Any way to rotate an upside-down video?
1440 4 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I am planning on making a small video, where I would like to try one of my ideas. This idea may have to involve video that has to be shot upside down, however I would like to have it the right way up on the final video. I would like to ask now if either the Mimo app or the LightCut editor has a way to flip or rotate upside-down video the right way. If so, how to do it? Or is it just that I'll have to resort to DaVinci Resolve on PC to do it?

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, HGDC84. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can rotate the orientation of the video using the DJI Mimo's editor. In addition, you can also select the aspect ratio. Regarding the LightCut app, we cannot confirm it. You may check with LightCut support to verify, or test it. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 00:07
Hi, HGDC84. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can rotate the orientation of the video using the DJI Mimo's editor. In addition, you can also select the aspect ratio. Regarding the LightCut app, we cannot confirm it. You may check with LightCut support to verify, or test it. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for your fast response and information. Good to know, this will open up even more possibilities with the Pocket 2. :-)  
2023-4-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Did a test recording to this. I found out that not only can you rotate the upside-down video in the Mimo app, but the Pocket 2 can actually do it by itself when starting to record video with the camera side pointing down. Pretty cool
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 4-4 08:36
Thank you for your fast response and information. Good to know, this will open up even more possibilities with the Pocket 2. :-)

We're glad to help. Good luck with your tests, and have a nice day, Captain!
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules