No Remote ID? YAY!
1377 9 2023-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

Okay, so I upgraded to the MC2, which I was reluctent to do because that meant updating the Avata too - which I thought meant remote ID would be turned on and I'd now have to fly with another cable attached to my googles, tangled with the power cord. I skipped the updates that were already released and only loaded the most recent. To my surprise, the Avata started up, locked satalites, and off I went. No remote ID messages, no error messages. And the MC2 gives much more control, love it.
2023-4-4
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Confused.  Did you just update the MC2...... and not the Goggles 2 and Avata?
2023-4-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very confused as well. Updating to the latest version should have trapped you, as it should include all previous updates.
2023-4-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe it is true that geography plays a part as mentioned and outside the usa, rid does not necessarily engage?
2023-4-4
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

When I got the MC2 I had to update the googles 2 and the Avata to the latest firmware. This is the first time I upgraded the firmware on either since I bought them at the launch (didn't upgrade the Avata because I didn't want the RID). Maybe it's no longer implemented in Canada?!? I'll do some more testing tonight.
2023-4-4
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

New2Mini2 Posted at 4-4 10:09
When I got the MC2 I had to update the googles 2 and the Avata to the latest firmware. This is the first time I upgraded the firmware on either since I bought them at the launch (didn't upgrade the Avata because I didn't want the RID). Maybe it's no longer implemented in Canada?!? I'll do some more testing tonight.

As far as I know remote ID has never been implemented in Canada for recreational drones. It is currently being discussed by Transport Canada and I'm sure will be coming in the future. More info here DPAC position paper on RID if you are interested.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and congratulations on your new remote controller! To clarify, the DJI Avata only supports the Remote ID function in the US. Since you are in Canada, this should not affect you. We hope this clarifies your concern. Please reach us back should you have other concerns. Have a nice day!  
2023-4-4
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

there have been reports that in canada the RID error is also there:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-284248-1-1.html

2023-4-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-5 00:54
there have been reports that in canada the RID error is also there:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-284248-1-1.html

The confusion continues.
2023-4-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

probably DJI will make another firmware update to "correct" this issue....
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules