Custom Stick Mode - RC/RC PRO with MINI 3 PRO
1482 9 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
synriga
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658465 ft
United States

I have the RC and the RC PRO. Both updated to the current firmware and Fly App.
I have a Mini 3 Pro currently paired to the RC PRO.

I am trying to configure a custom stick mode as depicted below:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 7.40.55 PM.png

The Custom Stick Mode interface does not allow me to create the above configuration.

When I try to change the Ascend/Decent to be stick push for decend, The forward/backwards gets flipped so it changes to backwards is stick push and forward is stick pull. Not what I want.

For DJI: Please advise the steps I must take to make the above Custom Stick Mode configuration.

2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your kind feedback. We will forward it to our engineer for this feature and will keep working to provide a good user experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-3
Use props
synriga
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658465 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-3 20:04
Thanks for your kind feedback. We will forward it to our engineer for this feature and will keep working to provide a good user experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm hoping that this capability can be incorporated into an upcoming release.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

synriga Posted at 4-4 00:41
I'm hoping that this capability can be incorporated into an upcoming release.

We appreciate your understanding. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-6
Use props
CassieR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34131 ft
United States

-------------
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_PteoseieknuB
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-6 03:11
We appreciate your understanding. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

Was this ever resolved?
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_PteoseieknuB
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-6 03:11

Was this ever resolved? If not are their plans to resolve it? Has this been addressed by your product team?
2023-8-7
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Moin from Germany,

unfortunately DJI never fixed the problem with the DJI Fly App on Android. With the old DJI GO 4 app (Android) it worked without problems. There is so far only the possibility under the DJI Fly App iOS (Appel) to customize the custom stick mode as you want to have. But that only works for the RC systems without a built-in screen. But if you have changed the custom stick mode under iOS the way you want it, it will be taken over by the DJI Fly App Android.  

Why this doesn't work under DJI Fly App Android is quite annoying. That's why I don't buy an RC system with a screen. Would be nice if DJI could finally adapt this under Android. With the iOS Fly App (Appel) it also works.
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_P31LZSFtyQvg
New
Canada

Just got my mini pro 4 and realize how stupid this customization control is.. I m considering a return because of the unintuitive control.

Amazing how DJI with all the amazing tech and software, yet cannot bother to simple let people invert mapping of ascend and descend for an aviation device.

Whoever at DJI UX/development team who thinks that people who want to invert Y axis would absolutely need inverted control for forward and backward as well must be a spy from competitors who want people to not buy DJI due to its unintuitive control..

Or maybe they did it on purpose so people's muscle memory  kicks in and causes the drone to crash so they would need new one or DJI refresh.

For something that requires minimum amount of coding to fix it's inexcusable, especially considering that IOS can already do it already.
2023-12-7
Use props
djiuser_R7fX3WxyCsNK
New
Canada

I need to custom map my right control stick to flip the Ascend/Descend functions to be opposite. Down to go up and up to go down. I don't know a program/game that cannot perform this change other than DJI unless I must be missing something very simple in the programming.

Please help DJI!
Thank you!
4-17 22:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules