Non fly zone! Should I downgrade sw??? H E L P
2104 20 2015-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Hungary

Heyy!

I am at King of Europe event this weekend in Budapest on ABANDONED airport, where are no airplanes any more and I cannot fly and catch amazing shots because of NON FLY ZONE there dammed!!!

What can I do with it??? Downgrade the sw or what???
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

downgrading FW will not solve your problem. there is no way around it. well there is but...., I am sure you can figure out how. just remeber how the system knows where u are, that is the only hint you get.
2015-8-22
Use props
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Hungary

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 02:32
downgrading FW will not solve your problem. there is no way around it. well there is but...., I am s ...

Tryed to switch to NON GPS mode, but nothing ... I spent 2000e for something I cannot use?! Seriously?!
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

MinoSVK Posted at 2015-8-23 02:36
Tryed to switch to NON GPS mode, but nothing ... I spent 2000e for something I cannot use?! Seriou ...

how about your device? does it have gps and cellular data? turning off gps doesnt mean it is not active in background, it just means you are flying without its aide
2015-8-22
Use props
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Hungary

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 02:39
how about your device? does it have gps and cellular data? turning off gps doesnt mean it is not a ...

I have iPad Mini 2 only wifi.

What can I do with it?? For that money there should be a option I can turn off NON FLY ZONE mode at own risk. Dammed! I am missing amazing shots right now! Ridiculous.
2015-8-22
Use props
M Riley
New

United States

MinoSVK Posted at 2015-8-23 02:44
I have iPad Mini 2 only wifi.

What can I do with it?? For that money there should be a option I c ...

a friend said to try manual mode......
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

M Riley Posted at 2015-8-23 02:58
a friend said to try manual mode......

as i said, manual mode does not mean gps is not working it just means YOU are not using it to FLY
2015-8-22
Use props
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Hungary

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 03:00
as i said, manual mode does not mean gps is not working it just means YOU are not using it to FLY

So? Any other solution please?!
2015-8-22
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

MinoSVK Posted at 2015-8-23 03:20
So? Any other solution please?!

Tin foil cap maybe? For the quad? Be wary of wind my friend as nothing will make the quad stay put and it will drift.
2015-8-22
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-23 04:21
Tin foil cap maybe? For the quad? Be wary of wind my friend as nothing will make the quad stay put ...

LOLOL ... "For the quad"   I can just see the poor guy wrapping an entire roll of Reynolds Wrap around his head while typing, "Still not working!"
2015-8-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-23 05:17
LOLOL ... "For the quad"   I can just see the poor guy wrapping an entire roll of Reynolds Wrap ar ...

Lol wow that was a good one for both of you, I hesitated to answer with a simple aluminum tape trick on the dji logo on top of the phantom, as I don't want many people in places where they should not fly be able to fly.

OP you really need to know how to fly as it literally will fly away if you don't have full control of the phantom in that situation so do it at your own risk and all of us here WILL NOT take any responsibility for any harm you cause for yourself or to others including but not limited to human and animal lives and any spirits that might be produced in the event of killing anything.
2015-8-22
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

Ok, I am GUESSING here (Dang. Just did that in another thread.), but I have reason to believe that if you downgrade from GO back to Pilot App, you may be okay. Why?! Well, I am not sure, but I think the GPS coordinate database is included in your App. The reason I believe this is that a friend in Fairfax VA told me his old version 1-something pilot app does not have the increased DC radius constraint, but GO certainly does. He may be serious or joking with me - I do not know.  I do not want to mess with Big Brother here.

Could that be true in Budapest? - don't know.  Has it always been a no fly zone?  Can you fly manual as suggested above?

2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-23 05:25
Lol wow that was a good one for both of you, I hesitated to answer with a simple aluminum tape tri ...

Well why do u guys think i stopped, i gave him a hint! as u said we dont want more trouble. but then i noticed he is in another country!
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-23 05:32
Ok, I am GUESSING here (Dang. Just did that in another thread.), but I have reason to believe that i ...

i believe he was joking with you. from the launch it has had no fly zones
2015-8-22
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-23 05:25
Lol wow that was a good one for both of you, I hesitated to answer with a simple aluminum tape tri ...

I don't like to fly strictly ATTI because wind can be a real issue sometimes. I have read tons of nightmares about DJI zoning old airports as "no fly's" in error.
2015-8-22
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Old airports or rarely used airports.... or video you need to take and only want to fly 30-40' in the air but cant because of the airport....  What a hassle!     I wish there was a "I know I'm in a no-fly-zone but only need to go 50 feet" mode.
2015-8-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-23 06:37
I don't like to fly strictly ATTI because wind can be a real issue sometimes. I have read tons of  ...

Ray taught me a trick when we were flying together, if i want to know what was the wind speed is, i go up at the altitude i want to fly at and then let it hover then switch to attitude mode and watch the speed on the gauge and as it goes into a steady drift then that is the wind speed, it did help me a lot today as i was getting my batteries to storage voltage (3.8 volts no load/ 3.6 volts hover) it was not windy at surface level (maybe 5 or 6 mph) but when i went up 400 feet i found it not staying in one spot, so i put it in attitude then it started going real fast and clocked at 15mph and with directon, so i put it back in to gps and let face the wind direction and it was nice and discharging my battery fast.
2015-8-22
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-23 09:00
Ray taught me a trick when we were flying together, if i want to know what was the wind speed is,  ...

Great idea! Thanks for that.
2015-8-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-23 10:11
Great idea! Thanks for that.

Your welcome   and here is me full of excitement waiting for the battery to reach half level LOL
excited.JPG
2015-8-22
Use props
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Slovakia

Well ... Where is the gps module located??
2015-8-23
Use props
MinoSVK
lvl.1

Slovakia

Well ... Where is the gps module located?? There is guy with Phantom and i asked him how is possible that he can fly and he told me he didnt update the fw so he doesnt have actual airport database. Sooo how can i downgrade?? I am on the event now and my Phantom is in the car because i cannot fly ;((
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules