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:06
What I mean is Smart Controller on 1.9.9 is fine, but DJI RC on 1.9.9 has that issue.

Checked it out this morning, and there's no problem. My settings had remained as they were before the update.  On another matter, I was inspecting the drone (as you do) and I noticed the tiniest of nicks in the leading edge of each prop on the rear right leg.  I wonder if that is causing sufficient drag to the right, which corrects itself when the drone slows to a halt.  I'm loath to start replacing props myself as I'm afraid of making a ricket of it
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 03:20
Checked it out this morning, and there's no problem. My settings had remained as they were before the update.  On another matter, I was inspecting the drone (as you do) and I noticed the tiniest of nicks in the leading edge of each prop on the rear right leg.  I wonder if that is causing sufficient drag to the right, which corrects itself when the drone slows to a halt.  I'm loath to start replacing props myself as I'm afraid of making a ricket of it

A nick could easily be the starting point for a failure though.  What did you graze?   
2023-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 23:27
Thats very true,  the tower is on the side of a hill and there have been many slippages,    most of the side wall is down there in pieces,    you've seen bits of that before with kids climbing on it.

Yeah, I do remember you pointed that out once before in one of your photos.  Guess slippages all depend on soil type and content.  Growing up in Texas we had rich soil but here in Florida it is more of a sandy loam type soil over shale layers.  Probably why Florida has sinkholes opening on occasion and Texas doesn't.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 03:37
A nick could easily be the starting point for a failure though.  What did you graze?

Perhaps a blade of dry grass?  But I've been hand-catching or landing on smooth surfaces lately.
Maybe a large insect in flight?
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 04:10
Perhaps a blade of dry grass?  But I've been hand-catching or landing on smooth surfaces lately.
Maybe a large insect in flight?

Maybe grit blown up during take off or landing then.   Has many km have you got in the props?
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 04:21
Maybe grit blown up during take off or landing then.   Has many km have you got in the props?

215Km for 20 hrs flight time
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 04:49
215Km for 20 hrs flight time

I’ve got 220km on the replacement drone
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 05:29
I’ve got 220km on the replacement drone

Good grief! You must be out there every waking hour with it.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 06:21
Good grief! You must be out there every waking hour with it.

Mostly it’s flying a couple of batteries for sunrise most days that’s done it.   Been out and tested M2P with the new controller and caught 3 paddle boarders and a motor boat playing.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 06:29
Mostly it’s flying a couple of batteries for sunrise most days that’s done it.   Been out and tested M2P with the new controller and caught 3 paddle boarders and a motor boat playing.

Ah. So the RCPro DOES work with the M2.   Just the M2P or the M2Z as well?
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 06:51
Ah. So the RCPro DOES work with the M2.   Just the M2P or the M2Z as well?

It’s not the RC pro It’s the Smart Controller.   It supports M2P, M2Z, M2E and mini 2.  Along with Air 2 and phantoms.  
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 07:04
It’s not the RC pro It’s the Smart Controller.   It supports M2P, M2Z, M2E and mini 2.  Along with Air 2 and phantoms.

Ah. Got my wires crossed
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been nice here the last couple of days but that means I need to get ahead of the outdoor chores first.  Did get a nice flight in this morning though.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 03:58
Yeah, I do remember you pointed that out once before in one of your photos.  Guess slippages all depend on soil type and content.  Growing up in Texas we had rich soil but here in Florida it is more of a sandy loam type soil over shale layers.  Probably why Florida has sinkholes opening on occasion and Texas doesn't.

This area is mostly a clay soil type.    But in the case of the castle they did build it on the side of a hill that used to have the sea lapping against it.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-4 03:20
Checked it out this morning, and there's no problem. My settings had remained as they were before the update.  On another matter, I was inspecting the drone (as you do) and I noticed the tiniest of nicks in the leading edge of each prop on the rear right leg.  I wonder if that is causing sufficient drag to the right, which corrects itself when the drone slows to a halt.  I'm loath to start replacing props myself as I'm afraid of making a ricket of it

Did you try changing the setting at all?
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:36
Did you try changing the setting at all?

Yes. No difficulty there.  Then I had to set them back again to what I had them at originally
2023-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:16
Been nice here the last couple of days but that means I need to get ahead of the outdoor chores first.  Did get a nice flight in this morning though.

They are starting here too again.
I did manage to make one flight yesterday
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:35
This area is mostly a clay soil type.    But in the case of the castle they did build it on the side of a hill that used to have the sea lapping against it.

At the time of the build they probably weren't worried about slippage.  It is a shame that more of the castle didn't remain.
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-5 01:10
They are starting here too again.
I did manage to make one flight yesterday

I may have had a couple inbetween the chores,  like a reward system.
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-5 03:52
At the time of the build they probably weren't worried about slippage.  It is a shame that more of the castle didn't remain.

It is a shame but selfishly if it did it would probably  be fenced off and ticketed for access.
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:37
It is a shame but selfishly if it did it would probably  be fenced off and ticketed for access.

Yeah, you do make a good point.  At least now it is open 24/7 and with free access.  I read that there is no car park adjacent to the castle ruins and it requires a short walk to the castle.  The aerial views make it appear to be a nice area for walking though.
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-6 04:06
Yeah, you do make a good point.  At least now it is open 24/7 and with free access.  I read that there is no car park adjacent to the castle ruins and it requires a short walk to the castle.  The aerial views make it appear to be a nice area for walking though.

if you drive there then there is a dead end road with some parking on it,   usually enough unless its peak summer season.  There is also a carpark that belongs to the tea rooms thats an extra hundred yards.

If you park on the road its a 30m meter walk to the castle tower,   so its really not that far,  the funny thing is that on the map it looks like you could drive there as castle lane goes right past the castle and down the hill,  (its the road you see in some of the drone shots) but at that point thats really just a farmers private road for access to his field.  
2023-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 04:59
if you drive there then there is a dead end road with some parking on it,   usually enough unless its peak summer season.  There is also a carpark that belongs to the tea rooms thats an extra hundred yards.

If you park on the road its a 30m meter walk to the castle tower,   so its really not that far,  the funny thing is that on the map it looks like you could drive there as castle lane goes right past the castle and down the hill,  (its the road you see in some of the drone shots) but at that point thats really just a farmers private road for access to his field.

Okay, so that is a private road I was seeing.  
2023-4-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 04:59
if you drive there then there is a dead end road with some parking on it,   usually enough unless its peak summer season.  There is also a carpark that belongs to the tea rooms thats an extra hundred yards.

If you park on the road its a 30m meter walk to the castle tower,   so its really not that far,  the funny thing is that on the map it looks like you could drive there as castle lane goes right past the castle and down the hill,  (its the road you see in some of the drone shots) but at that point thats really just a farmers private road for access to his field.

Got to head out for physical therapy now.  Stay dry.  
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-6 05:03
Okay, so that is a private road I was seeing.

The part that is white is public,  and the grey part is private,   

2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-6 05:04
Got to head out for physical therapy now.  Stay dry.

Cheers. have a good one.  
2023-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:23
I may have had a couple inbetween the chores,  like a reward system.

I just captured the BIL's house again. Which was nice.
Today lots of rain.
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-6 08:49
I just captured the BIL's house again. Which was nice.
Today lots of rain.

Only rain?   Our rain became hail here.  
2023-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 22:58
Only rain?   Our rain became hail here.

Yeah, only rain yesterday.
And today too probably.
2023-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 05:15
The part that is white is public,  and the grey part is private,   

[view_image]

Thanks DA.  That really cleared up my questions about the access to the Castle.  
2023-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 05:15
Cheers. have a good one.

Good day at physical therapy yesterday as I finally got to 90% on range of motion (wall climber).  Now I just have to master that last 10%.
2023-4-7
Use props
superCoolDude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453950 ft
United States

Wow! did anybody get hurt?
2023-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 04:40
Good day at physical therapy yesterday as I finally got to 90% on range of motion (wall climber).  Now I just have to master that last 10%.

Wow. that seems like quite the jump.    well done.
2023-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

superCoolDude Posted at 4-7 06:36
Wow! did anybody get hurt?

Not that Im aware of.  
2023-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-7 04:39
Thanks DA.  That really cleared up my questions about the access to the Castle.

Im not convinced the labelling on that map is correct,  and next time I have the OS map out I will check.
2023-4-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules