977 15 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got my prop holder yesterday, is it just me or is it more finicky to fit and remove than the Mini 2's prop holder?

I certainly prefer it to the Skyreat though, that one is now for the bin, the DJI's version of the strap nogging and hole is much more robust, i.e. whilst its tight, its not likely to pop out and it also allows for a little prop movement thus alleviating stress on the props.

I do highly recommend it but do allow for a bit of faffing at 1st, one may get the hang of it in the end but certainly not from the get-go lol.
2023-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It me a few times to get the knack of it,   and Im not opening it and dropping the drone in rather than the instructions that imply inserting the drone through it like a letter box.
2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got to agree with you on this Bashy.  First few tries with the DJI prop holder was definitely a learning experience.  I can get it on and off easy now, but not a first.  I do like the design.
2023-4-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 23:59
It me a few times to get the knack of it,   and Im not opening it and dropping the drone in rather than the instructions that imply inserting the drone through it like a letter box.

I didnt read the instructions lol they went in the bin with the box
2023-4-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 02:59
Got to agree with you on this Bashy.  First few tries with the DJI prop holder was a definitely learning experience.  I can get it on and off easy now, but not a first.  I do like the design.

Glad it isnt just me lol
2023-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-4 03:31
Glad it isnt just me lol

Mine didn't come with any instructions so it was a trial and error endeavor.  Got it down pat now though.
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-4 03:31
I didnt read the instructions lol they went in the bin with the box

Why doesn't that surprise me.
2023-4-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:33
Why doesn't that surprise me.

To be fair, it is only a cover, its not like you can get it wrong , i actually thought it was just a warranty card thingy so away it went lol
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-5 03:37
To be fair, it is only a cover, its not like you can get it wrong , i actually thought it was just a warranty card thingy so away it went lol

The "official" way to fit the guard surprised me as they suggest you dont open it fully but pass the drone through it.   But Ive found just opening like you would with the mini 2 one easier.  
2023-4-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 22:41
The "official" way to fit the guard surprised me as they suggest you dont open it fully but pass the drone through it.   But Ive found just opening like you would with the mini 2 one easier.

Doing it that way and i tried after seeing your reply the other day, was actually more fiddly, fitting it the Mini 2 way is much simpler and less fiddly, be even more so once one has the knack lol
2023-4-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-5 23:37
Doing it that way and i tried after seeing your reply the other day, was actually more fiddly, fitting it the Mini 2 way is much simpler and less fiddly, be even more so once one has the knack lol

Absolutely.  

Have you updated to 1.9.9. on your RC?
2023-4-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-5 23:38
Absolutely.  

Have you updated to 1.9.9. on your RC?

Erm, not sure, i was on the latest as of yesterday, also, i expected to lose the android addon software thingy that i am using, the one where you can add apps and change the theme etc (most of it doesn't work mind lol) but thats not the case, weird, right?
2023-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-6 03:32
Erm, not sure, i was on the latest as of yesterday, also, i expected to lose the android addon software thingy that i am using, the one where you can add apps and change the theme etc (most of it doesn't work mind lol) but thats not the case, weird, right?

When you get a chance and you check something for me?   Have a look at max altitude and see if you can set it.  Mines doing this and I wonder if it's the special tweak thats causing it as I cant find anyone else that has the issue.

2023-4-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-6 03:37
When you get a chance and you check something for me?   Have a look at max altitude and see if you can set it.  Mines doing this and I wonder if it's the special tweak thats causing it as I cant find anyone else that has the issue.

Sorry for the late reply, i am not using the same as you, i don't use the permanent version any more, i installed the other way so that i can choose to enable or not, but i tested it anyway and its working fine for me except for you cannot choose 400ft its either 410ft or 393ft i think it was, gonna complain about that in a new thread lol

2023-4-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

@Bashy

I love your perseverance in trying to get the magic 400 number... And yes I already read your other thread...
2023-4-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks lol, it was this thread that prompted it
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now