Newbie Stuff
1011 18 2023-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Mantis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312959 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - started flying 2 days ago! That's been the easy part.
My queries mostly relate to the camera.
I took a few movies and stills today using internal storage as I'm waiting for a micro SD to arrive.

I can't see where to adjust the camera settings in DJI Fly - in fact the settings options in general are really thin.
I downloaded a Mavic Air2 pdf which is mainly relevant but doesn't have loads of detail.
Is there somewhere I can get some help - forum advice welcome but quite happy to read up on stuff if I know where it is.

Also- can you fly without the app? I sometimes visit areas with no phone coverage and it seems to imply the app will not work without a signal.

2023-4-2
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I hope this helps
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The App WILL WORK without a phone signal.
It will also work without a connection to the internet but before you go out of Wifi range be sure you are successfully logged into the App. The drawback to this is that maps, if you want them, will have to be downloaded to the phone prior to going out of contact. I don't use maps so that doesn't bother me.
Can the drone be flown without a phone? That depends, some warnings etc. require a phone to acknowledge them or to act upon them, if there is such a warning active then you may not be able to fly the drone until that warning is dealt with.
Camera settings are probably accessed  via the buttons to the right hand side of the screen.
2023-4-2
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks @Shawgod and @Sean-bumble-bee . I didn't realise you had to be in "go fly" mode to access all the menus, so voila it all suddenly became clear... going up to Isle of Lewis on Friday for a week so it will get a good workout.
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just try and check on MOD low flying sites up there, that's my big worry about a droning trip up the West Coast.  Get a Midge suit, those beaties may eat you alive otherwise. Take spare memory cards.
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, The Mantis. Thank you for reaching out. Since everyone provided you with the information you needed, let me just add this video that might be helpful to you:
Also, if you have a DJI Air 2s drone, please make sure that you have the correct manual please visit this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/air-2s). Hope this helps. Happy flying!

2023-4-2
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 13:25
Just try and check on MOD low flying sites up there, that's my big worry about a droning trip up the West Coast.  Get a Midge suit, those beaties may eat you alive otherwise. Take spare memory cards.

Yeah Mrs Mantis is from Lewis, we go up about 4 times a year. I’ve spent a couple of hours since I bought the Air2s boning up on the enhanced warning zones etc but I’m cool about it. Had a few images published on calendars, postcards etc over the years but keen to get into drone pics now.
2023-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool..... enjoy the views.
2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mantis Posted at 4-3 03:09
Yeah Mrs Mantis is from Lewis, we go up about 4 times a year. I’ve spent a couple of hours since I bought the Air2s boning up on the enhanced warning zones etc but I’m cool about it. Had a few images published on calendars, postcards etc over the years but keen to get into drone pics now.

Congrats on getting the Air 2S.  It is a very capable drone and my favorite one to fly.  Welcome to the wonderful world of aerial photography.
2023-4-3
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-2 19:45
Hi, The Mantis. Thank you for reaching out. Since everyone provided you with the information you needed, let me just add this video that might be helpful to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xY6IfcbBhI
Also, if you have a DJI Air 2s drone, please make sure the correct manual is on this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/air-2s). Hope this helps. Happy flying!

Thanks for the link... not sure why I couldn't find that manual before...
Also the video
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

The Mantis Posted at 4-3 05:58
Thanks for the link... not sure why I couldn't find that manual before...
Also the video

You're most welcome, The Mantis. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-4-6
Use props
DPH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8048 ft
Greece

thanks for the link
2023-4-13
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the help, a very welcoming forum. Got some great images and movies from my recent travels. Was apprehensive about getting into drones but now I'm hooked and wish I had got the Fly More kit.

2023-4-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oooooooooooo
I LOVE the wave pattern.

But where?
2023-4-28
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-28 10:53
Oooooooooooo
I LOVE the wave pattern.

This is the Uig district, Isle of Lewis. .
2023-4-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no longer relevant
2023-4-29
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-29 00:24
Ta, though I'd delete reference to that house. Public forum and all that.

Aye, cheers, corrected, although it’s pretty low risk if you knew the pairs of eyes in the village
2023-4-29
Use props
The Mantis
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 10:22
The App WILL WORK without a phone signal.
It will also work without a connection to the internet but before you go out of Wifi range be sure you are successfully logged into the App. The drawback to this is that maps, if you want them, will have to be downloaded to the phone prior to going out of contact. I don't use maps so that doesn't bother me.
Can the drone be flown without a phone? That depends, some warnings etc. require a phone to acknowledge them or to act upon them, if there is such a warning active then you may not be able to fly the drone until that warning is dealt with.

I've just ordered the RC as I'm finding the RC-N1 a bit of a faff. So it won't have a SIM but it will connect to wifi? Like you, not too bothered about the maps but curious to know if I can download them to the RC? Otherwise it's a lot of money just to get a larger, brighter screen and probably a better signal.
2023-5-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't know if you can download mas to the DJI RC but would guess that you can.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules