Glitch?
1625 20 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoToad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14961 ft
Canada

A couple of times while flying my new M3 Classic I have had the screen drop to the start screen. What I mean is dropping to where you click go fly. I clicked and I was imediately back to the flight screen. Never seen it before. Has anyone else had this happen? And does it have to do with the classic coming with the cheaper Smart controller with no adjustable antennae?

2023-4-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

That should not be happening at all.  You will probably get to the bottom of it, but if it were me, I would do a few things:

1.  Refresh the firmware of the RC controller from Assistant 2 and a desktop connection.
2.  Replace/reformat any sd memory loaded.  (shouldn't matter because the DJI RC does not use the sd card yet I believe....but I am always paranoid about how bad/slow media could make any device behave.
3.  Fly it with more or less default settings after the refresh and see if it still happens.

In any event, good luck.  It's a problem for sure.  Maybe there are some device log files that should be saved off before refreshing, I don't know.
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MoToad. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To better isolate your concern, can you confirm if this happened multiple times or just one time? Please ensure you have the latest firmware version of the DJI RC and the app version of the DJI Fly app. You may also refer to the suggestions posted by TonyPHX. If the issue remains, please let us know. Have a nice day.
2023-4-3
Use props
Tom896
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533599 ft
United States

It has happened to me a number of times.
2023-4-3
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Update everything and try again
2023-4-4
Use props
Tom896
lvl.3
Flight distance : 533599 ft
United States

I am totally updated and always have been.
2023-4-4
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Tom896 Posted at 4-4 06:55
I am totally updated and always have been.

Then it sounds more like a defect than a glitch. Contact DJI service to have it tested thoroughly.
2023-4-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

tarted happening to me when I updated to V1.9.9. Downgrade to V1.9.4.

Here's the APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Rw/view?usp=sharing
2023-4-4
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

I am sorry I have not gotten back sooner. After my initial flights there was a time of bad weather and high winds and being a little paranoid I was not inclined to fly. Last week spring arrived and I headed up the lake with the Mav3 in tow. The initial flight went fine at which I tried the 1000M ceiling and a fair distance travelled. I had Hovered the aircraft at about 7 or 8 ft and manually updated the return point because I had also noticed it would return and miss the spot by a few feet. I set the return to home and awaited its return. About halfway back it veered off course and headed to my first track. I let it go and it turned for home again when it got there. Coming towards me it again headed off on some other track. I cancelled and reset return to home and it came into visible range. The the screen went white and stated the controller had disconnected. Tapping it it went to the home screen and I got it back on by tapping go fly. It returned to the camera screen and showed it was still following the RTH. It landed off a couple of feet. I tried another flight and it cut out twice in a very short time. That was enough and I packed it up. I did make sure it was fully charged and fully updated before flight. I intend to make another short flight to document the screen with photos if I can get it to happen again. I do have the care package so I guess it might be going back. I hope they are paying for postage.
2023-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MoToad Posted at 5-1 20:00
I am sorry I have not gotten back sooner. After my initial flights there was a time of bad weather and high winds and being a little paranoid I was not inclined to fly. Last week spring arrived and I headed up the lake with the Mav3 in tow. The initial flight went fine at which I tried the 1000M ceiling and a fair distance travelled. I had Hovered the aircraft at about 7 or 8 ft and manually updated the return point because I had also noticed it would return and miss the spot by a few feet. I set the return to home and awaited its return. About halfway back it veered off course and headed to my first track. I let it go and it turned for home again when it got there. Coming towards me it again headed off on some other track. I cancelled and reset return to home and it came into visible range. The the screen went white and stated the controller had disconnected. Tapping it it went to the home screen and I got it back on by tapping go fly. It returned to the camera screen and showed it was still following the RTH. It landed off a couple of feet. I tried another flight and it cut out twice in a very short time. That was enough and I packed it up. I did make sure it was fully charged and fully updated before flight. I intend to make another short flight to document the screen with photos if I can get it to happen again. I do have the care package so I guess it might be going back. I hope they are paying for postage.

It would be a good idea to post recorded flight data to find out what happened in the flight and if there's any reason to be concerned.
Having RTH autolanding miss the launch point by a couple of feet is completely normal and what you should expect unless you use the Precision Landing feature.

To post flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
Someone should be able to make sense of the incident.
2023-5-1
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks so much for that. I do have SD cards in both the drone and the RC so I hope I can retrieve the the flight logs. It seems fairly straight forward. VERY early here right now so after I get myself more sorted, I will look into it.
2023-5-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MoToad Posted at 5-2 04:21
Thanks so much for that. I do have SD cards in both the drone and the RC so I hope I can retrieve the the flight logs. It seems fairly straight forward. VERY early here right now so after I get myself more sorted, I will look into it.

The flight data isn't on an SD card.
It's in the internal memory of the controller.
2023-5-2
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

I was able to get and view the flight logs per Labroides  suggestion. All of them displayed P-GPS for the first couple of minutes and then, repeatedly P-GPS (bypass)((whatever that means)) the map showed the crazy course changes and the  last one had the startpoint  showing out over the water, which it was not. Seeing here there were very recent updates that, among other things, stated a few 'minor' bug fixes, I did the download and install. I'm glad my losing controller in mid flight was only minor. And here I thought I had something to worry about. lol. Anyhoo a sunrise flight this morn had everything working as it should and I even risked a 4km flight. It's fixed...I think. More filights, when I have the time, will tell. Thanks again for all your help.
2023-5-3
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not unusual for the fly app to crash. be it iPhone, Android phone, or the smart controllers.

Just dont panic, and reload, all is good again.

Not ideal, but software has bugs, its a fact of life.
2023-5-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MoToad Posted at 5-3 08:08
I was able to get and view the flight logs per Labroides  suggestion. All of them displayed P-GPS for the first couple of minutes and then, repeatedly P-GPS (bypass)((whatever that means)) the map showed the crazy course changes and the  last one had the startpoint  showing out over the water, which it was not. Seeing here there were very recent updates that, among other things, stated a few 'minor' bug fixes, I did the download and install. I'm glad my losing controller in mid flight was only minor. And here I thought I had something to worry about. lol. Anyhoo a sunrise flight this morn had everything working as it should and I even risked a 4km flight. It's fixed...I think. More filights, when I have the time, will tell. Thanks again for all your help.

Hi,

The FlyApp does not show P-GPS for a flightmode.

Phantom help CVS does show P-GPS ect.

P-GPS = N -mode with APAS Off.
P-GS (bypass) = N mode with the APAS set to Bypass
P-GPS (brake) = N mode with the APAS set to Brake

But not always does PH csv shows the correct P-GPS....
I always fly with a screen recording active, so you can check your log together with the screen recording.

Or use FRAP. (if you are a Windows user)

cheers
JJB
2023-5-3
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

Yes it was Phantom Help. What is APAS?
2023-5-3
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

OK. Got it.
2023-5-4
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

More grief. Went up the lake a bit to catch a magnificent sunset. No sooner had I taken off than the screen went to the homescreen after telling me network connection lost. I reconnected by hitting go fly again and it lasted for a short flight. I tested my RTH and it worked fine. Took off again and disconnect.  Then repeated disconnect. Needless to say I packed it up and went home. This morning I am headed to the local spot where all worked well after the updates but I am truly thinking I have a hardware problem that is getting worse fast. I am also factory resetting, updating and leaving the SD cards out. There is no wifi where I am going and admittedly I am not sure what the Bluetooth is about but they are both off. I believe there is an auto setting for those anyway, right? Last night I found DJIs 1-800 number and hope to talk to a real person. Today is Sunday and likely I will have to wait till tomorrow. This is turning to a big bummer for me.Add:  Back from the test. Gotta say it's a beautiful day out there. Not swamped by Mozzies yet burt they are coming. Initial takoff lasted 50' before the screen kicked off to Home screen. Hit fly and it came back. Paid more attention to the No. of Sats. which was a goodly 20. RC bars were also a full five. So I used RTH and it all worked well. Not wanting to pack it in just yet I tried again. This time and a third time all was good. Got to try the cruise control and just love it. I did have two more glitches involving the RC and it was again losing the screen only these times it kicked to a settings page. So what's going on. I'm still lost. The difference here today is 1. total factory reset. 2. location is out in the valley (wide open space as opposed to yesterday being up against steep hills on my east side but running the drone west onto the lake  should have cleared that). 3. No SD cards. Don't know that that should make any difference at all.(Scandisk Extreme 128s). I also remembered I applied a Screen protector to the screen. Anyone hear of these having any effect on the RC? Tried the tech number and no one picked up after a 20 min. wait. Some God aweful British (Chinese?) voice saying something about the wait but I guess I don't speak British (Chinese). Maybe better luck tomorrow.

2023-5-14
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me during a flight yesterday.  That was the first time the app ever crashed on me.
2023-5-14
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

More and more people are saying this which makes me think it is still a software issue. But why is mine more extreme than others? I still have my air 2 with RC and never had any problem with it.
2023-5-14
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

Since doing the last update, everything has been a whole lot better. The crashes to start screen have been less but are still happening. Being used to it now I hit the Go fly and it immediately comes back. But it is still there. One thing I am curious about is with it being a touch screen, and a very sensitive one at that, am I inadvertently causing it by somehow accidently touching it? Is there an automatic 'go to home screen' checkbox somewhere I can turn off? So, is this still happening with others also? I am charging the drone at present and will check for newer updates. Funny how my Air2 RC never went thru this.
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules